What should I add/change to my desk?

byalexandr

Hey all, kind of a first world problem, but I just figured out that my desk will look really weird. I custom made the desk/table and I made it to be really wide so I could fit triple monitors and a gigantic tower. Fast forward to this week, and I have gone from that to a tiny little SG05, a single 24" VG248QE, a tenkeyless keyboard, and some crappy headset instead of a whole home theater system. So now I have tons of room on my desk and it feels weird. My case takes up no room at all and I want to make it more of a centerpiece. What do you suggest I do? Add a pedestal or something? Suggestions are a thing. Thanks!

You should post pics so we can see what you are at

Because he had a hard drive.

You should post pics so we can see what you are at

Well I don't have the case and stuff yet, they get here tomorrow. I can show you a picture of the desk, it just has all of the parts I already have instead of a tiny little case. Gimme a sec.

Stack turnips in either side. Or you could bring your other gadgets around.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Here ya go, the case is a lot smaller than all of those spread out parts, so you can see what I mean when it looks weird.

post-2597-0-10001300-1438112712_thumb.jp

go to Ikea and get a new Desk

Because he had a hard drive.

Stack turnips in either side. Or you could bring your other gadgets around.

Kinda smelly. Maybe one of those cool little cactus plants that go on your desk? I can even make a little plant pot out of some floppy disks.

post-2597-0-27594300-1438112901.jpg

post-2597-0-27594300-1438112901.jpg

School books, they make life easier when you want to run back on something.

My district uses the online ones, and I'm not in school right now so I don't exactly have any to use.

go to Ikea and get a new Desk

Really considering doing that. I made this one from some spare metal tubing and ply wood that I had.

My district uses the online ones, and I'm not in school right now so I don't exactly have any to use.

Paper printed books will always be the better choice to online ones due to how convinient they are. I get sidetracked every time I try to study off my online copy of my books, whereas I can study all day long on my printed ones.

Also page shuffling is way easier than digital copies.

Paper printed books will always be the better choice to online ones due to how convinient they are. I get sidetracked every time I try to study off my online copy of my books, whereas I can study all day long on my printed ones.

Also page shuffling is way easier than digital copies.

Still don't have any on hand. Really liking my cacti plants idea though, I do have hundreds of floppy disks from my work lying in a box.

Still don't have any on hand. Really liking my cacti plants idea though, I do have hundreds of floppy disks from my work lying in a box.

The floppy pot is a briliant idea, just get good insulating glue for them.

The floppy pot is a briliant idea, just get good insulating glue for them.

Lol I have to go to Home Depot to get some, I will totally do that. Eventually I will just get an actual desk from Ikea, or make a nice one out of recycled wood.

I'd love to have a clean desk like that, mine is full as fuck :D

Kinda smelly. Maybe one of those cool little cactus plants that go on your desk? I can even make a little plant pot out of some floppy disks.

attachicon.gifFloppy-Main.jpg

That would be fancy

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

whats your new build going to be?

Intel Core i3 4170

AsRock B85M-ITX

16GB AData DDR3-1600

Samsung 840 Pro 512GB

MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB

Silverstone Sugo SG05BB-LITE (modded to fit PSU)

EVGA 400W ATX PSU

I plan on throwing in a Seidon 120V, then eventually upgrading the CPU to a Xeon 1241 v3 and the card to a GTX 970/980. Pretty damn small, I take my PC with me a lot.

I sold my FX 6300 rig yesterday to pay for the new CPU, board, and case. Totally worth it IMO.

Intel Core i3 4170

AsRock B85M-ITX

16GB AData DDR3-1600

Samsung 840 Pro 512GB

MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB

Silverstone Sugo SG05BB-LITE (modded to fit PSU)

EVGA 400W ATX PSU

I plan on throwing in a Seidon 120V, then eventually upgrading the CPU to a Xeon 1241 v3 and the card to a GTX 970/980. Pretty damn small, I take my PC with me a lot.

I sold my FX 6300 rig yesterday to pay for the new CPU, board, and case. Totally worth it IMO.

sounds awesome

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

I'd love to have a clean desk like that, mine is full as fuck :D

Lol I personally prefer something a little more cozy. Seems out of place with it being so empty.

sounds awesome

Lol a few people think so. Glad I finally upgraded, the SG05 is my favorite case.

You need more monitors... like seriously... you're not impressing anyone with that tiny little thing  -_-

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.