AT&T says it didn’t do anything wrong when it throttled your ‘unlimited’ data

Arty

http://bgr.com/2015/07/28/att-vs-fcc-unlimited-data-throttling/

http://arstechnica.com/business/2015/07/att-doesnt-want-to-pay-100m-fine-says-throttling-didnt-harm-customers/

AT&T doesn’t want to pay $100M fine, says throttling didn’t harm customers

Fuck Them where the sun don't shine -_-.

Honestly, fuck all ISPs and data providers

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

no one wants to pay 100M fine. I guess the big question is if they where clear or not. if they state you have unlimited, and you can get it for cheaper if you accept throttling after a certain speed, thats more then fine. but if not. sketchy.

the problem with mobile is they can not promise min speeds, as it depends on signal strength. so theres nothing to hold them accountable. 

At least you guys get unlimited data in the first place, even if it is throttled sometimes. Here it's like $100 a month for a plan with 3GB cap.

"Rawr XD"

no one wants to pay 100M fine. I guess the big question is if they where clear or not. if they state you have unlimited, and you can get it for cheaper if you accept throttling after a certain speed, thats more then fine. but if not. sketchy.

the problem with mobile is they can not promise min speeds, as it depends on signal strength. so theres nothing to hold them accountable. 

Min speed versus limiting speed is different

At least you guys get unlimited data in the first place, even if it is throttled sometimes. Here it's like $100 a month for a plan with 3GB cap.

unlimited from att is like 130$+

I know many people here who would gladly pay for that because $130 here only gets you 5-6GB

"Rawr XD"

I know many people here who would gladly pay for that because $130 here only gets you 5-6GB

honestly, do you really "need" that.

Honestly, fuck all ISPs and data providers

Certainly not. Sky UK are fucking epic. 100% unlimited always and forever and they're pushing me 40 meg fibre for £20 a month.

No joke I once downloaded 200GB in a month (actually around 3 weeks), not so much as an email, letter, phone call and no throttling, nothing from them at all.

Just cause you yanks have it bad doesn't mean everyone has it the same.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Please Google Fiber, take over the world.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Do people in America "need" that? If they didn't, there wouldn't be so many people complaining about getting throttled.

"Rawr XD"

Well of course they have to defend themselves in some way... they can't just say "yeah, we are greedy bastards and we knew it was a scam" during the trial...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Min speed versus limiting speed is different

I know, but just saying its hard to hold companies to it because of that.

....my unlimited is 30$ a month. yay ancient sprint plan

Certainly not. Sky UK are fucking epic. 100% unlimited always and forever and they're pushing me 40 meg fibre for £20 a month.

No joke I once downloaded 200GB in a month (actually around 3 weeks), not so much as an email, letter, phone call and no throttling, nothing from them at all.

Come live in the US for a bit and youd feel the same as the rest of us.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Geez I pay 20€ for 30GB, internet only.

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

Do people in America "need" that? If they didn't, there wouldn't be so many people complaining about getting throttled.

I know, but just saying its hard to hold companies to it because of that.

....my unlimited is 30$ a month. yay ancient sprint plan

iguess.....

i wonder if project fi will ever have a unlimited option.......

My unlimited is 85/month. It's not even unlimited. It's just enough money to bribe telus to stop charging you for something that shouldn't exit in the first place.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I watch almost all my media on my phone, 62 gb this month of wifi, used the 2gb i got watching about a hour of youtube while bored at work.

200 dollars a month gets 3 devices with 6gb shared data on verizon.

It's not as bad as it used to be, actually, but it's still a lot.

We don't "need" anything other than food and shelter.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I watch almost all my media on my phone, 62 gb this month of wifi, used the 2gb i got watching about a hour of youtube while bored at work.

WTF,62 Gigabytes

200 dollars a month gets 3 devices with 6gb shared data on verizon.

It's not as bad as it used to be, actually, but it's still a lot.

We don't "need" anything other than food and shelter.

$100 Gets Me 4 Devices With 10 Gb Of Data :)

Please put more content in the OP.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

WTF,62 Gigabytes

yup, just checked. I probably watch 40 hours or more a month easily. I watch math lectures, each is close to a hour and a half, i can sit and watch 2 before i get complacent.

Your calling Sky epic

Ikr sky a pretty epic when it comes to ISP's :P

Vna7s2T.png

4539058405.png

Not taking into account other downloads, then it's probably around 1TB xD

Picked sheffield because it gave the best result :)

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD