980 ti brand recommendation

danielhowk

Good to hear that.  :)

The Power of the G1 is without a doubt very good.

But it´s the Card i read the most negative about in case of coil whine and noise on LTT.

Honestly, it's probably the best build card. They just had so many qc issues that it was all or nothing.

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

Honestly, it's probably the best build card. They just had so many qc issues that it was all or nothing.

Given the amount of quality issues from owners on newegg reviews, I beg to differ on that. 

Given the amount of quality issues from owners on newegg reviews, I beg to differ on that. 

That's what I just said? G1 is super risky, as the cards have a tendency to get past QC that they should NOT, but if you get a good card they're absolutely fantastic, as usual. It's just not likely that you get  a good one.

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

Either the Amp Extreme or Gaming 6G. Honestly the Gaming 6G overclocks amazingly. While the Extreme is just raw power and awesomeness. Hahaha. I own it myself.

I'm going to punch your face- IN THE FACE.

Is coil whine a qc issue? Do companies actually check for coil whine before shipping?

As for fan noise, the windforce cooler is fine up to about 65% fan speed. 65 is when a high pitched shrill sound begins, which gets worse the faster the fans spin.

My g1 980 pretty much never gets above 50% so it's not an issue. The 980 ti is a different animal though.

The G1 980 ti has issues, but even at its worst it's not as bad as some of the crap asus puts out.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

Is coil whine a qc issue? Do companies actually check for coil whine before shipping?

As for fan noise, the windforce cooler is fine up to about 65% fan speed. 65 is when a high pitched shrill sound begins, which gets worse the faster the fans spin.

My g1 980 pretty much never gets above 50% so it's not an issue. The 980 ti is a different animal though.

The G1 980 ti has issues, but even at its worst it's not as bad as some of the crap asus puts out.

Who knows as EVERY SINGLE 5 980 Ti i've had from Gigabyte, MSI and EVGA so far has had coil whine and its bullshit for a $700 card.

And beyond that, the Gigabyte got way too loud to keep cool for my taste, so I had to return it along with bad coil.

Heres testing I did of fan noise. I totally forgot to do the Classified while I had it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAILvRdtP6s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWQQRD2Sons

Is Zotac Amp extreme 980ti any good ?

dont mean any offense but i heard msi , evga , maybe asus or gigabyte is always the top brand.

what about zotac ?

DON'T BUY THE GIGABYTE! I bought one seeing as it was almost 50$ cheaper then the rest and you get what you pay for! Mine came with no extra cables, driver cd, or manuals. The card itself sucked! Ran much hotter then other ones, coil whine was unbareable, fan would rev on its own, and finally the temp sensor died after 2 days. To top it off when I contacted gigabyte I received an email 5 days after contacting them and the response was a clear autimated response and to top that off was in broken english and basically said well it maybe broken it may not. If your not satisfied return it. No help or possible fix. Returned the card and bout the evga one and NEVER looked back! Contacted gigabyte over 4 weeks ago about how I was dealt with and still haven't heard back from anyone. Computer or human

dont mean any offense but i heard msi , evga , maybe asus or gigabyte is always the top brand.

what about zotac ?

Zotac is still a new comer to the market, so have don't have much of a track record to go buy and thus, not everyone including me is willing to risk unknown territory with this kinda money being thrown around from our wallets

Zotac is still a new comer to the market, so have don't have much of a track record to go buy and thus, not everyone including me is willing to risk unknown territory with this kinda money being thrown around from our wallets

How many Crads from "known" Brands, that didnt work did you buy again?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

what about zotac ?

The 980Ti´s from Zotac count to best you can get atm, and the amp!extreme is a Beast.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Yeah heard zotac was fairly new, that why im looking for a real solid build 980ti by other brand but at the same time.. since im spending that kind of money. its true

The 980Ti´s from Zotac count to best you can get atm, and the amp!extreme is a Beast.

there is tons of people from this forums saying zotac is really solid

MSI Gaming 6G, but pretty much anything besides the Asus STRIX(bad cooling performance) and the Gigabyte G1 Gaming(coil whine) are good.

Arcturus(log here): Intel Core i7 6700K // MSI 980 Ti Gaming 6G(1454/1995) // Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2133MHz 16GB //  MSI XPower Gaming Titanium Edition // Samsung 850 EVO 500GB // WD Black 2TB // Corsair 760T // Corsair RM850i

What about msi Lightning in comparison to the Gaming 6G

I've always stuck with evga. still got my 670 ftw but upgrading to 980ti soon i hope.

Motherboard - Asus Z97-WS ll Processor -Intel i7-4790K ll Cooling- Custom Loop ll RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB(2x8) @2400 ll Graphics Card  - EVGA GeForce GTX 980 TI ll PSU - Corsair AX 1200 Watts ll SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB ll HDD - seagate barracuda green 2TB & Seagate 4TB ll Case - Silverstone TJ11 ll Audio - Asus Xonar Essence STX  ll OS- Win 10 PRO 64-bit ll Keyboard- CM Storm QuickfireTK Green Switchesll Mouse- Logitech G502

What about msi Lightning in comparison to the Gaming 6G

We dunno, its not out yet but they are overclocking kings apparently but expensive and rare

My 980 ti sc acx 2.0 is great. I can hit 1500mhz core on most games and roughly 7700 on the memory. My stable oc is 1443 and 7400. Runs whisper quiet and under 70*C at 4k with a quiet fan curve.

Yeah I got the SC+ with the Backplate and I love the hell out of it. 

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

I received my EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified card yesterday and it's amazing. If you're after top end performance with a very high quality build and appearance this is a card to consider. Yes people keep saying the Zotac AMP Extreme card is the fastest, but nearly everyone buying a GTX 980Ti will overclock the card so I wouldn't look at the boost clock speed to much, most top non reference 980Ti's can be over clocked to a similar speed. 

CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Formula | GPU: EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified | SSD: Samsung 850 Pro Series 256GB | Cooler: Corsair H110i GTX

Case: Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX     RAM: 16GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1866MHz | HDD: 2TB Western Digital | PSU: Corsair AX850i

Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB | OS: Windows 8.1  

how is the MSI and Zotac build in ? equally as good as EVGA or worst? 

how is the MSI and Zotac build in ? equally as good as EVGA or worst? 

Cant say much about MSI, but Zotac´s 980Ti´s count to the best you can buy atm.

EVGA for warranty and cutomer support if it matters to you

EVGA for warranty and cutomer support if it matters to you

Indeed, EVGA has always had a very strong warranty. It doesn't matter as much to everybody, but it's worth keeping in mind.

I've also read a lot of good stuff about the EVGA ACX 2.0 cooler. Chances are most of these well known brands will be alright though.

Well the Asus one will probably take a long time to get in stock due to some manufacturing error.

I heard allot of good stuff about the amp extreme, but keep in mind that it us a 3 slot card. So if you ever want to sli make sure you have enough space.

Evga generally has good cards plus good warranty, but if you get a superclocked one you will have a reference pcb.

Msi has custom pcb. Is very quite while staying cool. And I heard it is a good overclocker but don't quote me on that.

That's the one I was waiting for, how long do you think it'll take for it to restock?

Gigabyte has serious Quality Problems. The amount of coil whine G1´s here is ridiculous.

And both are slower than than amp! extreme before OC.

amp! extreme is very big and heavy which can cause Problems for some Cases/Boards though.

I have a G1 Gaming 970 and I don't hear any coil whine what so ever.