Anyone know if Microsoft tool kit works for windows10?

I bought a  new computer, sold the computer and kept the hard drive. Then when i built my new PC i just used the same hard drive and did a fresh install of windows.....then it hit me the product key was on the case. So i just just Microsoft toolkit to remove the think that prompts you to activate. I tried to call the guy but he isnt answering. So tool kit work?

Just so you know, the product key for that computer won't work with your new computer.

same OS?

The product key is tied to the system. Not the hard drive... 

Not really sure what you're trying to do? Or your situation? 

it works for windows 8.1 then upgrade for free to 10 & it will still be activated 

I have confirmed it activated from windows 7, 8, and 8.1, no matter the previous activation method ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) |