Closet PC Idea

megadarkwood

My computer gets TOASTY and it makes the whole room hot (Like 30C compared to 22C in the rest of the house). I'm thinking of putting the PC in either another room (Not really possible) or in the closet that is right next to my desk. Putting it in the closet would be easy, I would need maybe 6ft cables which isn't hard to find. But is it a good idea? what are Alternatives to reducing heat output?

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

My computer gets TOASTY and it makes the whole room hot (Like 30C compared to 22C in the rest of the house). I'm thinking of putting the PC in either another room (Not really possible) or in the closet that is right next to my desk. Putting it in the closet would be easy, I would need maybe 6ft cables which isn't hard to find. But is it a good idea? what are Alternatives to reducing heat output?

Turn down the A/C. Maybe do the whole room water cooling like Linus did. The way I see it, the closet would heat up and the PC would suffer.

you want to decrease heat output by putting ur pc in a closet?

U dumb

Lower end components will produce less heat. Also removing over clocks will help with that. Another option is to water cool it but use a huge res outside your PC that way it will take a while for it to warm up.

Lower end components will produce less heat. Also removing over clocks will help with that. Another option is to water cool it but use a huge res outside your PC that way it will take a while for it to warm up.

so FX series will produce less heat?

Have you watched the conclusion to the whole room liquid cooling video? Lol your computer probably has a very small effect on the temps in your room, and putting it in your closet brings in a whole bunch of cooling issues. Why not just open a window or buy a box fan or two?

you want to decrease heat output by putting ur pc in a closet?

U dumb

I guess I worded it wrong, I want to reduce heat output to the room. I know itll make the closet heat up but its a walk-in with an AC vent.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I guess I worded it wrong, I want to reduce heat output to the room. I know itll make the closet heat up but its a walk-in with an AC vent.

why?

You would need to add proper ventilation to the closet with a return and intake line to take away the heat and cold fresh air to the PC.

Turn down the A/C. Maybe do the whole room water cooling like Linus did. The way I see it, the closet would heat up and the PC would suffer.

The whole room watercooling was a flop though lol, they didn't get any actual benefits from it.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I was thinking Intel Atom.. use common sense ffs

The whole room watercooling was a flop though lol, they didn't get any actual benefits from it.

That was because of the copper piping, taking and placing your PC next to the window then doing it would help.

I am using common sence. You're advice is wrong. not all lower end products produce less heat 

You are not worth the time of day.

Higher process node=lower temps

There's a reason why FX CPUs have a lower max safe temp than Intel CPUs. 

Higher process node=lower temps

There's a reason why FX CPUs have a lower max safe temp than Intel CPUs. 

das not the point. the point is what the other guy said was that ALL lower end componants have low temps

Put it in the fridge #ThanksLinus

"Just go Android (Glorious Android Masterrace)"

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 64GB

PC "SkyT": Radeon 390, i5 6600K, NZXT H440 Razer 

das not the point. the point is what the other guy said was that ALL lower end componants have low temps

Then why did you mention FX CPUs in the first place?

You were wrong about that fact.

A low end low TDP CPU will probably have low temps. But that doesn't mean a lower end CPU will have low temps, 3.8GHZ P4 ran hot AF.