Microsoft has quietly released its own Android launcher (beta)

IMG_2092.0.0.JPG

Microsoft is developing an Android launcher.

It's in the very early days so far, but its interesting to see the the company going on other platforms. They also released a lock screen (Next lock screen) for Android as well.

Here is the verge's take on the new launcher:

The launcher itself is pretty straightforward, with a pair of lists on the home screen displaying your most recent and most frequently used apps. Swiping up from the bottom of the screen brings up a customizable list of quick-access apps, as well as some settings and feedback options. Swiping right summons a simple Notes & Reminders page (where you can add tasks and schedule reminders), and swiping left show your most frequent contacts. There's also the option to update your wallpaper daily with images from Bing.

I find this really interesting in the sense, that you will be able to live in an MS ecosystem even if you are using an Android device.

At the moment, this is in BETA stage with a Google plus group invitation for it. Here is the link to ask for an invite:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/109393011462139141948

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/28/9055011/microsoft-arrow-launcher-beta-download

Interesting, i was expecting a more metro style interface from them, could be good as long as it has landscape options unlike aviate

This is what Microsoft should be doing. Integrate their apps, seamlessly, into Android. Fit them with a launcher, and add custom features (not bloat, but actually helpful features) and I'll download.

Looks nice :)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

looks pretty sweet! already asked to be invited, but i have a .apk file of the launcher too if i won't get in on the program :P

finally another reason to dust off my old SGS2!

Using it for 3 days.. Not so good.. The best launcher I have used is Sony launcher...using it even for non Sony phones too

I also like their launcher. I just wish that everyone just puts a dark theme option cause there's just to much bright parts on screen everywhere in menus and all.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Corsair K63 Cherry MX red | Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |