Best Budget 1080p Monitor?

Currently, I have a Hanspree HF237 23" monitor and I am looking to either get a second display of a comparable size, or get two smaller displays to turn it into a triple monitor setup...

I'm not going to be doing much gaming on it, other than some games like Terraria, so I don't need to be spending any extra money on a monitor just to get some gaming specific features like 1ms response time...

Also, the main point of this topic is that I don't have a lot of money to be spending on this sort of stuff, so I am looking for a cheap monitor, something under or around the $100-$130 range would be good...

I already found this 22" Dell monitor... It's a pretty good price, but I don't know how it will look next to my 23" monitor right now (if I go with two and not three displays...)

Any thoughts?

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Currently, I have a Hanspree HF237 23" monitor and I am looking to either get a second display of a comparable size, or get two smaller displays to turn it into a triple monitor setup...

I'm not going to be doing much gaming on it, other than some games like Terraria, so I don't need to be spending any extra money on a monitor just to get some gaming specific features like 1ms response time...

Also, the main point of this topic is that I don't have a lot of money to be spending on this sort of stuff, so I am looking for a cheap monitor, something under or around the $100-$130 range would be good...

I already found this 22" Dell monitor... It's a pretty good price, but I don't know how it will look next to my 23" monitor right now (if I go with two and not three displays...)

Any thoughts?

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/acer-monitor-umvh6aa003

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

Any thoughts?

I wouldn't get that Dell, for $100-130 you can easily get a decent IPS monitor, it isn't a gaming feature, it just means viewing angles and colour accuracy will be a lot nicer, so your overall experience should be nicer too. 

The cheapest being the Acer G227HQLbi: http://www.microcenter.com/product/438488/G227HQL_bi_215_LCD_IPS_Widescreen_HD_Display_Monitor

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Thanks for all of the replies!

All of those monitors seem to be pretty sweet monitors, but they are all around the $130 price mark!

I don't really wish to spend that much money, I just included that as an extreme... I'd rather spend around $100 or $110.

i have a benqrl2455hm its great its the monitor they use in lol tournaments and stuff

Thanks for all of the replies!

All of those monitors seem to be pretty sweet monitors, but they are all around the $130 price mark!

I don't really wish to spend that much money, I just included that as an extreme... I'd rather spend around $100 or $110.

The one I posted was $110 you wont get an IPS 1080p for cheaper I don't think!

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

i have a benqrl2455hm its great its the monitor they use in lol tournaments and stuff

I'm not looking for a gaming monitor, and that is pretty expensive... It goes way past my maximum!

If you can spend some more the ASUS VG248QE is one of the best monitors out there at 1080p, however it is twice your budget.

The one I posted was $110 you wont get an IPS 1080p for cheaper I don't think!

I looked on PCPartpicker for the cheapest price out of big retailers, and that was the cheapest...

Is the Micro Center price a sale or is it their normal price for that monitor?

I looked on PCPartpicker for the cheapest price out of big retailers, and that was the cheapest...

Is the Micro Center price a sale or is it their normal price for that monitor?

It's technically a sale, but pretty sure it has been like that for ages now, so I doubt they plan on moving the price

If you can spend some more the ASUS VG248QE is one of the best monitors out there at 1080p, however it is twice your budget.

And that's the problem. :P

Also, that's a 24" monitor, and I have a 23"...

Unless I randomly get a ton of money and I can buy two of those, then I'm not getting that in the near future.

It's technically a sale, but pretty sure it has been like that for ages now, so I doubt they plan on moving the price

Okay, thanks for that suggestion then! I'll consider it!

I'm not looking for a gaming monitor, and that is pretty expensive... It goes way past my maximum!

sorry didnt know the current price of my monitor

And that's the problem. :P

Also, that's a 24" monitor, and I have a 23"...

Unless I randomly get a ton of money and I can buy two of those, then I'm not getting that in the near future.

I know, but it's still a consideration. I really love the monitor, it's such an improvement over 60Hz. With that said you can probably easily OC the monitors to 75Hz, makes a hell of a difference.

• 4 weeks later...

I know, but it's still a consideration. I really love the monitor, it's such an improvement over 60Hz. With that said you can probably easily OC the monitors to 75Hz, makes a hell of a difference.

I'm not doing video editing, nor intense gaming, so why would I need more than 60Hz?

I'm not doing video editing, nor intense gaming, so why would I need more than 60Hz?

Even with desktop use and scrolling the difference is insane. So smooth.