PS4 getting a unique mouse and keyboard combo

SImoHayha

You know most games let you turn off aim assist right?

And some of those games are?

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

CronusMax and Xim4, with the CronusMax you need to be connected to a laptop, pc, or windows tablet to use a mouse or Keyboard I don't think you need to for the Xim4.   

I do recommend though using something like the k65 as you don't need the numeric pad for gaming. 

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

>Calling that abomination a "keyboard"

eO87KiG.jpg

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

There are actually a ton of current gen console games that run at 60 FPS. Certainly not all of them, and there are still lots that are locked at 30, but #PCMR seems to ignore the ones that do work at 60.

Because PCMR are a dumb biased scrub subreddit. 

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I will never truly understand why so many people love keyboard/mouse and think controllers are the devil. I play almost every PC game with a controller because I like the full control over my characters speed and haptic feedback. Some games allow you to press extra buttons to walk but some don't. Like what if I just want to fucking walk and not jog everywhere? Say that though and a ton of nerds line up to publicly castrate me.

But good for console gamers. This will give them a huge edge in FPS online titles.

Edit: And just to be clear, the nerds part was a joke. I am aware I currently have 850 posts on a forum called LinusTechTips.

I'm okay with controllers in many games. I'm fact I prefer them for many games like assassin's creed or the witcher 3. However I am utterly incapable of playing anything that's remotely fps or point and shoot with a controller. I guess it's just a mind or motor control thing but I've struggled with this for years. And god I've tried to teach myself. I'm a huge fan of the Halo franchise, but where I've finished Halo 1 and 2 on pc in legendary (several times in fact) I've barely gotten through Halo 3 / Reach / ODST campaigns in easy mode on Xbox. I just can't get it. For people like me this thing would be amazing if it's implemented well. Heck I might even pick up a PS4 and Destiny because of this :)

And before anyone comments: I know there are already aftermarket solutions allowing you to use a mouse and keyboard on consoles. I know, I've tried them and they're mostly huge pieces of cr*p.

Desktop:     Core i7-9700K @ 5.1GHz all-core = ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate = 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3600MHz = Asus ROG Strix 3060ti (non LHR) = Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD = ASUS PG279Q

Notebook:  Clevo P651RG-G = Core i7 6820HK = 16GB HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz = GTX 980M = 1080p IPS G-Sync = Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD

I always thought the main reason for using a mouse and keyboard was for better precision, not more keys. That's why I prefer mouse and keyboard anyways.

Yes and it is the mouse aim that gives you the precision, you don't really need precision for the walking and running and such so much as aiming. So actually yes this thing even with few keys (which really aren't that few) looks 100x better for most games than the PS4 controller.

-------

Current Rig

-------

How the fuck do you play with that?

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Yes and it is the mouse aim that gives you the precision, you don't really need precision for the walking and running and such so much as aiming. So actually yes this thing even with few keys (which really aren't that few) looks 100x better for most games than the PS4 controller.

I think everyone that's complaining about this idea has completely missed the point for this product.

>PC gamers get upset because console players say a M&K is worse than a controller

>PC gamers get upset because console players finally get a M&K option

>mfw

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Just because xbox will support that sony is doing the same

The PS4 has actually supported M&K for over a year, right now I believe only War Thunder actually uses it

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

For $120 the keys better be mechanical.

I'm pretty sure most console users have never even heard of a mechanical keyboard let alone used one so why should this be mechanical when the manufacture could just rip people off?

For gaming I think this would be pretty cool. Although what if a game needs more keys then this keyboard. Is it mechanical and can you use any mouse to play games on the PS4 and XBone now or are they still wanting you to use crappy expensive controllers to play first person shooters with.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

So the PS4 is just a cheap PC that can only play games and view the web, Nice way to spend 400+ dollars 

pish. PS4 trying to copy the Master Race.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Looks nice but the $120 with that many keys. Personally I'm laying down or on a couch when I'm on a console.

Your saying what I put here will be under my posts?

PC:Rosabell

For gaming I think this would be pretty cool. Although what if a game needs more keys then this keyboard. Is it mechanical and can you use any mouse to play games on the PS4 and XBone now or are they still wanting you to use crappy expensive controllers to play first person shooters with.

you could use any keyboard and mouse with the PS4 this whole, time, hell you could with the PS3, and the PS2 for that matter, its just there is usually only one game that uses them

War Thunder on PS4, and UT3 on PS3

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

The mouse looks pretty good as if they put effort into it.

As for the keyboard.. Like someone else mentioned it better be mechanical and you should be ab,e to pick your own switch ifmtheynuse CherryMX or some other switch brand

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

I always thought the main reason for using a mouse and keyboard was for better precision, not more keys. That's why I prefer mouse and keyboard anyways.

as a PS3 and PS4 Battlefield player, i can assure you that with training and stick sensitivty set to nearly max, you can achieve just about as good precision as with a mouse.

Also, why havent people caught up on the fact that keyboard and mouse, even a 10USD keyboard, WORKS, with the PS4. Hell it even worked with the PS3 since forever.

The hardware has always had support through firmware, its the GAMES that is lacking support, and only the game devs are going to change that.

Sure, Sony may not have had a reason to force the devs so far, perhaps this will change things.

I will say though, on a unrelated note, that the Original "Wireless Stereo Headset" for the PS3, while not the cheapest, but far from most expensive gaming headset, is perhaps one of the best ive ever used. The fact that they stuffed a dual channel mic with some shoddy but functional noise cancellation is a act of genious, especailly when paired with nearly 15 hours of battery life, out of the box.

as a PS3 and PS4 Battlefield player, i can assure you that with training and stick sensitivty set to nearly max, you can achieve just about as good precision as with a mouse.

Also, why havent people caught up on the fact that keyboard and mouse, even a 10USD keyboard, WORKS, with the PS4. Hell it even worked with the PS3 since forever.

The hardware has always had support through firmware, its the GAMES that is lacking support, and only the game devs are going to change that.

Sure, Sony may not have had a reason to force the devs so far, perhaps this will change things.

I will say though, on a unrelated note, that the Original "Wireless Stereo Headset" for the PS3, while not the cheapest, but far from most expensive gaming headset, is perhaps one of the best ive ever used. The fact that they stuffed a dual channel mic with some shoddy but functional noise cancellation is a act of genious, especailly when paired with nearly 15 hours of battery life, out of the box.

Just about as good still isn't as good.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Just about as good still isn't as good.

just because you got a better tool doesnt mean you will do the job better. Everything comes down to mechanical skill, some people have it, some dont. A mouse and keyboard is no guarantee that you will win. And that is the deciding factor.

Having a gaming Keyboard + Mouse isnt even going to guarantee you that you can beat some bloke with a keyboard and mouse that cost him 5 USD on wallmart. Skill is everything, and people refuse to achnowledge this fact in fear of "not being among the skilled". Or they overhype their own abilities grossly.

just because you got a better tool doesnt mean you will do the job better. Everything comes down to mechanical skill, some people have it, some dont. A mouse and keyboard is no guarantee that you will win. And that is the deciding factor.

Having a gaming Keyboard + Mouse isnt even going to guarantee you that you can beat some bloke with a keyboard and mouse that cost him 5 USD on wallmart. Skill is everything, and people refuse to achnowledge this fact in fear of "not being among the skilled". Or they overhype their own abilities grossly.

I know skill is a big factor, that doesn't change the fact that a mouse and keyboard is more precise than any controller.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Buncha wannabes ;)

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

You can't attribute the entire difference to skill when you're not comparing like-with-like. Cross-platform play has been trialed before with different input devices and the results have been pretty clear. Put the best, most mechanically-skilled, flight-sim player into an FPS with a joystick and they're going to get trounced -- even by less skilled players -- because their ability to translate their skill into appropriate inputs is limited by the device.

"Microsoft even pitted "mediocre" PC gamers against "the best" console gamers in testing, and the results were unchanged: the keyboard and mouse prevailed. It's not clear what titles were played, but Unreal and Gears of War are mentioned."

Source Article

aaaaand its happening

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I would suggest researching every game you intend to play to make sure it:

1. Already has Keyboard + Mouse support, or

2. Plans on implementing Keyboard + Mouse support soon, with a specific confirmed date for the patch published.

Exactly. It would be a fuck-up if those games I want to play doesn't have M+K support :/

I just can't play with  controller because of disability on the lefthand. And left thumbstick is mostly used for walking or camera.

However, driving with a controller is surely very nice and relaxing. But for action based games, not really my possibility.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

I'm okay with controllers in many games. I'm fact I prefer them for many games like assassin's creed or the witcher 3. However I am utterly incapable of playing anything that's remotely fps or point and shoot with a controller. I guess it's just a mind or motor control thing but I've struggled with this for years. And god I've tried to teach myself. I'm a huge fan of the Halo franchise, but where I've finished Halo 1 and 2 on pc in legendary (several times in fact) I've barely gotten through Halo 3 / Reach / ODST campaigns in easy mode on Xbox. I just can't get it. For people like me this thing would be amazing if it's implemented well. Heck I might even pick up a PS4 and Destiny because of this :)

And before anyone comments: I know there are already aftermarket solutions allowing you to use a mouse and keyboard on consoles. I know, I've tried them and they're mostly huge pieces of cr*p.

If you have that much difficultly aiming on a controller, I suggest Inverting the Y-Axis. Basically every FPS console game ever supports this. I play Inverted when I play Console, and it increases my accuracy from "drunken" to "MLG pro Doritos breath ace bruh".

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)