Help with choosing a laptop to buy

lazypuddle
Go to solution Solved by exercutor5,

Hello guys I literally have just built a nice computer with amazing specs but the sad thing is I have to sell it because I've got excepted in to a school in another country so I need something more potable, I'm quite big on gaming but it's not essential as I will be studying a lot, my budget will be around £1200 so around $1800/1900, I've never been in to the laptop scene so I don't know where to start, I'm looking for a really fast processor, SSD memory and maybe even physical memory to go with that as well, an IPS panel display would be great, 17 inches for the display, on the graphics side of things I won't need something stupidly powerful such as a 980m cause as I said I won't be doing that much gaming, I am moving away next April so should I wait to see if a new mobile PC is released which meets my requirements or are there any on the market currently which you guys would suggest? thanks in advance :)

http://mysn.co.uk/shop/xmg-p505-gaminglaptop.html

Check this out. I wouldn't recommend having a 17" laptop to carry around from class to class. 

But if you don't mind a 17" machine

http://mysn.co.uk/shop/xmg-p705-gaminglaptop.html

Hello guys I literally have just built a nice computer with amazing specs but the sad thing is I have to sell it because I've got excepted in to a school in another country so I need something more potable, I'm quite big on gaming but it's not essential as I will be studying a lot, my budget will be around £1200 so around $1800/1900, I've never been in to the laptop scene so I don't know where to start, I'm looking for a really fast processor, SSD memory and maybe even physical memory to go with that as well, an IPS panel display would be great, 17 inches for the display, on the graphics side of things I won't need something stupidly powerful such as a 980m cause as I said I won't be doing that much gaming, I am moving away next April so should I wait to see if a new mobile PC is released which meets my requirements or are there any on the market currently which you guys would suggest? thanks in advance :)

http://mysn.co.uk/shop/xmg-p505-gaminglaptop.html

Check this out. I wouldn't recommend having a 17" laptop to carry around from class to class. 

But if you don't mind a 17" machine

http://mysn.co.uk/shop/xmg-p705-gaminglaptop.html

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Mate, I have a Surface Pro 3, could not physically recommend it more, I used it in my third year and it's fucking amaze.

Like you're asking for something more portable but 17 inches? You may as well just get a small desktop at that rate. You get your 17 incher out at Starbucks an' you'll get all the weird stares :ph34r:

Anyway, the i5 one with 128GB has served me well, so it is the one I'd recommend, and you'll have money left over for town because drinks should be on you if you've got that much money :P