Power of air cooling

aaro.peramaa

post-246756-0-35656300-1438103230_thumb.

Don't mind the -55'c temp at the top, the sensor seems to be broken.

The fan setup I used is totally stupid, impractical and loud. I DO NOT RECOMMEND USING SUCH SETUP!

Also the reason I did this was that my friend just installed a AIO water cooler on hes i7 4770k and is so amazed by its cooling performance, keeping it at ~20'c. I figured I would get all the fans I have in my room atm. and try to get lower temps.

The cooler itself is Hyper 212 EVO, with the default fan on it. I also hung a Arctic F9 fan behind it, and behind that there's some Foxconn manufactured 120mm fan (That fan is LOUD!). At the top of the case there's some Bitfenix fan, dunno the name but it came with the case, Bitfenix Merc Alpha. Lastly there is the most stupidest placement: A fan from Phenom II x4 stock cooler lying on the GPU, slightly kept at a angle by a cable from the cooler, pointing at the side of the cooler.

post-246756-0-28044900-1438104145_thumb.

I know the cable management is a mess, I'll be getting a new case soon so I'll re do it.

post-246756-0-35656300-1438103230_thumb.

post-246756-0-28044900-1438104145_thumb.

Disregard females, acquire currency

Impossible to get sub-ambient temperatures on air... are you in a freezer?

It isn't, there are a variety of bizarre effects that I don't understand well enough to describe, that can result in sub-ambient temps from air cooling.

Disclaimer : I might be wrong.

10 points to Griffindor for cable management. 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

It isn't, there are a variety of bizarre effects that I don't understand well enough to describe, that can result in sub-ambient temps from air cooling.

Magic.....Black magic.........Babaji magic!

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

That's crazy for a Hyper 212 Evo! I have that cooler and I get like 25-35 degrees Celsius on idle!

Its possible, with enough air flow. You can see this with a air compressor. When you release all the pressure really fast through a small hole, the air takes away so much heat that the metal goes subzero, causing water to form on the surface, and then freezing the water. Then the pressure breaks away the ice and you hear a pop, and all starts from beginning. That's also why wind feels cold.

Disregard females, acquire currency

Yeah, that's not right. That is against the laws of thermodynamics, you can't reach below ambient without chemicals such as Freon. Your temperature probes are probably reading it right, it's just the program you're using isn't calibrated correctly. Check the temps in the BIOS itself, not this program. 

It's impossible to reach sub-ambient temperatures without using something that can actually cool stuff down below ambient. Something similar that fridges, etc uses.

It's likely that you just have a faulty sensor.

Faulty temps check in Bios that's impossible

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Cooling below ambient temps is possible, there are many things that is hard to understand that leads to sub-ambient temps.

Mobo MSI X370 Carbon CPU Ryzen 7 1700 3.8GHz RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x8GB 3000MHz GPU ASUS GTX 1070 Strix Case NZXT S340 Storage Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2 - Seagate 1TB  PSU EVGA 750W Cooling NZXT Kraken X52 OS WIndows 10 Pro

Keyboard Arachnid Recore - Cherry MX Red Mouse Corsair M45  !!--GTA V--!!