[Build Log] Batgirl

diluzio91
That's right... Another mod... This time it's for my wife's PC. It's going to be a little simpler, but it's still going to be Liquid cooled, and should be pretty sweet when it's all finished. The colors and themes are all picked and approved by my wife, so yall just sit back and enjoy the ride :D

The case: 

NZXT Noctis 450 in black. The lighting on this case is pretty crazy, and we're going to be using almost none of it. 

V2JHEYj.jpg

The Inspiration: 

Bat girl is one of my wife's all time favorite super heros, and after seeing my Iron Man build she got a little jealous, and challenged me to design a Bat Girl themed build for her. 

The break down is like this. 

The build will be taking advantage of the "armor" look of the noctis 450 case, and will bring in elements from the bat family franchise. The "armor" will be coated in 3m Carbon Fiber vinyl on the outside, while the interior will be done in Metallic purple. Various Die cut vinyl and other bits and bobs will be added as the build unfolds. 

5laXDpD.jpg

The top panel of the case taken off

3y7w1aj.jpg

The Armor stripped off and ready for the Vinyl to be applied when it arrives. 

jubKK9z.jpg

Finally the mesh is removed from the panels as part of the prep work on the case. 

KQce7i6.jpg

Since the parts for this build will be coming from my old desktop I can confidently share the specs of this build as follows:

i7 3770@4ghz

Asrock Z77 Board

16gb Memory

Corsair HX850 PSU

EVGA Classified 780Ti

Full liquid loop

2x 250gb SSD's

Looking really nice. Followed!

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

The lighting,,what about the NZXT logo? You could get some plastic cut outs to make it yellow,instead of red

Followed :)

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

The lighting,,what about the NZXT logo? You could get some plastic cut outs to make it yellow,instead of red

Followed :)

Oh it's already happening, Drilling and cutting and all the fun stuff has already begun. Mwahaha. 

Oh it's already happening, Drilling and cutting and all the fun stuff has already begun. Mwahaha.

Mwahahah

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

38298690.jpg

This is pure gold

Looking forward to what you do in this build. I'm also working on two of these cases as well. FOLLOWING!!!

I'm not even remotely interested in the whole Batman universe, but after seeing what you did on the Iron Man build, I cannot wait to see what this one's going to be like. Followed!

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

Got some more work done today. 

Step one, Remove the front side of the HDD cage

vkOVO6N.jpg

Now we need to cover that hole... 

ZpVV0z5.jpg

Convient placement of the screw holes makes it easy to secure the new back plane to it's holder. 

rHM7Oqw.jpg

Modification to the PSU cover to make it look a little more complete

UGEtSJe.jpg

And bending the cover to shape... Easier than it looks with a good heat gun xD

wT7bWE5.jpg

A better view of how it will look here. 

fg7lgEr.jpg

Here's what it looks like now... All the guts have dissapeared!!! 

URkzh5p.jpg

Guts in the garage for paint, Primer done in this photo

Z3S55hL.jpg

First coat of the purple laid down

Av4KzP1.jpg

It's pretty dark out so I tried to get a good image with my cell phone's flash of the purple paint. It's deeper in person and sparkles like crazy. My wife came out in a mask to check the paint but threatened physical harm if I took a picture of her doing QA for her build. 

aLKcTKC.jpg

And last but not least I got the first part wrapped with the grey CF. My black and yellow vinyls are in the mail, so it'll be a bit before I can start doing the big panels. 

rxGMPZx.jpg

Thanks for watching!!

That's amazing @diluzio91 What are you doing with the mesh for from when first taking it out? Or maybe I missed something. When I get this case I plan on doing slight modifications to add more red to it but is the mesh spray paintable?

It looks pretty easy to paint, I'll be leaving it the stock glossy black color for this mod, as it's more of an accent to the rest of the carbon fiber "armor". Getting the mesh out is just a matter of removing screws till your hands go numb, pulling the plastic off, and bending the mesh tabs to release it from the frame. 

It looks pretty easy to paint, I'll be leaving it the stock glossy black color for this mod, as it's more of an accent to the rest of the carbon fiber "armor". Getting the mesh out is just a matter of removing screws till your hands go numb, pulling the plastic off, and bending the mesh tabs to release it from the frame.

Obvious iBuyPowers design but to me it's so simple and so nice. There was to much black to begin with and the red just makes it POP but getting it out won't bother me assuming a can of spray paint would be nice.( ignore the red LEDs and ibuypower logo inside the case )

This may look nice with your mod like spray painting it that dark purple but you said you'd like to leave it black :)

post-221908-0-80354800-1438234289.jpg

Obvious iBuyPowers design but to me it's so simple and so nice. There was to much black to begin with and the red just makes it POP but getting it out won't bother me assuming a can of spray paint would be nice.( ignore the red LEDs and ibuypower logo inside the case )

This may look nice with your mod like spray painting it that dark purple but you said you'd like to leave it black :)

I've done the Mesh painted before, this case you have to think of how bat girl operates. On the outside she's tough, and a member of the bat family, but she's also light hearted and goofy on the inside, which you can see with the feminine accents to her costume and her usual demeanor in the comics. So we're going to have a bright cheery inside with a more serious and dark outside. The effect should be pretty cool. 

I've done the Mesh painted before, this case you have to think of how bat girl operates. On the outside she's tough, and a member of the bat family, but she's also light hearted and goofy on the inside, which you can see with the feminine accents to her costume and her usual demeanor in the comics. So we're going to have a bright cheery inside with a more serious and dark outside. The effect should be pretty cool.

That's awesome, can't wait until it's finished :D

Lots of work got done today. 

First up, everything was riveted back together. 

BdWcsRo.jpg

Then we Marked out the lines for the new enlarged window

V0Sl8Wg.jpg

Did a quick repair with some epoxy where I slipped with my cut off wheel. 

1np9Zjg.jpg

My assistant met the UPS guy and brought up the vinyl for this case. Now we're getting started for real. 

H3PMNmk.jpg

First, the window panel got covered (Bubbles have been worked out by now, it takes about an hour after application for any bubbles to go away on their own.)

kWs3fSv.jpg

Armor Plates wrapped up

xf4Jzbs.jpg

And installed again with the Mesh filters

Y4QgcaV.jpg

All plates and panels covered and installed on the case

IVfh3lA.jpg

Front shot of the effect

1PAOlD2.jpg

At this point my assistant got bored and watched some videos on how to make cupcakes... 

eF0a0OE.jpg

Next we tackled the front panel... 

0UfHd3L.jpg

Bat girl action in progress!

8BnnfYU.jpg

The decal is split on the two different plates, the effect is actually pretty cool. 

vBh5mlU.jpg

Now time to work on the back panel. The Batgirl Silhouette started in this picture. 

edHREzQ.jpg

My Assistant (wife in case you didn't guess) decided she didn't like the letters so she removed them. 

FsemCqa.jpg

Closer to being finished, but it's missing something...

mRwG2Ae.jpg

Adding bats completes the look for sure. 

jmKgQPL.jpg

Floor plate is installed now

Y5y677d.jpg

and I'll leave you with a shot of where we left off until we have some more parts come in. 

a95fih8.jpg

Thanks as always for watching guys! If you have any questions let me know!

That is some beautiful work Diluzio! I would love to do a full case mod like this one day!

The front panel carbon pattern doesn't match perfectly and the batman logo on the side is on a rectangle which kinda sticks out.

Other than that I am quite surprisingly impressed with this and like the colour scheme.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Just a small update today. 

I need to figure out how to cover the blue Alpha Cool Logo and the Blue Ram... 

yyN62GK.jpg

paint the ram and the logo with the color of the case

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

paint the ram and the logo with the color of the case

Yeah, sorry about the lack of description with this post, I was all screwed up from having to go to work at 4AM (Went to bed at 1 and was called in for an emergency server issue). I was super out of it, and after a good nights rest I've got it all planned out and actually have energy to work on the case again. I was trying to force myself to make some progress on this case yesterday and it really wasn't happening. 

Wow, this looks really cool! And in a case I like as well, even better. Are you adding a dye to the coolant? and if so, what colour? (I'm assuming either purple black or yellow)

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Wow, this looks really cool! And in a case I like as well, even better. Are you adding a dye to the coolant? and if so, what colour? (I'm assuming either purple black or yellow)

I'll be using mayhem's pastel yellow

Got a ton of work done today including all the cable management for what I have... But first things first. 

This looks easier than it was, but look! Yellow Alphacool Logos!!

2mDKzQY.jpg

To achieve this I took a picture of the logo on the radiator (the logos I found online were slightly different dimensions) photoshopped everrything but the blue away, then imported it into illustrator. After pulling it into illustrator and cleaning up the vectors I exported it to a Gigantic .png file (the only file my  vinyl cutter can use that's not it's own format) and after measuring the logos I printed up 4 sets, starting at .255 inches and increasing by .01 inch incriments. then it was just a matter of finding the best match for the original lettering. 

Here's the result 

4GzPHRu.jpg

Next I put the Memory into a sacrificial motherboard and hit it up with some plasti dip. 

uDZjlcI.jpg

While the dip was drying I installed the floor for the pump to mount to. 

TwOSRKi.jpg 

permanently attached the pump and res at the same time my phone's camera forgot how to focus.

o4DKtqd.jpg

Lots of bending... I found out that a jigsaw with a metal blade on it makes cutting PETG tubing stupidly easy...

One crazy looking bend per build is going to be my new motto.

aXfq76O.jpg

with the bend in place

dkVbuNr.jpg

I re-arranged the loop for a little cleaner run on the tubing. 

NGjHn2h.jpg

Then I started on the back... Now the point of this build was to re-use parts I had on hand.... Part of that was my Non modular PSU... Cable management time!!!

YkV5yGM.jpg

I used yellow zip ties... they work with the theme

RKX86T7.jpg

zip zip zip zip... 

J6DoOBn.jpg

hMJjBLV.jpg

SSD's mounted to the back, all the cables tied in place, LED controller tucked away at the back. 

M3VEFbv.jpg

Finally the front view. Lights installed, tubes installed... now we're just waiting on the drain system, fluid, another front fan, and cable extensions. 

oZkGGcR.jpg 

That reminds me... I have to get the window to the laser cutter...