Pros and Cons of the air 540 (I highly recommend this case)

Rusty_Shackleford

First off the case is way bigger than it looks in videos and pictures so keep that in mind if you're planning on getting it. 

Pros:

LOTS of cable management room

Amazing airflow, IMO the best case for air cooling you can get. EDIT: Keep in mind I have 2 140mm fans on the top. 

Looks really fuckin cool. (this is subjective though)

Lots of rubber grommets 

Several rad options if you want to go that rout 

Can have 3 120mm fans or 2 140mm fans on top and front

The AF140 fans that come with it are good, but if you don't care about how the inside of your case looks I recommend switching them out for some noctuas.

Dust filter for front fans.

Side panel has a nice sized window

4 SSD bays

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cons: 

You have to fight to get USB 2 cables to fit into the USB 3 ports on front but I'm not sure if this is it is with ALL USB 3 ports or just the ones on my case

Only comes with one dust filter, you can order another one from Corsair though.

Doesn't come with fans on the top

Holes under HDD bays, not sure why they're there, might be for cooling. But it allows dust and possibly bugs to get into your case.

No place for fans on the bottom. They could of put the drive bays in the back. 

Both SSD and HDD bays feel cheap.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, if I think of more I'll add them in!

Overall I give it a 8/10

CPU: I7 4790k  CPU Cooler: NH-D15 GPUMSI 970 4gb   Motherboard: z97 Gaming 5 PSU: Corsair hx850   Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 gb  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo  Case: Air 540

For your first con - fine on mine. The thing with the dust filter, you can buy another one from corsair or just make on yourself and it will fit on the top with the magnets

For your first con - fine on mine. The thing with the dust filter, you can buy another one from corsair or just make on yourself and it will fit on the top with the magnets

Ah thank for the info!

CPU: I7 4790k  CPU Cooler: NH-D15 GPUMSI 970 4gb   Motherboard: z97 Gaming 5 PSU: Corsair hx850   Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 gb  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo  Case: Air 540

First off the case is way bigger than it looks in videos and pictures so keep that in mind if you're planning on getting it. 

Pros:

LOTS of cable management room

Amazing airflow, IMO the best case for air cooling you can get.

Looks really fuckin cool. (this is subjective though)

Lots of rubber grommets 

Several rad options if you want to go that rout 

Can have 3 120mm fans or 2 140mm fans on top and front

The AF140 fans that come with it are good, but if you don't care about how the inside of your case looks I recommend switching them out for some noctuas.

Dust filter for front fans.

Side panel has a nice sized window

4 SSD bays

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cons: 

You have to fight to get USB 2 cables to fit into the USB 3 ports on front but I'm not sure if this is it is with ALL USB 3 ports or just the ones on my case

Only comes with one dust filter, you can order another one from Corsair though.

Doesn't come with fans on the top

Holes under HDD bays, not sure why they're there, might be for cooling. But it allows dust and possibly bugs to get into your case.

No place for fans on the bottom. They could of put the drive bays in the back. 

Both SSD and HDD bays feel cheap.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, if I think of more I'll add them in!

Overall I give it a 8/10

I bolded the points I highly agree with.

My SSD tray thing broke while trying to take it out the first time, one of the pieces snapped off when not even applying a huge amount of pressure.

The holes in the bottom of the case fucking annoy me, at least allow for fan placement instead of just letting dust get in god dammit.

I bolded the points I highly agree with.

My SSD tray thing broke while trying to take it out the first time, one of the pieces snapped off when not even applying a huge amount of pressure.

The holes in the bottom of the case fucking annoy me, at least allow for fan placement instead of just letting dust get in god dammit.

If there were fans slots on the bottom and maybe one more on the back (not really possible though) The airflow would be dlkhjdflkgjdflgjk insane. I mean it's already good but holy shit would that make it even better.

looks like a case i might get in the future, nice revew :D

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

looks like a case i might get in the future, nice revew :D

Thank ya!

Do you think its really worth the $130 pricetag? It looks nice but there are a lot of good value-cases.

'Make sure to wear a wool sweater and to stand on a carpet while working on PC's' -Linus 2015

Good review! I have managed to use the holes at the bottom of my case for fans, but I don't really know how much more effective it is. I do have plenty of airflow though.

gallery_89692_2367_7068.jpg

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B