Bitcoin mining with dual 970s?

Hello, I was wondering what the status of bitcoin mining is. I would like to start as I don't pay for electricity. Is this a good option? What are the best mining programs? Do they let you schedule mining times? How fast do you make bitcoins?

Hello, I was wondering what the status of bitcoin mining is. I would like to start as I don't pay for electricity. Is this a good option? What are the best mining programs? Do they let you schedule mining times? How fast do you make bitcoins?

you will want to mine coins that are ASIC resistant if you do decide. 

GPU mining is dead.

..........well thats just not true

Seeing as you don't pay for electricity, if you already have the cards, sure, you can make a few bucks. But don't spend money buying cards to mine on. You won't make that money back.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

Why is that?

They are way to slow. It would cost more in power than money u woudl get

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

you will want to mine coins that are ASIC resistant if you do decide. 

What is ASIC? lol

Why is that?

It's not as easy as it use to be, you'll make no profit without specific ASIC hardware.

What is ASIC? lol

application-specific integrated circuit: pretty much customized for a particular use, rather than general-purpose use.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Alternative-COIN mining is your best bet no doubt...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Seeing as you don't pay for electricity, if you already have the cards, sure, you can make a few bucks. But don't spend money buying cards to mine on. You won't make that money back.

Already have the cards. Would just be mining while I'm not gaming (while I'm at work or asleep)

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

They are way to slow. It would cost more in power than money u woudl get

I don't pay for electricity

Already have the cards. Would just be mining while I'm not gaming (while I'm at work or asleep)

You can, but I don't think there is much point any longer.

I don't pay for electricity

Unless your using ASIC machines, or have a house full of 1000x GPU's to do the work, like the other big boys who are taking all the pie pieces, its pointless.

Google

"Mining Alternative Coins"

"Alt Coin listing"

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

You can, but I don't think there is much point any longer.

But why? if I don't pay for electricty, already have the cards. Is it really just so slow that it isn't worth having my cards running under heavy load even when they are under warranty?

But why? if I don't pay for electricty, already have the cards. Is it really just so slow that it isn't worth having my cards running under heavy load even when they are under warranty?

Exactly this.

Alternative coins FARE A LOT BETTER, some are Asic restrictive, only CPU/GPU's can do some, less ASIC competition for shares.

Heyyo,

@afineout , you need to buy a newer generation ASIC miner for Bitcoins. Don't bother with GPU mining on bitcoin, you'll be too far behind the ASIC miners to generate anything decent over time compared to alternative crypto currencies.

ASIC resistant crypto currencies like Dogecoin are pretty much non-existent meow.. ever since that infamous hack and theft of crypto currencies from Mt. Gox, a currency exchanger in Japan? Dogecoin have nearly lost all their value and dropped a lot... I was mining Dogecoin so I'm an idiot for not cashing out right away lol. :P

http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency

According to them? Goldcoin is worth checking into for mining since they use Scrypt, which is a mining algorithm that ASIC minters will have problems with so GPU mining might still be viable on it.

Sadly it looks like Cudaminer was abandoned last year though hmm... it was the best method of mining on NVIDIA GPUs since Cuda always worked better than OpenCL on NVIDIA cards...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167229.0

OH! This guy has some examples on how to mine with NVIDIA GPU and cudaminer for Goldcoin, worth checking into a little...

https://www.gldtalk.org/index.php?topic=243.0

Otherwise? try googling "cudaminer for goldcoin" I guess.

Good luck!

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

From my understanding, you'll be LUCKY if you can make $1 worth over the course of a month. You would have better luck kindly asking your landlord for $10 off your rent a month in exchange for not running up his power bill...

When in doubt, re-format.

So then what coins are asic restrictive and what program do i use to mine them?

not worth it.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

GPU mining hasn't been worth it for more than a year at this point. Especially with only teo cards.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is ASIC? lol

for bitcoin, and the major altcoins, you can buy machines that are RADICALLY faster at mining then any GPUS you can buy. a 30$ asic will keep up with your gpus with ease. 

now, there are some some asic resistant coins, 

So then what coins are asic restrictive and what program do i use to mine them?

I would like to recommend that you join the ltt folding team and donate your computing power to science.  :)

:)xD9_9:D:PB|