High ping/Lag Spikes/Rubberbanding on my Asus G751JY

I just brought my G751JY 2 days ago and started playing online games like lol and csgo. 

However, my ping is normally 30, but within a minute, it will go up to 150 very fast and then go down.

I have updated the most recent driver and deleted GameFirst III. I also used regedit and added the "ScanWhenAssociated" thing.

I think its a problem with my router settings. I use Actiontec V1000Hhttp://gyazo.com/1dd8e080e3da8a5b1e6830ec6673b6a5

These are my WLAN settings: http://gyazo.com/ba122bb397d7d5b489e742f4a48782db 

Also, should I put "Auto" for both 2.4GHz and 5.2GHz?

I really need help to solve this... Can't believe I have to be so frustrated after spending over 2500$....

I brought a MSI gt72 a week ago, had the same lag problem. Then, I returned it and brought this, but same problem with the lag spikes again...

My old laptop (Lenovo Y580) is playing csgo fine on wireless without any rubberbanding. 

Both MSI gt72 and Asus G751 have this rubberbanding problem.

This problem only exists on wireless. Ethernet works fine.

Thanks!

I just brought my G751JY 2 days ago and started playing online games like lol and csgo. 

However, my ping is normally 30, but within a minute, it will go up to 150 very fast and then go down.

I have updated the most recent driver and deleted GameFirst III. I also used regedit and added the "ScanWhenAssociated" thing.

I think its a problem with my router settings. I use Actiontec V1000Hhttp://gyazo.com/1dd8e080e3da8a5b1e6830ec6673b6a5

These are my WLAN settings: http://gyazo.com/ba122bb397d7d5b489e742f4a48782db 

Also, should I put "Auto" for both 2.4GHz and 5.2GHz?

I really need help to solve this... Can't believe I have to be so frustrated after spending over 2500$....

I brought a MSI gt72 a week ago, had the same lag problem. Then, I returned it and brought this, but same problem with the lag spikes again...

My old laptop (Lenovo Y580) is playing csgo fine on wireless without any rubberbanding. 

Both MSI gt72 and Asus G751 have this rubberbanding problem.

This problem only exists on wireless. Ethernet works fine.

Thanks!

the y580 doesn't have dual band so part of your issue might be a weak 5GHz signal. try playing right next to your wireless router and let us know what happens...

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Maybe I missed it but I dont think you have tried various channels. You could scan to see what channels near you are crowded and avoid those. 

Maybe I missed it but I dont think you have tried various channels. You could scan to see what channels near you are crowded and avoid those. 

Indeed, but I find it more likely his 5 GHz channel is having issues because that is a known issue.

Especially if the lag spikes are the computer swapping bands.

@Jamesgz follow your topics

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I have tried various channels. No big difference. I can only detect 1 internet on my computer... Maybe at most 3 somtimes

the y580 doesn't have dual band so part of your issue might be a weak 5GHz signal. try playing right next to your wireless router and let us know what happens...

I tried that, the internet was a lot better. Dont know if its just an coincidence... The second time I try that, it had some rubberbanding as well. I dont even know if my router supports 5GHz signal. But just in case, how would you fix an weak 5GHz signal?

I tried that, the internet was a lot better. Dont know if its just an coincidence... The second time I try that, it had some rubberbanding as well. I dont even know if my router supports 5GHz signal. But just in case, how would you fix an weak 5GHz signal?

I doubt it is. Just turn off the 5 GHz signal on that particular connection (check only 2.4 GHz in network preferences) or buy a better router.

It could be another issue compounded with that, but that is likely a major concern.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

I doubt it is. Just turn off the 5 GHz signal on that particular connection (check only 2.4 GHz in network preferences) or buy a better router.

It could be another issue compounded with that, but that is likely a major concern.

How do I turn the 5GHz signal off? There are two options on my card's 5.2 GHz settings. 20MHz only or auto. http://gyazo.com/1c8be40dfcc389307ea7b63c1993c3ef

How do I turn the 5GHz signal off? There are two options on my card's 5.2 GHz settings. 20MHz only or auto. http://gyazo.com/1c8be40dfcc389307ea7b63c1993c3ef

There should be an advanced setting for what band it chooses (not the width of the band. set that to auto). Like only connect to 2.4 ghz band.

Your mileage may vary but this is how it works for me.

Open network and sharing center:

Click on your connection:

Click Properties: (should have admin by it)

Click Configure:

Select Advanced (second tab):

Click on channel mode:

Value set to 2.4 Ghz

And try again.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

There should be an advanced setting for what band it chooses (not the width of the band. set that to auto). Like only connect to 2.4 ghz band.

Your mileage may vary but this is how it works for me.

Open network and sharing center:

Click on your connection:

Click Properties: (should have admin by it)

Click Configure:

Select Advanced (second tab):

Click on channel mode:

Value set to 2.4 Ghz

And try again.

Those are all the settings that I have...

http://gyazo.com/a1c6da4a1076112d2408e6cb9666614b

http://gyazo.com/d99c9927ec6fa6e5646bfe46e8f629cb

follow those steps. 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

follow those steps. 

I dont have the "channel mode" settings

EDIT: oh, nvm, found it, called "prefered band"

btw, do you have any good ways of testing my ping? csgo servers seems just too unstable. Some good, some bad.