Asus Rampage V Extreme, fan header questions

1)

I have my pump conncected to the cpu header on the motherboard.

I have been going over the settings in both the bios and the AI Suite 3, but I cant find an option for "shutdown on failure", which is a must when dealing with a water cooled system.

2)

The board seems to group the fans into 4 groups, which is a pain to deal with.

Is there anyway to ungroup them?

1)

I have my pump conncected to the cpu header on the motherboard.

I have been going over the settings in both the bios and the AI Suite 3, but I cant find an option for "shutdown on failure", which is a must when dealing with a water cooled system.

2)

The board seems to group the fans into 4 groups, which is a pain to deal with.

Is there anyway to ungroup them?

1) AFAIK as long as you have enabled the CPU Fan Monitoring the system should shut down automatically, or fail to boot. You can test this by simply unplugging the CPU header. I had nothing on my CPU fan header(s) when I initially built my system (another ASUS X99 board) and it refused to POST until I had something connected. I would assume the reverse would be true.

2) Are you talking about within AI Suite 3, or within the Q-Fan section of the BIOS? Q-Fan within the BIOS should simply list all of the currently connected fans and their respective headers (aside from CPU_OPT which reflects CPU_Fan settings).

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

1) AFAIK as long as you have enabled the CPU Fan Monitoring the system should shut down automatically, or fail to boot. You can test this by simply unplugging the CPU header. I had nothing on my CPU fan header(s) when I initially built my system (another ASUS X99 board) and it refused to POST until I had something connected. I would assume the reverse would be true.

2) Are you talking about within AI Suite 3, or within the Q-Fan section of the BIOS? Q-Fan within the BIOS should simply list all of the currently connected fans and their respective headers (aside from CPU_OPT which reflects CPU_Fan settings).

1) I would have to test that.

2) Both. They only list 4 groups. I had to shuffle around my cables, to prevent my radiator fans from being the speed of the case fan.