Is this rig good enough to max out games on 1440p res @ 144hz

kaoskhan

If you mean resonable high settings when you say "maxing" then most likely. It wont hit 144 fps in every game at max, but at resonable settings, it will get close.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Yeah that's more than enough for 1440p res @ 144hz on max settings.

Do you even play Tigger's Honey Hunt?

tiggers-honey-hunt.jpg

Lmao! Thanks for the laugh

If youre only going to be gaming, whats with the i7?

I'll be editing/rendering too I'm just more worried about the gaming

I'll be editing/rendering too I'm just more worried about the gaming

Ahh, okay. Well it will easily be able to pull of max settings 1440p, however im not sure that you will get a CONSTANT of 144fps.

Ahh, okay. Well it will easily be able to pull of max settings 1440p, however im not sure that you will get a CONSTANT of 144fps.

True. Would a 144hz monitor @ 1440p still be worth it if I don't get a constant 144fps?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/L7T9Hx

Go for that instead.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

post-202645-0-54215200-1438081048.jpeg

But do you play Dora Animal Adventures?

I do!

post-202645-0-54215200-1438081048.jpeg

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

True. Would a 144hz monitor @ 1440p still be worth it if I don't get a constant 144fps?

For most the games it matters in.. yes.

If your doing light editing or not a huge amount the x99 is a bit wasted.. normal i5 and i7 are plenty capable. If doing LOADS / professionally, then go right ahead.

Alternative to the zotac apm edition (there is a fan profile issue IIRC) is the MSI gaming... it's super quiet, not as big so better for SLI if you go that route, cool and boosts / overclocks like a boss (nearly to the amp levels at stock and about the same when overclocking)

Also, if the monitor is a gsync panel, the lower frames aren't an issue.. thats where it performs best to keep things smooth.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Yes, beacuse you WILL get alot more than 60fps :)

BTW your eyes can only render 45-60fps.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4639Hx

I play any game you can name.

Too much Ram.

Why the 5930K ?

You don't need a hybrid drive. 

Get a bigger psu if you want to sli.

You could get a LGA1150 i7 and 2 x 980 ti for that budget.

yes it would be worth it. nothing worse than having a 60 hertz monitor when you're getting more than 60 fps. 1ms is a MUST for gaming.

BigDay

your build will get over 60 fps in most games on max settings most of the time, but i don't think it will cap out at 144 fps ALL THE TIME and on max settings in most games. You need two 980's in SLI or two 980 ti's for that at a minimum

BigDay