What should I do with my late 2009 iMac

bnjmnhns

So my iMac has lasted me about 5 years and a half and it has slowed down pretty bad i got it as a christmas gift when it came out and it has served me well for media, browsing and random school editing.

So what should i do with it its kinda old to sell and you can get a much better pc for the same price...

It has a intel core 2 duo 3.06 GHz 

nvidia 9400m graphics

14 Gbs of 1067 ddr3 ram

500gb old hard drive

tsQkRE3.jpg

CPU: i7 4790k, GPU: ASUS Strix 980 ti, Motherboard: z97x-UD5H-BK , RAM: 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133 Mhz, CPU Cooler: NH-D15, PSU: EVGA GS 850w 80+ Gold, Case: Fractal Design R5, Storage: Samsung 850 evo 250gb and WD black 1tb, Peripherals: Deathadder 2013 and G710+, Monitor: LG 29UM67.

Gimme

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Sell it for whatever you can get out of it I guess :P

Then put money towards a newer model, or do whatever you want with it.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

i'd try to sell it on craigslist.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

so everyone is saying to sell it i guess ill sell it to a relative that offered me 400$ i don't know if i can salvage more than that

CPU: i7 4790k, GPU: ASUS Strix 980 ti, Motherboard: z97x-UD5H-BK , RAM: 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133 Mhz, CPU Cooler: NH-D15, PSU: EVGA GS 850w 80+ Gold, Case: Fractal Design R5, Storage: Samsung 850 evo 250gb and WD black 1tb, Peripherals: Deathadder 2013 and G710+, Monitor: LG 29UM67.

I'd buy it, but not for $400, so go for that.

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

I don't mind taking it. I don't really play much anymore tbh, just surfing the web and watching videos. i could take it

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Load Windows on it, and use it for basic tasks. Other than that, just sell it

You know that guy that games on a MacBook? I'm that guy.

I don't mind taking it. I don't really play much anymore tbh, just surfing the web and watching videos. i could take it

Is it because 'the core 2 duo master race' is failing on you or is it the 'seagate master race'

Has Windows Vista failed on you?

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

Gimme

:P too much sentimental value to just give away

So my iMac has lasted me about 5 years and a half and it has slowed down pretty bad i got it as a christmas gift when it came out and it has served me well for media, browsing and random school editing.

So what should i do with it its kinda old to sell and you can get a much better pc for the same price...

It has a intel core 2 duo 3.06 GHz 

nvidia 9400m graphics

14 Gbs of 1067 ddr3 ram

500gb old hard drive

tsQkRE3.jpg

burn it to hell

Expected a pic. Was not disappointed.

Use it as a kitchen pc or something

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I was gonna suggest burning it, but everyone else says sell it so I guess you could do that..  :rolleyes:

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

Do you have any young relatives in high school? It would be great for them to use for study, rest assured they won't be distracted playing games with that old school GPU. If not, how about any relatives needing a media PC for media entertainment?

Do you have any young relatives in high school? It would be great for them to use for study, rest assured they won't be distracted playing games with that old school GPU. If not, how about any relatives needing a media PC for media entertainment?

I have a niece but the other relative thats triying to buy it its her mother aka my sister so i guess its the same... Shes like 6 or 7 idk

just get rid of it its making me throw up 

My speakers dont even fit on or under my desk...PA's FTW

I have a niece but the other relative thats triying to buy it its her mother aka my sister so i guess its the same... Shes like 6 or 7 idk

Well, be sure they get a big discount or even better - fweeeeeeeeee! It'll be put to good use if for educational and work purpose so yay, mother and daughter can share.

sell it for The best price you can online or over cragslist, or give to a school/friend?

CPU: I7 8086K                              MOBO: Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5   RAM: 16Gb G-Skill 3200mHz

GPU: GTX 1070 FE 8GB            CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX           OS: Windows 10

PSU: EVGA 650G                      SSD: 250GB Samsung Evo                       HDD: 1000GB WD BLUE

Get a cheap ssd and reformat it. Use it as a browsing computer. Kinda like a 2nd monitor while doing your work on other computer.