Looking for a new monitor

sambobsambob
Go to solution Solved by o0Martin,

idk much about monitors so idk sorry but i got an amd sapphire r9 270x 4gb gpu

I assume you're just looking for a good 1080p IPS monitor then? So good colours/viewing angles? If so you can get away with spending a lot less than £300

You could get the Dell S2340L for about £130, or the Dell U2414H for a bit more at £160/170 that one has a really nice bezel, same with the Asus VX239H. 

The highest I would ever consider spending on a standard 1080p IPS display would be £180, where you can get the Asus PB238Q. I wouldn't go over that unless you're looking to get a 144Hz display or a higher resolution, but I wouldn't advise that for your GPU because you'll need a more powerful GPU to gain the advantage or either of those.

i have a £300 budget for a new gaming monitor which i will purely use for gaming any suggestions? 

i have a £300 budget for a new gaming monitor which i will purely use for gaming any suggestions? 

resolution? how much hz are you looking for?

Some more info would be great! 

Like what resolution are you looking for? Or even what GPU do you have? And also what kind of games do you play? 

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

resolution? how much hz are you looking for?

idk much about monitors sorry im just looking for a really good quality gaming monitor for £300 and i got an amd r9 270x 4gb

I assume you're just looking for a good 1080p IPS monitor then? So good colours/viewing angles? If so you can get away with spending a lot less than £300

You could get the Dell S2340L for about £130, or the Dell U2414H for a bit more at £160/170 that one has a really nice bezel, same with the Asus VX239H. 

The highest I would ever consider spending on a standard 1080p IPS display would be £180, where you can get the Asus PB238Q. I wouldn't go over that unless you're looking to get a 144Hz display or a higher resolution, but I wouldn't advise that for your GPU because you'll need a more powerful GPU to gain the advantage or either of those.

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

thank you sorry for lack of info

how many of the Dell U2414H do you think i could be able to use?

how many of the Dell U2414H do you think i could be able to use?

Sorry mate I don't really understand the question, are you asking: If you were to buy 2, would my GPU be able to use both? 

If so then it depends, if you're only gaming on one then it takes very little GPU resources to keep the other on the side for things like web browsing

Sorry mate I don't really understand the question, are you asking: If you were to buy 2, would my GPU be able to use both? 

If so then it depends, if you're only gaming on one then it takes very little GPU resources to keep the other on the side for things like web browsing

sorry, how many would my gpu cope with running games on? (the game across multiple monitors)? 

id get this if i were you

350$ LG 29um67 - 29inch, IPS, 2560x1080, 75hz, freesync