Best Budget DSLR Mic

Personally, I think good glass is most important. Got a MF 50 1.8 and an incredible Samyang 35 1.4 that takes beautiful landscapes! As soon as I got the camera I learnt to use manual. Thank you, Tony Northrup!

When ever I go to workshops, like the light painting one I went to recently, there were adults asking me: "How to change aperture?" "How to change ISO?"

lool... yeah... but i kinda like having nice video equipment... i really need the 50 f1.8!!  that samyang is very expensive!!!

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x + H150i Elite LCD     

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 3600MHz CL16

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro

GPU: MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC       

SSD 1: Corsair MP600 1tb (Windows)      

SSD 2: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb (Scratch Drive)   

SSD 3: Samsung 860 EVO 250gb

HDD 1: WD Blue 1TB

HDD 2: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Case: NZXT H710

PSU: Corsair TX750M

Mouse: Lamzu Atlantis Pro Mini 4khz

Keyboard: Akko 5075B Plus

lool... yeah... but i kinda like having nice video equipment... i really need the 50 f1.8!!  that samyang is very expensive!!!

It was a gift from my grandpa... He's a legend!

About the 50 1.8... probably the cheapest lens you really have to have in your kit bag.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-50mm-1-8-Camera-Lens/dp/B00007E7JU

EDIT: Found this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-FD-50mm-F1-8-Prime-Normal-Lens-with-Caps-EXCELLENT-/161773404180?hash=item25aa724014

I'd scrap that mic bro, and get this real quick before the deal ends, in three days. It is MF, but for video you should really be using MF.

<Insert joke here>

About the 50 1.8... probably the cheapest lens you really have to have in your kit bag.

yh.. its about 60£ here.. and the stm version is £100... because i do video.. the stm is very usefull to me...

wow... thats amazing! lucky you! my parents know nothing about cameras... let alone lenses... so... my grandpa is just... yeah... but he gives me money here and there... when i say i want to buy something, he gives me a bit of money towards it... like a phone... im gonna get the moto g 3rd gen when it comes out... with tescos clubcard boost deal... if its there.. (hope it will be)
he gave me some money towards it... like £100!!

that is very expensive.... also.. i would need an xlr recorder and all that... im 13... i cant afford, and wont be allowed to afford stuff like that...

That is cheap for a good mic. Key part is good. You can get xlr to 1/4 or 3.5mm adapters so no need for a xlr recorder. Something like that Zoom H1 would work just fine as cameras built in amps ruin any audio you try to put into them. Good for scratch audio though.

wow... thats amazing! lucky you! my parents know nothing about cameras... let alone lenses... so... my grandpa is just... yeah... but he gives me money here and there... when i say i want to buy something, he gives me a bit of money towards it... like a phone... im gonna get the moto g 3rd gen when it comes out... with tescos clubcard boost deal... if its there.. (hope it will be)

he gave me some money towards it... like £100!!

I can't get a phone till I'm 16...  :(

The reason my family know a single thing about cameras or computers is because I ramble about it at the table... dad hates it!

<Insert joke here>

with lights here... i cant get my whitebalance right!! even with magic lantern... i can adjust the k, but it still never comes to white!!! what is this!!!!

I can't get a phone till I'm 16... :(

The reason my family know a single thing about cameras or computers is because I ramble about it at the table... dad hates it!

haha i do that too, but they still dont know anything!! my brothers know a bit.. but when i talk to them they dont understand much lol. my oldest brother know a fair bit about computers, but i overtook him now lol hes 21!

Yh, i couldnt get a phone till now... we had an old phone.. so dad got me a sim, and then that broke... so i need a new one... i dont know how, but i managed to convince them to get me one... my brothers only got it at like 16 lol :P:P:P thats what younger brothers are good at....

That is cheap for a good mic. Key part is good. You can get xlr to 1/4 or 3.5mm adapters so no need for a xlr recorder. Something like that Zoom H1 would work just fine as cameras built in amps ruin any audio you try to put into them. Good for scratch audio though.

thats too expensive for me! im 13 man!!! £150 is waaayyy too much.. especially as its a hobby and not a job!

haha i do that too, but they still dont know anything!! my brothers know a bit.. but when i talk to them they dont understand much lol. my oldest brother know a fair bit about computers, but i overtook him now lol hes 21! 

Yh, i couldnt get a phone till now... we had an old phone.. so dad got me a sim, and then that broke... so i need a new one... i dont know how, but i managed to convince them to get me one... my brothers only got it at like 16 lol  :P  :P  :P  thats what younger brothers are good at....

:D

My dad's only concerned about how much things cost... typical  :P

<Insert joke here>

You should really check this out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-FD-50mm-F1-8-Prime-Normal-Lens-with-Caps-EXCELLENT-/161773404180?hash=item25aa724014

50 1.8 for under $20! Sure, it's MF but you should be using MF for video.

yh, but then you have to take into account, postage, and adapters....

Dad's only concerned about how much things cost... typical :P

lool, same....

thats too expensive for me! im 13 man!!! £150 is waaayyy too much.. especially as its a hobby and not a job!

Then video is not the hobby for you. Everything in video is expensive pretty much.

yh, but then you have to take into account, postage, and adapters....

Isn't it a Canon EF mount? Sorry, don't know much about the canon side... (American accent) on this side of the fence we haven't changed the mount since 1959, I believe.

<Insert joke here>

Then video is not the hobby for you. Everything in video is expensive pretty much.

not all things are that expensive! i got a tripod and fluid head for £50... that was a deal.... a mic shouldnt be too hard to find for a decent price... even £50... i guess the best option for me at that price will be the rode video mic go... but because its directional im not sure how it will pick up music...

Isn't it a Canon EF mount? Sorry, don't know much about the canon side... (American accent) on this side of the fence we haven't changed the mount since 1959, I believe.

nope, its canon fd... its old glass... lool lucky you! we have so many mounts...

not all things are that expensive! i got a tripod and fluid head for £50... that was a deal.... a mic shouldnt be too hard to find for a decent price... even £50... i guess the best option for me at that price will be the rode video mic go... but because its directional im not sure how it will pick up music...

It will pick up okay for music best you are going to get while staying cheap. The NTG 2 is a decent price... you want dirt cheap there is a difference.
A tripod and fluid head at that price is yikes. Best cheap fluid head is the Manfrotto 500 one and that is way more.

Canon FD glass is the old manual glass, They went to the EF mount when electronics came into lenses.

It will pick up okay for music best you are going to get while staying cheap. The NTG 2 is a decent price... you want dirt cheap there is a difference.

A tripod and fluid head at that price is yikes. Best cheap fluid head is the Manfrotto 500 one and that is way more. 

the head is actually very good, i wished i got a little bit better legs, but they are decent too! velbon makes a very fluid head!

the head is actually very good, i wished i got a little bit better legs, but they are decent too! velbon makes a very fluid head!

Try a 502 head and then say that again lol 

yh, i cant afford the ntg now... maybe when i get older, i can afford something like the ntg 7 at that time lol

ill probs go with the video mic go... does it have bass?

nope, its canon fd... its old glass... lool lucky you! we have so many mounts...

Adapters are like ten bucks, so with the money you intended to use for a mic, I'd buy the lens, an adapter, and pay for shipping. Ask a family member to chip in. That background blur you will get from a 1.8 is simply put: bokehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhlisious! We are luck cuz we have access to the old 50 1.2, but way too expensive.

But then again, you can'y have everything, like poor Linus :( . He can't but a PCIe SSD in his ultimate PC because of all the slots taken up by the quad watercooled Titan Xs! Ahhh, the struggle is real...

On a serious note, if you get a mic, your sound quality will improve. If you get that 50 1.8, you video will improve. But then again, you are shooting music, and music is all about sound...

<Insert joke here>

Try a 502 head and then say that again lol

haha yeah, i probs will change my mind.. but its decent... the only thing i hate is the build quality... its fully plastic... (plarstic cos thats how i say it)

Adapters are like ten bucks, so with the money you intended to use for a mic, I'd buy the lens, an adapter, and pay for shipping. Ask a family member to chip in. That background blur you will get from a 1.8 is simply put: bokehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhlisious! We are luck cuz we have access to the old 50 1.2, but way too expensive.

yh... i might just use that money to get the 50 stm...

adapters are £20...

lool my family members wont pay a penny!

yh... i might just use that money to get the 50 stm...

adapters are £20...

lool my family members wont pay a penny!

Same here! My bro won't chip in a penny to anything I want. Only if I pay him back, I guess that is a little better...

<Insert joke here>

yh, i cant afford the ntg now... maybe when i get older, i can afford something like the ntg 7 at that time lol

ill probs go with the video mic go... does it have bass?

I has some yes the best thing would be to watch this review while having you headphones on to get a good idea of how it will sound.

haha yeah, i probs will change my mind.. but its decent... the only thing i hate is the build quality... its fully plastic... (plarstic cos thats how i say it)

<Insert joke here>

Same here! My bro won't chip in a penny to anything I want. Only if I pay him back, I guess that is a little better...

haha yes, one of my bros is doing finannce, so hes charging interest if i ask lol

I has some yes the best thing would be to watch this review while having you headphones on to get a good idea of how it will sound.

my headphones are very bass heavy, and this wasnt the best test....

my headphones are very bass heavy, and this wasnt the best test....

Go find a better test, I didn't listen to it. I just did I simple google search. Before buying something go watch video reviews and listen to audio samples. 

Go find a better test, I didn't listen to it. I just did I simple google search. Before buying something go watch video reviews and listen to audio samples. 

i did have a look, but they all dont include anything to do with music...