pc in a fridge?

Spirit Mancy

I was doing some shower thinking and I began to think, what if someone built a computer using a functional mini-fridge as a case. Just wondering what you guys think about this, would it work? Would it be a complete fail?

I was doing some shower thinking and I began to think, what if someone built a computer using a functional mini-fridge as a case. Just wondering what you guys think about this, would it work? Would it be a complete fail?

I think you should get Vessel and watch Linus' video that he just did on that. (Spoiler alert) Short answer: no.

Vessel is your friend

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

It would be a complete fail.

The refrigerator is not powerful enough to effectively cool the computer, due to the smaller amount of space and lack of fresh air, it would get pretty toasty in there pretty fast.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

The refrigerator is not powerful enough to effectively cool the computer, due to the smaller amount of space and lack of fresh air, it would get pretty toasty in there pretty fast.

now if you made a liquid nitrogen fridge. then maybe ;)

wait for linus's video its on vbessel lol

Two problems with this. The obvious one is condensation. Fridges are full of it because chilling air by itself lowers the dew point and causes vapour to condense. You'd need a dehumidifier as well, which turns the whole thing into AC.

More important to consider, however, is what fridges are designed for. They lower the temperature of an area to below ambient. They are designed to maintain a constant low temperature for passive things like food. They are not designed to counteract active heating of something inside. A fridge isn't powerful enough to negate the heat output of a PC. Best case scenario is nothing would happen. Worst case scenario is that nothing happens and you damage your fridge.

Condensation will be the #1 problem with any cooling solution that goes below ambient.

But whats the difference from the unit they use in the LD PC cases from the mini fridge? 

You'll kill both your PC and the fridge...

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

Guys, I think this guy is a LMG smurf account made to promote their Mini Fridge PC Build video.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

Vessel is your friend

Does LTT post more videos on Vessel than youtube?

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

Guys, I think this guy is a LMG smurf account made to promote their Mini Fridge PC Build video.

That's stupid because I bet most people here on the forum will watch the video when it's on youtube or vessel.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

That's stupid because I bet most people here on the forum will watch the video when it's on youtube or vessel.

I guess my joke wasn't funny at all.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

I guess my joke wasn't funny at all.

Your comment wasn't serious ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Your comment wasn't serious ?

Not at all.

But whats the difference from the unit they use in the LD PC cases from the mini fridge? 

I assume you're talking about phase change.

Its not quite the same, the phase change cooler doesn't cool down the air, it cools down the cpu block which then cools down the CPU, and is made from parts that are made for exchanging more heat and also running much more often than a mini fridge.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Does LTT post more videos on Vessel than youtube?

No. They post same videos to both. Vessel just gets most regular content 7 days ahead. WAN Show and new product launches are exception and release simultaneously to both.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

i feel liket he PC would produce moisture and short out

CPU: I7 8086K                              MOBO: Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5   RAM: 16Gb G-Skill 3200mHz

GPU: GTX 1070 FE 8GB            CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX           OS: Windows 10

PSU: EVGA 650G                      SSD: 250GB Samsung Evo                       HDD: 1000GB WD BLUE

What about a Chest Freezer ? was what i thought at the end of the video that it should of been tested as well not that i think the outcome would change dramatically but it is able to cool better than a mini fridge and same price for a small one and Feel like it would of made the video more complete 

Main Rig: Cpu: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x @ 4.60Ghz 1.2V | Motherboard: ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA | RAM: 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2133Mhz | GPU: Powercolor RADEON RX6900XT Liquid Devil  | Case: XFORMA MBX MKII | Storage: Samsung 840 256GB/Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | PSU: Corsair Hx850i | Cooling: Custom loop with gentle typhoons |