4k monitor or the best 1440p monitor out there

danielhowk

i was thinking of getting Dell P2715Q (IPS monitor) since is probably the best 4k option out there at the moment with a decent price

but the response time is abit slow for gaming

or should i get a 4k monitor by sacrificing ips panel to a VA or a TN for faster response time ? would IPS panel be a whole lot better experience ? colour wise

should i get a top 1440p monitor (ips monitor) instead ?

is 4k really that much better than 1440p to sacrifice the good response time , 144hz refresh rate, gsync feature and so on

what are your PC Specs?

Because he had a hard drive.

if you want a 4K monitor you should put aside about the same amount of money for graphics cards

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Entirely depends on what you want and what graphics card you're using. Gaming at 4k isnt all that great for most situations, and the 1440p 144Hz with Gsync would be a faaaar superior experience in most games.

When in doubt, re-format.

i was thinking of getting Dell P2715Q (IPS monitor) since is probably the best 4k option out there at the moment with a decent price

but the response time is abit slow for gaming

or should i get a 4k monitor by sacrificing ips panel to a VA or a TN for faster response time ? would IPS panel be a whole lot better experience ? colour wise

should i get a top 1440p monitor (ips monitor) instead ?

is 4k really that much better than 1440p to sacrifice the good response time , 144hz refresh rate, gsync feature and so on

What are your current PC specs, and what is your budget?

Don't forget to follow your own topics so that you are notified when someone posts.

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

Response times don't matter. You can find 10ms response times and not know the difference between 10 and 2

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Im planning to buy a gtx 980 ti , maybe the zotac amp extreme ? not sure which yet dun plan for any liquid cooling just a good build 980 ti 

was thinking of 4k because i play low fps games like hearthstone , heroes of the storm and path of exile.

thought a gtx 980ti would be able to be at least 60 fps for those games and 4k would benefit me more than 1440p 144hz monitor ? 

any suggestions?

Honestly why do you want 4k for those games? Come to think of it why do you want a 980ti? For those kinda games any highend gpu will be just fine for you. Id say go with a regular 980 and use the extra money to buy the best 1440 monitor you can find. Unless your gonna really get into very high graphics games like elder scrolls a 980ti is BEYOND overkill!

Honestly why do you want 4k for those games? Come to think of it why do you want a 980ti? For those kinda games any highend gpu will be just fine for you. Id say go with a regular 980 and use the extra money to buy the best 1440 monitor you can find. Unless your gonna really get into very high graphics games like elder scrolls a 980ti is BEYOND overkill!

A 980 Ti is never overkill 

never

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

i would get a 1440p monitor and rock it for a bit longer (or not upgrade at all yet) here in US i have seen sales for big screen 4k tv's for a few hundred bucks and some of these have all the hookups a gpu has...a bit longer and they'll have cheaper prices and better performance.

4k gaming isnt quite here yet it is in the works but i'd say another year or so before it becomes more mainstream.

cpu:i7-4770k    gpu: msi reference r9 290x  liquid cooled with h55 and hg10 a1     motherboard:z97x gaming 5   ram:gskill sniper 8 gb