Two questions about two graphics cards.

Ophidio

Currently I am running an AMD FX 8350 with a GTX 760 in my pc. I'm looking to upgrade my card to a GTX 980ti here in the next few months. Will I get all of the performance I can out of the card still having an 8350 in the system? I am looking to upgrade my CPU soon after but I'm also trying to wait until Skylake comes out. I just don't know when unlocked Skylake CPU's will be coming out so for the time being will i be able to get everything I can out of a 980ti in my system. All system specs are in my signature if you need to know more. 

Also, my 760, I have a friend that has a prebuilt Dell (cringes saying the name Dell) with an i7 4790 and hes looking to get a card just for his prebuilt until he can save up enough money to be able to build his own custom sometime next year. Would $75 be a fair price for a 760? This price would also include the shipping from Tennessee to Texas. We both know its way underpowered for his system. He just wants to get some kind of card in his system so he can stop playing every game on low settings and so he's not getting frame raped when trying to play GTA 5 on just a stock 4790 with integrated graphics. Honestly i was surprised integrated graphics could even run GTA 5. But really, is that a fair price for the card and shipping of the card?

Answers to both questions would be appreciated. Thank you very much for your help. :)

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

75$ for a 760 is a joke, its still a very capable card

yes the 8350 shouldnt be paired with anything above the gtx770 range

How much would you suggest selling the card for to a close friend that you're just trying to help out?

And will it do for a few months until I can get an i7? I may just try and get a 4790k when the times comes. I really don't want to wait to long on getting a new CPU.

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

-snipidy-

I think a 970/390 is bearable but amd are really looking to optimise zen for their Fury range, which trades blows with the 980ti's so honestly I'd buy it if your looking to upgrade soon

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/VLRose I like anime, I'm missing at least 50 off this list.

R9 390, i5 6400, 8GB Ram

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) And no hard drives  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

•  

Don't worry about your cpu until the next new cpu architects come out for both AMD and Nvidia all tripple A games lean mostly to the gpu.  I myself have a 8350 paired to a 970 with no issues. I am also looking into the same gpu specifically the 980ti Hybrid from EVGA if you need proof of your cpus capabilities look at this 

http://www.tweaktown.com/tweakipedia/56/amd-fx-8350-powering-gtx-780-sli-vs-gtx-980-sli-at-4k/index.html

Its two 980 with a 8350.

really a 770 i mean come on just stop talking out your ass.

Yeah it would be a big bottleneck. I'd go no higher then a r9 280x for the fx8 chips

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

I think a 970/390 is bearable but amd are really looking to optimise zen for their Fury range, which trades blows with the 980ti's so honestly I'd buy it if your looking to upgrade soon

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/401217-more-updated-fx-vs-intel-for-gaming/ Read this. I won't go no further but your little fx chip is horrible for gaming. It can barely pull ahead of an i3

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

-snippidy snip snop snap-

I understand but OP may be streaming or something else also a 5 fps gain from 9590 to i5 4670k with a £20 difference shows that intel aren't that ahead.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/VLRose I like anime, I'm missing at least 50 off this list.

R9 390, i5 6400, 8GB Ram

•  

I understand but OP may be streaming or something else also a 5 fps gain from 9590 to i5 4670k with a £20 difference shows that intel aren't that ahead.

A 9590 is an overclocked 8350 lol. 5fps? Yeah no.. Did you ever read the article? Even IF he is streaming a Xeon 1241v3 would be a much better choice if he didn't plan on overclocking or a 4790k ( little more expensive ) but is overclock able. Intel,is miles ahead of AMD. No denying it, it's been proven time after time. Face it the CPU was released 4 years ago and the architecture behind them was devolped before that.

-some bs-

KrEjr4x.png?1ohsorry it's only a 4fps difference, and the architecture is 4 years old lol zen should be good.

R9 390, i5 6400, 8GB Ram

•  

@AyBuild You obviously know nothing, the 9590 isn't a stock chip. It's simply an overclocked FX-8350. A Xeon 1241v3 will perform better every task. You gotta throw in the factor of heat out out and power draw also. The fx9590 is like a mini room heater. They are not good for gsming and it WILL bottleneck a fx8350. You are comparing a overclocked chip,to a stock one.

@Ophidio what resolution will you be playing at?

self rightous speak

So as soon as I prove you wrong about the benchmarks you say I know nothing! You can't read your own god damned source! I know its not a stock chip but I was proving a point. Not all users can overclock so that massive stock (not really) clock is a bonus for non enthusaists.

R9 390, i5 6400, 8GB Ram

•  

@AyBuild You obviously know nothing, the 9590 isn't a stock chip. It's simply an overclocked FX-8350. A Xeon 1241v3 will perform better every task. You gotta throw in the factor of heat out out and power draw also. The fx9590 is like a mini room heater. They are not good for gsming and it WILL bottleneck a fx8350. You are comparing a overclocked chip,to a stock one.

@Ophidio what resolution will you be playing at?

I will be playing at 1080p. 

I will be playing at 1080p.

Alright yeah, you will see a pretty big bottleneck. If you were playing at 1440p or even 4kmitmwould be as big of deal because th GPU would hit 100% usage before the CPU did.

@AyBuild once again read the whole thing because you just got the first benchmark. In a lot of them even a little dual core i3 pulls ahead of a 9590.

Alright yeah, you will see a pretty big bottleneck. If you were playing at 1440p or even 4kmitmwould be as big of deal because th GPU would hit 100% usage before the CPU did.

Yeah, I'm just trying to make it a temporary thing so I can help out my friend. I feel like the GPU upgrade is a little more important than a CPU upgrade that's why I'm trying to get it done first. 

Yeah, I'm just trying to make it a temporary thing so I can help out my friend. I feel like the GPU upgrade is a little more important than a CPU upgrade that's why I'm trying to get it done first.

Yeah id upgrade as soon as you get the money. A good solution would be a i5-4690k or if you don't wanna overclock and have a bit more money to spare a nice Xeon 1231 or 1241v3 would be good. If you don't mind you should make a testimonial to tell us your experience of switching from an AMD fx processor with a high end GPU to an Intel chip :)

wow you are salty

i have a gtx770 paired with a fx8350 and i get very noticeable bottlenecks in various games which is really depressing when they dont even use all cores

the fx8350 is for video rendering and LIGHT gaming. its just not suited for anything above that

I would say get the 980ti. Overclock the fx-8350 to 4.5GHz.

I wouldn't recommend it for a new build but now that you have it I think you should try sticking with it as almost all games seem to work smoothly. And it's only getting better for the FX chips with the emergence of Dx12 and Vulkan. They will perform well on those next Gen games as we already saw them perform well with mantle games.

Again for a new build i would recommend an i5. Just thinking about the perspective of somebody who already has it. You can always do the CPU upgrade later if needed.

*Looks at fx 6300 with a 980 that I'm borrowing for a week*...

Welp

The highest I would recommend you to go with that chip is a 970, it will have some bottleneck but it will decrease slightly if you overclock some, also at 1080p anything 980/ti is just a waste 970, 280x, 390, 290 will be the best for you

KrEjr4x.png?1ohsorry it's only a 4fps difference, and the architecture is 4 years old lol zen should be good.

You should be comparing stock to stock not stock to overclock so you should be looking at the 8350 vs the 4690k which is a 10 fps difference and if you look at the chat, the fps jumps down at the 8350 so it definitely bottlenecks.

Sorry didn't realize forums are only for you to reply to.

/s

I didn't want to have to deal with a reply

R9 390, i5 6400, 8GB Ram

•