Microsoft wants $1.49 a month to remove the ads it shows inside Solitaire on Windows 10

Hah... "Free" .. it's a high quality Solitaire. So "free" means get ads .. because else how would the devs make money?

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Who needs the ending when you have this: http://mrdoob.com/lab/javascript/effects/solitaire/

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Are there any ads in the normal OS. I don't really care about this, who plays it anyway.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

oh yeah I fogot that they have games with windows. I have been using Windows 10 since the insider preview started. Never checked the games that was in it

Hah... "Free" .. it's a high quality Solitaire. So "free" means get ads .. because else how would the devs make money?

Why would we need to pay the devs for solitare... they've already made the damn thing like 10 times...

I just want the good ol games from windows 7 to come back so when I'm bored I can play solitare or minesweeper lol.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Are there any ads in the normal OS. I don't really care about this, who plays it anyway.

I read that there is some in the start menu, adverts for applications on the windows store, no idea if that's true or not. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Windows 10 is free itself. They have to make money somehow :)

Never bothered with the bundled games, still couldn't care now either.

I read that there is some in the start menu, adverts for applications on the windows store, no idea if that's true or not. 

Not True. I have Windows 10 and the closest thing to that is app recommendations on the default start page of Edge. The app recommendations are actually relevant to the apps that I have gotten from the store, not who is paying money to have their app there.

It starts innocently enough with Solitaire, soon enough it will be "pay to deactivate updates" (well actually you do have to pay extra for the professional edition already to deactivate updates) or "Pay to have access to the device manager or regedit" or "pay to deactivate sleep mode and hybernate" and so on and so forth.

Oh but oh boy DX12 let's just ignore all this shit and call this the best windows ever!

-------

Current Rig

-------

I want to play the game, but this you must sign into your live account to play so you can share your score with friends is pretty annoying. All this social interaction is getting ridiculous.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Don't think I'll be upgrading my mothers computer because of this. Solitaire is one of the main things she uses her computer for and she's too old to know how to deal with ad's. I would probably be called over more often to "fix" her computer because she will just click on ad's without know what they are and then downloading junk on her computer.

It starts innocently enough with Solitaire, soon enough it will be "pay to deactivate updates" (well actually you do have to pay extra for the professional edition already to deactivate updates) or "Pay to have access to the device manager or regedit" or "pay to deactivate sleep mode and hybernate" and so on and so forth.

Oh but oh boy DX12 let's just ignore all this shit and call this the best windows ever!

I thought I read that only the Enterprise licenses would be able to delay updates.

I hope there is a way to disable them or maybe someone could make an application to disable them.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I hope there is a way to disable them or maybe someone could make an application to disable them.

Just use Netlimiter to set the download speed of windows update to whatever you like, even zero perhaps. I would expect versions of Windows 10 home to expire if not updated by a cutoff date, so stopping updates might cause other problems besides security risks.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Just use Netlimiter to set the download speed of windows update to whatever you like, even zero perhaps.

Nice. But it would not be nice to use such weird ways.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

Solitaire better run at 144fps then, and be all 3D and HD-y.

I don't do signatures.