Titanfall – Nexon signs deal for exclusive Asia Free-to-Play version

Jerakl

So I like Titanfall, it's a good game.

Anyways here's some news related to it.

Sauce:

http://mmoculture.com/2015/07/titanfall-nexon-signs-deal-for-exclusive-asia-free-to-play-version/

Sauce MK Ultra 2

http://www.pcgamer.com/titanfall-is-getting-an-online-free-to-play-edition-in-asia/

tBqqlar.jpg

Interested to see how this turns out.

Announced in the Korean media today, Nexon has signed a contract with Electronic Arts (EA) and Respawn Entertainment to develop an Asian online version of Titanfall, along with the publishing rights.

Eeeeeh, wonder if it will die like Titanfall did. Hopefully a lack of content will keep it from stagnating.

The countries supposedly getting the game will be

Korea, Japan, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and Southeast Asia (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam)

Le personal opinion:

Obviously I like Titanfall, I think it was great game. I have no idea how they will monetize it though. 

And Nexon is also like the spawn of hell if I remember correctly.

I hope it turns out decently for them. I would love to see Respawn succeed. They definitely need to continue Titanfall. I just hope in this will have a bit more player retention. Not like I'll get to play it anyways. 

But maybe they can use this as a way to experiment what users would like in future Titanfall games.

Edit 1: Had to fix image

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Hmmmmmmm

MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 w/Core i5 3210M and glorious HD 4000 Graphics

Titanfall was great? Is that why it died in a couple months..? Even CoD holds players longer than that..

Oh well, not a surprise they're pushing it as F2P, need to get people to remember the game existed somehow.

Titanfall was great? Is that why it died in a couple months..? Even CoD holds players longer than that..

Oh well, not a surprise they're pushing it as F2P, need to get people to remember the game existed somehow.

Was a fantastic game. Didn't have the skill gap gimmicks CoD uses.

Where it died is lack of content. It got boring quickly because of that. Other than that I thought it was great.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Was a fantastic game. Didn't have the skill gap gimmicks CoD uses.

Where it died is lack of content. It got boring quickly because of that. Other than that I thought it was great.

I fully agree with you.

It's was great. Fun. And unique.

Also...

Am i the only one who gets pissed off with these tags in the title?

Why not just properly tag it?

Nothing against you but everyone has been doing it...

I fully agree with you.

It's was great. Fun. And unique.

Also...

Am i the only one who gets pissed off with these tags in the title?

Why not just properly tag it?

Nothing against you but everyone has been doing it...

I know. I just did it because I thought it was required for smaller news bits.

I've never read the rules other than "source and personal opinion required'.

I hate them too.

I wont even play that if its free... looks boring.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

I could never get a campaign mode up and going. And I wanted to experience everything. I could only ever get like 2 kinds of online matches, and while it WAS fun, I have a plethora of gaming options, most of which do not keep me from enjoying whichever part of their offerings I wish to try.

I like Titanfall, I've always wanted it and bought it a week ago, I do enjoy it even if there aren't a lot of players in it :)

Even if I stopped playing Titanfall I consider it the best online shooter since Natural Selection 2. The near-infinite scaling to player skill was its biggest asset, but it didn't have the content to last beyond 80 hours for me. But 80 hours is a whole heck of a lot for $32 (what I paid for it off that Russian website)

PS: Nexon is indeed one of the many spawns of satan, and maybe the worst in the MMO space.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Nexon can go die in a fucking fire, they are the worst free2play based company by bloody far

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Nexon can go die in a fucking fire, they are the worst free2play based company by bloody far

Almost, I'd still consider Mail.ru worse (they bought up Astrum Nival Entertainment and Allods Online and immediately completely butchered it)

Also close is Reakktor, (as a developer) due to their sheer incompetence (especially with Black Prophecy) - you'll never know rubberbanding until you try a Reakktor game with Reakktor servers.

Perfect World have had their stints of servitude to the devil before. Star Trek Online and Neverwinter are both heavily pay2win now, and their own games are even worse.

Also Acclaim. (2moons/ Dekaron catastrophe)

Pretty much the only F2P publishers that have clean consciences in this day and age are Grinding Gear Games (Path of Exile, what I consider the perfect free to play game) and (surprisingly) Funcom. (I'd include Gaijin if it was a year ago)

Edit: Not trying to downplay Nexon's assholery, just pointing out how infested this particular market is.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Nexon? No thanks, they destroyed tons of games by adding their f2p policy

FUCK YES

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

Didn't Nexon do some F2P cs game. 

What does it mean by Asian exclusive? By language or by detecting IP? Because many games in China require your personal identification number ( kinda like a social security number ) to verify your age and area you live in.

This is a signature.

What's with all the Nexon hate?

I played Maplestory as a kid for 8  years and it was basically my childhood.

Is there something I'm missing here?

What's with all the Nexon hate?

I played Maplestory as a kid for 8  years and it was basically my childhood.

Is there something I'm missing here?

Yes, hackers ruin the game and banned legitimate players with an unacceptable excuses. Their game are no longer fun anymore since their patches fuck everythings up, and if you look at Maplestory right now it completely dead. Nexon should bankrupt rather make other company fall into their trap. 

Yes, hackers ruin the game and banned legitimate players with an unacceptable excuses. Their game are no longer fun anymore since their patches fuck everythings up, and if you look at Maplestory right now it completely dead. Nexon should bankrupt rather make other company fall into their trap. 

Hackers ruin every game, there's a reason Maplestory has had so many patches and HackShield has evolved so much in the past few years.

I've not played the GMS version in a year or so since I moved to the UK, but from what I've seen, they keep more content coming out and it seems to be interesting.

I just wish it still had the player base of 6 years ago, then it might be feasible to actually find groups for PQ's and other events.

I'm pretty nostalgic of the days when patch notes were in .txt files and there were only 4 classes...

Hackers ruin every game, there's a reason Maplestory has had so many patches and HackShield has evolved so much in the past few years.

I've not played the GMS version in a year or so since I moved to the UK, but from what I've seen, they keep more content coming out and it seems to be interesting.

I just wish it still had the player base of 6 years ago, then it might be feasible to actually find groups for PQ's and other events.

I'm pretty nostalgic of the days when patch notes were in .txt files and there were only 4 classes...

Hackers ruin every games is nothing special, but ban legitimate players that spend dozen of times and money onto game with an unacceptable excuses is ridiculous. Plus, they are giving you second chance if you got ban because they know the fact who would come back to the game if they already been banned. Matter of fact, Maplestory is more toward pay to win than free to play.

Hackers ruin every games is nothing special, but ban legitimate players that spend dozen of times and money onto game with an unacceptable excuses is ridiculous. Plus, they are giving you second chance if you got ban because they know the fact who would come back to the game if they already been banned. Matter of fact, Maplestory is more toward pay to win than free to play.

Maplestory is not pay to win at all, everything you buy with real money or NX Cash is completely cosmetic.

Does anyone even play Titanfall at the moment. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard