OnePlus 2 launch thread

Aniallation

This launch event was super disappointing. All they did was going over stuff that we already knew.

Ah there were a couple of nice tidbits that weren't really known.

Toggle switch.

Some OS features.

The swappable backs.

Screen resolution and size.

OIS.

I need one, because, well.... i don't have a smartphone. I have a phone, but it just calls, and i have like 15 minutes a month lmao. this would be a great upgrade, or at least an iphone 6, with the 6s coming out, i expect a significant price drop on the 6.

Would you have the money for one?

In comparison to the supposed $500 of the Moto X 2015

Very true, that's pretty reasonable. I know where some of my next paycheck is going.

I like how they went with $479 and not what $389 US converts to.

I'm still going to see about the new Nexus phones. Not only does the new android version seem like it will be much better than lollipop has been, but will also bring in some decent hardware. 

Me too. Though, honestly I think this one is going to be hard to beat. I can't see Google matching it fully.

I hope Huawei puts out a dual SIM Nexus.

Looks interesting. Sometimes I wish I wasn't on Verizon but gotta love that coverage. 

I'm bummed that the home button isn't an actual button and 116 degrees fahrenheit? WTF?

A lot of phones get hot after a bit of gaming...

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I'm bummed that the home button isn't an actual button and 116 degrees fahrenheit? WTF?

47c... not that hot and honestly that's really good for an 810. 

"Rawr XD"

Toggle switch.

Some OS features.

The swappable backs.

OIS.

Very true, that's pretty reasonable. I know where some of my next paycheck is going.

Me too. Though, honestly I think this one is going to be hard to beat. I can't see Google matching it fully.

I don't live in china/India/anywhere with terrible phone coverage or operating a business so that dual sim matters for me lol. I don't think it matters at all for the NA audience that doesn't live in south dakota.

Toggle switch.

Some OS features.

The swappable backs.

OIS.

Maybe i could try and ask my parents. But with my parents, it could go either way, depending on how i do in school.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

47c... not that hot and honestly that's really good for an 810. 

Not that hot? The battery isn't saying that.

The battery is on the bottom... in Marques's video it shows the hot area being at the top.

"Rawr XD"

Wait, MKBHD says that the OnePlus Two doesn't have NFC. The OPO had NFC. Did they remove it in the Two i suppose?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

The battery is on the bottom... in Marques's video it shows the hot area being at the top.

? Where else would the battery be lol. Heat transfers. You see how there is a gradient from the hot side down to where the battery is? For comparison, the Galaxy is not only cooler but it disperses heat away from the battery as the gradient is pretty much non existent. 

? Where else would the battery be lol. Heat transfers. You see how there is a gradient from the hot side down to where the battery is? For comparison, the Galaxy is not only cooler but it disperses heat away from the battery as the gradient is pretty much non existent. 

Because the Samsung isn't as hot in the first place.

Again, it's not great thermal performance from a general standpoint, but it's pretty good thermal performance for a device with an 810.

"Rawr XD"

Heyyo,

I kinda wanna get my hands on one. But i heard it's an invite system again :(

There's invite reservation. Put your email in and eventually as their product ramps up? You get an invite. Invites are only good for 24 hours, so my guess if someone doesn't buy one within 24 hours? his invite gets passed to the next person in the lineup. It prevents invites from sitting idle which is smart. :) 

Those are the same prices as the OPO currently is in Canada :/

compared to what I paid for my OPO before the price drop? It's about $20 CAD more lol so DAYUM! Dat be a good price.

I'm still going to see about the new Nexus phones. Not only does the new android version seem like it will be much better than lollipop has been, but will also bring in some decent hardware.

Android M has some good changes... but eh, will it has the performance issues of 5.0.2? Only time will tell. Android 4.4.4 and 5.1.1 are quite refined and don't suffer memory leaks or battery drain issues from all my tests on nightly builds or stable builds before. I'm stoke for OxygenOS 5.1.1 to eventually get ported to the OPO.

Dude... the Qualcomm SnapDragon 801 can get up to 45ºc when gaming for an extended period of time.. for the SD810 v2.1 in the OPO to only hit 47ºC? That's really damn good compared to any other phone with a SD810.

Wait, MKBHD says that the OnePlus Two doesn't have NFC. The OPO had NFC. Did they remove it in the Two i suppose?

Yeah I noticed that too, same with product page... but then again, how often do you even use NFC? I've only used it once for my bluetooth speaker lol. I could have just as easily paired it. :P

Still, for the minor price hike over the OnePlus One? The OnePlus 2 is easily worth it. #OP2HYPE !!! :P

I myself won't be upgrading to it since I love my OnePlus One and one of the main things I was looking for was front facing speakes which is not in the OnePlus 2... hmm... maybe the OnePlus 3!? 2017 flagship killer!?!?!? ;)

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

Heyyo,

There's invite reservation. Put your email in and eventually as their product ramps up? You get an invite. Invites are only good for 24 hours, so my guess if someone doesn't buy one within 24 hours? his invite gets passed to the next person in the lineup. It prevents invites from sitting idle which is smart. :) 

compared to what I paid for my OPO before the price drop? It's about $20 CAD more lol so DAYUM! Dat be a good price.

Android M has some good changes... but eh, will it has the performance issues of 5.0.2? Only time will tell. Android 4.4.4 and 5.1.1 are quite refined and don't suffer memory leaks or battery drain issues from all my tests on nightly builds or stable builds before. I'm stoke for OxygenOS 5.1.1 to eventually get ported to the OPO. 

Dude... the Qualcomm SnapDragon 801 can get up to 45ºc when gaming for an extended period of time.. for the SD810 v2.1 in the OPO to only hit 47ºC? That's really damn good compared to any other phone with a SD810.

Yeah I noticed that too, same with product page... but then again, how often do you even use NFC? I've only used it once for my bluetooth speaker lol. I could have just as easily paired it. :P

Still, for the minor price hike over the OnePlus One? The OnePlus 2 is easily worth it. #OP2HYPE !!! :P

I myself won't be upgrading to it since I love my OnePlus One and one of the main things I was looking for was front facing speakes which is not in the OnePlus 2... hmm... maybe the OnePlus 3!? 2017 flagship killer!?!?!? ;)

I agree. I will continue to love my OnePlus One(s) and now my Z3 until the next OnePlus generation comes out. Fingers crossed for front facing speakers, and water proofness.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

Heyyo,

2018 flagship killer

does this have a micro SD card slot?

Details separate people.

I don't live in china/India/anywhere with terrible phone coverage or operating a business so that dual sim matters for me lol. I don't think it matters at all for the NA audience that doesn't live in south dakota.

I'm in North America and I want it :P

Then again, I have a business. So. There's that. I hope they thoroughly thought out the dual SIM support.

I don't think dual SIM is really for terrible coverage? Just think though. You could get a super cheap mobile data package, cheap talk package, and boom. Cheap super plan.

Maybe i could try and ask my parents. But with my parents, it could go either way, depending on how i do in school.

Ahhh yes.

That's...hugely disappointing to me.

does this have a micro SD card slot?

Look forward to the Moto X tomorrow. It's supposed to have one.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

What phone? Different phones have different surface temperatures. 

Heyyo,

it's used to share things, like you touch 2 nfc enabled phones back to back and tap your screen to share it to the other phone. i think samsung was the one to popularize this. also you can use it to pay for stuff. like starbucks allows apple pay and google wallet, and it works with nfc.

Not much of a gamer, but I managed to hit 40°C (battery temperature) when charging + watching YouTube videos on my moto G. 46.5°C for the hottest part of the phone doesn't seem too bad to be honest.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

On a side note : the 1+1 is out of stock. This means it's impossible to buy any Oneplus phone from their website...

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

Yeah.... Verizon is the only good carrier in SD. Takes five minutes to load a page on sprint and five seconds on Verizon :P

Wow, so it seems like that weird camera position in that design post which supposedly got leaked last week wasn't entirely true after all.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Lack of microSD(XC) support is a huge oversight, IMO, for any other phone and I would've said it was a deal-breaker. 64GB internal storage and USB 3.1 type C may just be enough to compensate but it's still no comparison for swappable removable storage.

As NtB said, NFC is a bit of a glaring omission as well.

I kinda wanna get my hands on one. But i heard it's an invite system again :(

OnePlus says that they have a better invite system now and somebody on YouTube said that you could get it normally every Tuesday.

i5 4590 | Sapphire R9 380 Nitro | MSi H97 Gaming 3 | 8GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz | 1TB WD Blue | ADATA SP900 128GB | Seasonic M12II 620W | NZXT. S340 (Black & Red) |

Nope, still not a flagship killer. Especially not a 2016 flagship killer.

I might get one though. It seems like a big upgrade over the OnePlus One and a huge upgrade over my Galaxy S4.

The biggest upgrade seems to be the camera. Laser focus, OIS and increased pixel size (1.3µm vs 1.1µm). On paper that's a beast.

Kind of disappointed to see it being 1000 SEK (116 USD) more expensive than the OPO when it launched but that's still a great price. Sweden getting screwed with pricing again... 30 dollars more expensive in the US. 116 dollars more expensive in Sweden.

OP2 64GB = 3800 SEK

Galaxy S6 32GB = 5900 SEK

USB type C seems really nice although I am not sure it makes up for the lack of QuickCharge or wireless charging.

No Cyanogenmod but OxygenOS seems really good.

Fingerprint scanner is in my opinion kind of meh, but a lot of people will like it. Judging by the MKBHD video it seems like a really good scanner as well.

Speakers are on the bottom which is decent but I would have liked them at the front. Oh well, it's far better than on the back like I'm used to.

Interesting little thing. They have capped the A57 cluster at 1.8GHz instead of the stock 1.9GHz.

I'm glad to see that they have stuck with the same sandpaper-ish back but now made the edges out of metal.

Disappointed to see a 16GB model still but at least the upgrade to 64GB seems reasonably priced (in the US). Although they are screwing Sweden over with the price on that. Used to be 350 SEK and now it's 600 SEK.

Great to see them making a US and an EU version so we get proper LTE support.

Things I dislike:

No NFC

No microSD

No removable battery

No quick charging

No wireless charging

Will have to wait for reviews to determine how good the camera, screen and other parts are.