worth to built waterloop?

Hey guys, I was asking myself if it would be worth it to make a waterloop through my gpu. I currently have a h220x from swiftec, which has a really good pump. I will receive my 980ti strix within 2 days but i thought to myself that i could change it for a reference and make it watercooled. So the final question how much would a waterloop cost, looking at a gpu waterblock, etc. and is it worth it.

ps i have a H440 case

My budget is like 980ti strix - 980ti reference, around 130 euros

@jackm1120

I would do a custom loop. If you have the budget then it should definitely be worth it.

I would do a custom loop. If you have the budget then it should definitely be worth it.

How much money would i be looking at. My budget is like 980ti strix - 980ti reference   sooo like my budget would be 100-150 euros

How much money would i be looking at. My budget is like 980ti strix - 980ti reference   sooo like my budget would be 100-150 euros

not enough 

like 700 - 1000$ for a good one

Nonsense. You can get a decent dual card setup from someone like EK for around $400-$700. (Its still a lot) If you spend $1000, then its at the point where its like "why", but you know, people do it anyways. 

It is only worth it if you are planning on overclocking it a lot AND you need it to be quiet. Note that the Strix card is already very quiet and decently overclockable on its cooler. Youre looking at spending at least $150-250 on everything necessary to do a proper custom loop if you're starting from scratch.

When in doubt, re-format.

Yeah you need a LOT more than that.

It is only worth it if you are planning on overclocking it a lot AND you need it to be quiet. Note that the Strix card is already very quiet and decently overclockable on its cooler. Youre looking at spending at least $150-250 on everything necessary to do a proper custom loop if you're starting from scratch.

I already have the pump from a swiftech h220x, this is a decent pump i hear. The only thing i need is like a 980ti waterblock and some pipes right?

I already have the pump from a swiftech h220x, this is a decent pump i hear. The only thing i need is like a 980ti waterblock and some pipes right?

You would need the GPU water block, 2 fittings, and some more tubing.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

@spartaman64 , how did you get that number?

sorry didnt see that you already have a swifttech then it doable for like 250$

@Interfectorem  How much would that be?

A GPU waterblock from EK is usually around $130 USD, two fittings is around $15, tubing would be around $10. EK is based in Slovenia so I think they could ship to the Netherlands, though I'm not sure, I would contact them.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

A GPU waterblock from EK is usually around $130 USD, two fittings is around $15, tubing would be around $10. EK is based in Slovenia so I think they could ship to the Netherlands, though I'm not sure, I would contact them.

they can, also i have local companies selling it. the waterblock costs 100 euros, can you give me the links of the fittings and tubing, im not known with this tech

I doubt you will be able to get parts that can cope with a cpu and a 980ti for just 150 eur.

I have a fairly basic loop (240mm rad) and it is around 300 eur. None of my parts were needlessly fancy, and expensive either...

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

I doubt you will be able to get parts that can cope with a cpu and a 980ti for just 150 eur.

I have a fairly basic loop (240mm rad) and it is around 300 eur. None of my parts were needlessly fancy, and expensive either...

I have a h220x watercooler, which means i already have a cooler and a rad.

I have a h220x watercooler, which means i already have a cooler and a rad.

If the inbuilt pump is enough then it would just be a matter of getting the 4 fittings, tubing, and the gpu block.

240mm rads are the bare min for a cpu and a gpu loop, so it might be on the warmer side for water cooling.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

If the inbuilt pump is enough then it would just be a matter of getting the 4 fittings, tubing, and the gpu block.

240mm rads are the bare min for a cpu and a gpu loop, so it might be on the warmer side for water cooling.

How much maintenance does it need?

How much maintenance does it need?

Not much. If you get proper coolant/ distilled water and the proper kill coils, then you can have it for quite a long time before replacing the fluids.

other than that, you have the normal dust removal from the radiator.

@spartaman64  ek waterblock titanx is like 110 euro how much would the tubing and the fitting be?

@Interfectorem

A EK Titan X water block can be have for €102,7 at Afuture. Plus a few fittings and tubing. Fitting is like €5 a piece. €150 will just make it. 

Not much. If you get proper coolant/ distilled water and the proper kill coils, then you can have it for quite a long time before replacing the fluids.

other than that, you have the normal dust removal from the radiator.

Wont i need a bigger resevoir or an extra rad? and what are kill coils?