Next course of action?

1Scotty1

Hey, friends

I have a question for you - currently my system looks like this:

pC4hcYo.jpg

But yesterday, my buddy @Tim Drake came up with the idea of moving the Kraken X61 on the GPU and to get an air cooler for the CPU. So, here is the question:

- Should I get an air cooler for the CPU and move the Kraken X61 on the GPU with the G10 bracket

- Should I leave the Kraken X61 on the CPU and get the G10+random AiO for the GPU

Both options would cost roughly the same (100-110€) depending of the air cooler of course, but I want your opinion on it (poll included) + if you picked option 1, then which air cooler?

I would say get another aio cooler. Air coolers tend to be massive, and would cover up motherboards white areas, ram, etc and result in basically a black looking build.

I would say get another aio cooler. Air coolers tend to be massive, and would cover up motherboards white areas, ram, etc and result in basically a black looking build.

That is true, I was considering the Cryorig R1 Universal, but that would cover up almost the entire top of the motherboard :( So G10+AiO... shame I cant find any "used" here

That is true, I was considering the Cryorig R1 Universal, but that would cover up almost the entire top of the motherboard :( So G10+AiO... shame I cant find any "used" here

Also you can get a white G10 with a black NZXT logo.... :)

Also you can get a white G10 with a black NZXT logo.... :)

That is the plan :P

That is the plan :P

BTW, in a few months once I have saved enough money, I am doing a white/black MATX build in the White Prodigy M. Black mobo, white ram, white and black GPU, etc. Decided to call it Orca, and will be replacing the Bitfenix logo at the front of the case with an orca, as well as designing a background for my monitor, relating to Orcas. Btw the orca on the case will be Laser Cut, love ta school. xD

BTW, in a few months once I have saved enough money, I am doing a white/black MATX build in the White Prodigy M. Black mobo, white ram, white and black GPU, etc. Decided to call it Orca, and will be replacing the Bitfenix logo at the front of the case with an orca, as well as designing a background for my monitor, relating to Orcas. Btw the orca on the case will be Laser Cut, love ta school. xD

Nice pick on color scheme :P looking forward to the build :)

Nice pick on color scheme :P looking forward to the build :)

Me too :P Currently running on an i3 4150 (3.5Ghz) with HD4400 graphics... Cannot even play CS:GO unless I turn everything to low at 720p... The new build will have an I5 4590 (cheaper then the 4460 where I am) and an R9 380, the cute sapphire ITX one.

Me too :P Currently running on an i3 4150 (3.5Ghz) with HD4400 graphics... Cannot even play CS:GO unless I turn everything to low at 720p... The new build will have an I5 4590 (cheaper then the 4460 where I am) and an R9 380, the cute sapphire ITX one.

F*CK! I checked the NZXT website for the G10 compatibility and it isn't compatible with the EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked... dafuq? :( *sadface*

F*CK! I checked the NZXT website for the G10 compatibility and it isn't compatible with the EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked... dafuq? :( *sadface*

It's a reference PCB and cooler, right? That should work??

It's a reference PCB and cooler, right? That should work??

Yeah, reference, so it should, but it is not listed nor it is in the compatibility chart, that is why I don't understand it :( messaging directly NZXT

Yeah, reference, so it should, but it is not listed nor it is in the compatibility chart, that is why I don't understand it :( messaging directly NZXT

Do that to be on the safe side, but I almost guarantee that if it is reference, it will work.

Do that to be on the safe side, but I almost guarantee that if it is reference, it will work.

But this got me thinking - G10+AiO would cost roughly 100€ and if I would get my hands on the Hybrid kit from EVGA, that costs 120-130€... so I might as well get that, no? :D decisions, decisions...

But seeing the availability on the Hybrid kit sucks, I might as well get the G10

That green is bugging the shit out of me...

That green is bugging the shit out of me...

I hear ya, brother... I have prepared a nice piece of 400 grit sandpaper and it will be "fixed" soon ;)

@1Scotty1 There's a mod to replace it white if it lights up but I forget where that link was, if you have a non light up one just paint over the lstters

@1Scotty1 There's a mod to replace it white if it lights up but I forget where that link was, if you have a non light up one just paint over the lstters

I believe all logos light up? At least I think, but mine does, so I will just sand off the green paint :)

I believe all logos light up? At least I think, but mine does, so I will just sand off the green paint :)

I'll try to find the overclock. Net link, they have various ways to mod it on that post

I'll try to find the overclock. Net link, they have various ways to mod it on that post

Wow, that may come in handy :) Thanks