3 year licence for Windows 8.1, upgrade to windows 10 to bypass that?

JorenBus

Hello all,

I have a laptop for school, but it's with a licence that's valid for 3 years (for my college degree), and then it shouldn't work anymore.

If I were to upgrade to Windows 10, will I be able to bypass this or won't that work?

I don't see a Windows 10 reservation on my laptop atm, is it possible that they disabled this somehow?

Thanks

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

Hello all,

I have a laptop for school, but it's with a licence that's valid for 3 years (for my college degree), and then it shouldn't work anymore.

If I were to upgrade to Windows 10, will I be able to bypass this or won't that work?

I don't see a Windows 10 reservation on my laptop atm, is it possible that they disabled this somehow?

Thanks

Valid for 3 years? Where do you see such limitation?

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Hello all,

Thanks

same key, so you will have windows 10 for only 3 years also

Just get the free reservation for windows 10. I mean, it's free and seems to be much better then win8.1 , no reason not to upgrade to win10 right?

"I fart in your general direction" -The Frenchmen

Just get the free reservation for windows 10. I mean, it's free and seems to be much better then win8.1 , no reason not to upgrade to win10 right?

Well yes, but I'm just wondering if this will also be 3 years valid, or I will have it for the rest of my laptop's life.

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

Well yes, but I'm just wondering if this will also be 3 years valid, or I will have it for the rest of my laptop's life.

I'm not sure how well-weathered this system from microsoft is. But what i'm guessing is that the reservation for win10 copies your current win8.1 key. Since that key is 3 years limited, i'm guessing the win10 copy will also be 3 years limited.

"I fart in your general direction" -The Frenchmen

I'm not sure how well-weathered this system from microsoft is. But what i'm guessing is that the reservation for win10 copies your current win8.1 key. Since that key is 3 years limited, i'm guessing the win10 copy will also be 3 years limited.

Ok damn.

Well I don't get the notification anyway, even though I have the latest updates (KB...) and a legit copy.

Oh well.