Keyboard and Mouse LED Turn On When I Clicked It

virtualgravity

Hey guys so yesterday I had a power outage while I was on my computer. My keyboard is Corsair K70 Brown Switches with Red LED, and my mouse is Razer Lachesis 5600.

Motherboard: Asus H97 Pro Gamer

Processor : Intel I5 4590

RAM : Corsair LP 8GB 1600 Mhz

Drives : Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB, WD Blue 1 TB

PSU : Seasonic X560W Modular

Case : Corsair Spec 01

The next day when I got home I accidently press one of the key on my keyboard and the all the LEDs turned on. I tested and clicked my mouse and the LED also turned on. However my cpu is still off.

I tried to reboot it and it happen again. I have never encountered this before.

Some several fix that I've tried was :

Turn on ErP to S5 Mode (before is off)

Change the usb ports

Before the outage I was able to charge my phones using my USB ports while the computer is off but the keyboards and mice wont turn on ( I clean them daily after using)

Anyone have any idea whats going on??

Regard

Andrew

[CPU] Intel i7 8700K [Motherboard] Asus ROG Maximus X Hero Z370 [RAM] Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000 Mhz [GPU] Asus Strix 1080 Ti OC [Case] Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass [Storage] 250GB Samsung 960 Evo M.2 + 250GB Samsung 850 Evo + 1TB WDC Blue [PSU] Seasonic Prime 650W [Display] Aorus KD25F + Acer Predator XB271HU [Keyboard] Corsair K65 Rapidfire Cherry MX Speed [Mouse] Endgame Gear XM1 + Logitech G303 [Sound] Sennheiser Game One [OS] Windows 10 64 bit

Okay, I'll try and make sense of this. Perhaps your board has USB power despite it being off? That is a feature on some boards, sorry not really understanding what the problem is.

Okay, I'll try and make sense of this. Perhaps your board has USB power despite it being off? That is a feature on some boards, sorry not really understanding what the problem is.

Thankyoh for replying byalexandr .Sorry if the information is unclear. Yeah it has USB power when it is off.

However, before the outage if I press any keys on my keyboard the led won't turn on (I was able to charge my phone through the USB ports).

It goes off when the PC is powered off but if I hit a button on the keyboard while the computer is off, the keyboard light comes back on

[CPU] Intel i7 8700K [Motherboard] Asus ROG Maximus X Hero Z370 [RAM] Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000 Mhz [GPU] Asus Strix 1080 Ti OC [Case] Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass [Storage] 250GB Samsung 960 Evo M.2 + 250GB Samsung 850 Evo + 1TB WDC Blue [PSU] Seasonic Prime 650W [Display] Aorus KD25F + Acer Predator XB271HU [Keyboard] Corsair K65 Rapidfire Cherry MX Speed [Mouse] Endgame Gear XM1 + Logitech G303 [Sound] Sennheiser Game One [OS] Windows 10 64 bit

Thankyoh for replying byalexandr .Sorry if the information is unclear. Yeah it has USB power when it is off. However, before the outage if I press any keys on my keyboard the led won't turn on (I was able to charge my phone through the USB ports). I was wondering what could be the problem that cause the keyboard and mice to lit up when I press one of the keys when my pc is off.

Well if it isn't affecting anything critical I don't see how it could be such a large problem. Honestly it sounds fine to me, maybe there is a setting in your BIOS that you can change to prevent it from turning on.

Well if it isn't affecting anything critical I don't see how it could be such a large problem. Honestly it sounds fine to me, maybe there is a setting in your BIOS that you can change to prevent it from turning on.

Yeah but it bothers me because everytime I turned off my pc, I clean my keyboards and it lit up :( I cannot turned it off unless I replug the usb ports or switch off the PSU. My biggest concern is the keyboard where K70 LEDs is prone to dying

Yeah but it bothers me because everytime I turned off my pc, I clean my keyboards and it lit up :( I cannot turned it off unless I replug the usb ports or switch off the PSU. My biggest concern is the keyboard where K70 LEDs is prone to dying

I think they're meant to withstand being turned on and off. Just unplug the PC if it is a real concern to you. Like I said there might be a BIOS settings that allows you to change it.