what are folding points

Guest Johnny5g
Go to solution Solved by Guest Johnny5g,

yeah 70c is normally more than okay under load

ok it is at light still ok?

what are folding points? thanks!

They're the points you gain every time you finish a work unit, the more you get the better, the amount of points depends on the work unit you finish, it's kind of like a way of keeping track of how much folding you've done, but also so you can climb the ladders as an individual, or help a team grow and climb.

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

They're the points you gain every time you finish a work unit, the more you get the better, the amount of points depends on the work unit you finish, it's kind of like a way of keeping track of how much folding you've done, but also so you can climb the ladders as an individual, or help a team grow and climb.

what can you do with them?

your e-peen

?

Something to show for, nothing else.

You gain them as you finish folding units.

KILLING IS HIS BUSINESS...

AND BUSINESS

IS GOOD!

the noobs will never know

i am a noob.

what can you do with them?

Well nothing really, although if you're part of the LinusTechTips team then you can get a certain badge when you earn a certain amount for the team, like the ones underneath my profile picture on the left.

IrpzuwZ.png

^ They are all the ones you can get, that's taken from here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/207857-for-folding-users-tips-tricks-and-faq-updated-aug-2014/

Read up on that page if you need more info on anything or on other general folding stuff, has some great basic info

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

your e-peen

Your e-peen is huuuuge!

i am a noob.

Do not worry, it will become clear over time.

Your e-peen is huuuuge!

Do not worry, it will become clear over time.

thanks!

Well nothing really, although if you're part of the LinusTechTips team then you can get a certain badge when you earn a certain amount for the team, like the ones underneath my profile picture on the left.

IrpzuwZ.png

^ They are all the ones you can get, that's taken from here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/207857-for-folding-users-tips-tricks-and-faq-updated-aug-2014/

Read up on that page if you need more info on anything or on other general folding stuff, has some great basic info

well i tried it out. i was suggested to try it before i make a rig. i don't want to kill my mac or something so i am not fully into it yet.

well i tried it out. i was suggested to try it before i make a rig. i don't want to kill my mac or something so i am not fully into it yet.

Ohh ok, well you just need to watch out for heat really, as long as everything remains at good temps then it's fine. I have my main rig running pretty much 24/7 doing either folding, or more recently Boinc, I tend to switch between them. The only downside for me is noise. But if you pay your electricity bill running it 24/7 may raise that a little too, thankfully I get it all packaged so I can use however much I like aha.

Ohh ok, well you just need to watch out for heat really, as long as everything remains at good temps then it's fine. I have my main rig running pretty much 24/7 doing either folding, or more recently Boinc, I tend to switch between them. The only downside for me is noise. But if you pay your electricity bill running it 24/7 may raise that a little too, thankfully I get it all packaged so I can use however much I like aha.

thanks my Mac mini will not be my folding rig it is a tester before I spend $1000 USD on a folding rig. It has an i7 and runs at around 70c is that good? Thanks!

thanks my Mac mini will not be my folding rig it is a tester before I spend $1000 USD on a folding rig. It has an i7 and runs at around 70c is that good? Thanks!

ok it is at light still ok?