Internet Data Pack

Jerombolo

So we pay 40CHF per month for a datapack of 10'000/1000, that's in megabit, isn't it? And how does that calculate to megabyte? I get a downloadspeed of 1.3 megabyte per second and I have the pleasure to reinstall my whole gaming library which is about 700 gigabyte -.- 

10'000?

Probbly in kilobits.

so  your current download speed is current of 1.3Megbytes

10'000?

Probbly in kilobits.

Yes, 1.3Megabytes

Yes, 1.3Megabytes

That is your speed.

Why are you reinstalling your library?

What was the point of this post agian lol?

Can't you get an unlimited package if your library is that big O.o

I could go to south corea... 10Tb/s I heared somewhere

That is your speed.

Why are you reinstalling your library?

What was the point of this post agian lol?

Bought 2 WD Blacks, had my games on a green

Bought 2 WD Blacks, had my games on a green

just backup and restore feature. 

and no consumer gets 10tb's

only government 

you probbly will be able to get gigabit if lucky tho.

Well, 1.3Mb/s is enough, it's just now that I have to reinstall every game again. I'll just let my PC run the whole week and let it download xD

And we have glass fibre so I have a very good bandwith. To german server in BF I have a ping of 7-8 average

10'000?

Probbly in kilobits.

How can that be? 10,000 kilobits is equal to 10 Megabits, which is equal to 1.25 MegaBytes. He cannot possibly have a cap of 1.25 MegaBytes a month (which he could exceed in less than a second). And besides usually a figure of capacity is measured in Bytes, not bits.

just backup and restore feature. 

and no consumer gets 10tb's

only government 

you probbly will be able to get gigabit if lucky tho.

Governments don't have access to that either, since I am not aware of any kind of equipment available to industry/enterprise, that can support a single line at 10Tb/s, the highest end hardware I have seen is 100Gb/s.

Comb it with a brick

How can that be? 10,000 kilobits is equal to 10 Megabits, which is equal to 1.25 MegaBytes. He cannot possibly have a cap of 1.25 MegaBytes a month (which he could exceed in less than a second). And besides usually a figure of capacity is measured in Bytes, not bits.

Governments don't have access to that either, since I am not aware of any kind of equipment available to industry/enterprise, that can support a single line at 10Tb/s, the highest end hardware I have seen is 100Gb/s.

:ph34r:  :ph34r: NSA :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

we will never know

:ph34r:  :ph34r: NSA :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

we will never know

We do know, the IEEE 802.3bm standard set this year is the highest one yet, at 100Gb/s.

The next highest one 802.3bs is set for 2017 at 400Gb/s.

We are possibly more than 5 years away from 10Tb/s being on the market.

Comb it with a brick

not actually a datapack like for a mobile phone, 

We do know, the IEEE 802.3bm standard set this year is the highest one yet, at 100Gb/s.

There are large ISR's capable of total throughputs of over 128Tbps, however this is over many, many ports and is by no means capable of that type of throughput on a single port.

Also with DWDM in use the theoretical maximum for throughput over a single fibre cable is... infinite. It really comes down to how many different wavelengths of light we can send down a single line and still split them up at the other end. Currently 100Gbps over fibre with DWDM is common and has been readily available since i believe 2012. We will see even higher speeds as technology improves, but that kind of goes without saying.

There are large ISR's capable of total throughputs of over 128Tbps, however this is over many, many ports and is by no means capable of that type of throughput on a single port.

Also with DWDM in use the theoretical maximum for throughput over a single fibre cable is... infinite. It really comes down to how many different wavelengths of light we can send down a single line and still split them up at the other end. Currently 100Gbps over fibre with DWDM is common and has been readily available since i believe 2012. We will see even higher speeds as technology improves, but that kind of goes without saying.

I've seen a video of those big glass fibre cables in the sea, the glass fibre itself is just bigger as a hair but it's astonishing how much data you can send through it. When I understand that right, data is light?

No commercial equipment out there yet, but we have been able to push over a few hundred Tb/s over fiber (in a lab).

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/192929-255tbps-worlds-fastest-network-could-carry-all-the-internet-traffic-single-fiber

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB