[ Worth Buying? ] Palit 980 Ti Super JetStream

foreign

Hi,

I'm considering buying a Palit 980 Ti Super JetStream card as it has a factory overclock of 1152 mhz as well as it is probably the cheapest compared to other brands. I would prefer to get EVGA 980 Ti Classified but the price difference is around £100 ($150). I could get EK Titan X water block and a backplate which should fit Palit card for the money saved on gpu.

What do you guys think? I have never dealt with Palit therefore not sure if they are any good in terms of warranty, customer support, realiability, etc?

Link: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/6gb-palit-gtx-980-ti-super-jetstream-pcie-30-%28x16%29-7000mhz-gddr5-gpu-1152mhz-boost-1241mhz-cores-281

Thanks.

Get the MSI gaming 6G. It overclocks like a monster and even battles with my Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Extreme card.

I'm going to punch your face- IN THE FACE.

Get the MSI gaming 6G. It overclocks like a monster and even battles with my Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Extreme card.

It's a silicon lottery, brand has nothing to do with it.

Amp! Extreme has great OC out of the box but it doesn't mean it will overclock higher than any other 980 Ti, even reference...

I would like to have that horsepower out of the box as Amp Extreme card has to offer since overclocking is not my thing but the reason Im not getting it is that this card is HUGE and EK won't be making water blocks for it...

Ok, lets put it this way...

[ $800 ] Palit 980 Ti Super JetStream VS [ $960 ] EVGA 980 Ti Classified

Pros and Cons on air as well as water cooling?

What do you think?

It's not worth $160 to me to get a Classy.

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

It's not worth $160 to me to get a Classy.

I'm just not confident in Palit and it doesnt seem like many ppl are getting those cards...

It's a silicon lottery, brand has nothing to do with it.

Amp! Extreme has great OC out of the box but it doesn't mean it will overclock higher than any other 980 Ti, even reference...

I would like to have that horsepower out of the box as Amp Extreme card has to offer since overclocking is not my thing but the reason Im not getting it is that this card is HUGE and EK won't be making water blocks for it...

Well if you're going to watercool it anyway why not just get reference?

I'm going to punch your face- IN THE FACE.

Well if you're going to watercool it anyway why not just get reference?

I would prefer higher clock rate out of the box, overcking is something I will only do if necessary...

I'm still not sure if I'm going to put my PC under water and if I will it's not for overclocking in first place :)

You can't buy them in the US, just an important FYI

But if you could would you get one for this money? :)

No

Any reason behind? Can I trust Palit? :)

Any reason behind? Can I trust Palit? :)

Cause there plenty of other makers products available in USA and I know nothing of Palit because they arn't available in USA

Cause there plenty of other makers products available in USA and I know nothing of Palit because they arn't available in USA

This is what scares me the most but the price difference between this card and others is very noticable... Also, it has a nice overclock of 1152 mhz on core out of the box...

Can't make a decision.... this drives me crazy... :S

• 1 month later...

Hey, I had the same thought in mind.

I am struggling to decide between Strix 980 Ti and Palit 980 Ti...  anyone more experience on Palit in the meantime?

I just realized it is a German based company.. I am German.. but I wouldnt buy a Made in Germany flat TV either ;)

Reviews on the Palit 980 Ti Super Jet Stream a really good though..

Is there so much difference between non-reference cards anyway? I mean performance wise.. I know theres warranty etc...