[ Worth Buying? ] Palit 980 Ti Super JetStream

foreign

Hi,

I'm considering buying a Palit 980 Ti Super JetStream card as it has a factory overclock of 1152 mhz as well as it is probably the cheapest compared to other brands. I would prefer to get EVGA 980 Ti Classified but the price difference is around £100 ($150). I could get EK Titan X water block and a backplate which should fit Palit card for the money saved on gpu.

What do you guys think? I have never dealt with Palit therefore not sure if they are any good in terms of warranty, customer support, realiability, etc?

Link: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/6gb-palit-gtx-980-ti-super-jetstream-pcie-30-%28x16%29-7000mhz-gddr5-gpu-1152mhz-boost-1241mhz-cores-281

Thanks.

Heyyo,

http://forums.hexus.net/graphics-cards/204247-graphics-card-warranties-lets-see-how-good-they-really-look-5.html

Palit's GPU warranty is only two years which is a bit on the lower side of GPU warranty through manufacturers. Their aftermarket cooler looks decent.

One of the major issues I have with the NZXT G10 is the lack of proper VRAM cooling. It only cools the CPU core. After reading reviews about that? I decided to just stick with my stock cooler since it cools both the VRAM and GPU.

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

The cooler on the card isn't the best so if you water cooler it using NZXT G10 or something then it would be a superb deal :D

Well, I've checked many reviews on this card and the temp never goes higher 72C even overclocked is about the same, so, it is definitely not the hotest running 980 Ti.

Yeah, it looks like it might be a good deal since this card is pretty quick out of the box and a way cheaper, price difference can pay me a water block. However, I have no idea how reliable Palit cards are and are they good in terms of warranty...

EK Titan X water block should fit Palit's 980 Ti card as it has reference PCB

Heyyo,

WOW, Palit has a really good cooler and it DOES actively cool the VRAM. Definitely lots of respect earned for Palit's Jetstream.

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/7257/palit-geforce-gtx-980-ti-super-jetstream-video-card-review/index3.html

Heyyo,

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

Heyyo,

http://forums.hexus.net/graphics-cards/204247-graphics-card-warranties-lets-see-how-good-they-really-look-5.html

Palit's GPU warranty is only two years which is a bit on the lower side of GPU warranty through manufacturers. Their aftermarket cooler looks decent.

One of the major issues I have with the NZXT G10 is the lack of proper VRAM cooling. It only cools the CPU core. After reading reviews about that? I decided to just stick with my stock cooler since it cools both the VRAM and GPU.

With the fan maxed out, it cools VRM fine. There is absolutely no problem with VRAM. VRAM and VRM cannot be mixed up.

Also, I guess re-selling value of the Palit cards will be very low as it is not so well known brand, isn't it?

What do you guys think?

Heyyo,

The idle isn't as good that's true, but we also don't know what the fan is running at compared to other gpus when idle... but look at under load where it matters more. It ties the Zotac AMP which is a triple fan cooling solution and ties the MSI's card and also beats out the Asus Strix.

MSI has the best cooler of the bunch, don't get me wrong I agree there, but the Palit cooler does very well. I did wish they tossed in the EVGA ACX 2.0 as that cooler is so damn smexy and it's what I was aiming for if I was to buy a newer NVIDIA GPU as EVGA has been so good to me.

Also, I guess re-selling value of the Palit cards will be very low as it is not so well known brand, isn't it?

What do you guys think?

Yes and no... resell value doesn't so much matter on the brand for computer parts like it does with vehicles... It's more about the GPU model and if the cooler is non-reference. Some might look for a bigger brand name in the same price point for a used GPU, but they'd have to be stupid to pass up this GPU. :P

Most of the time too? Warranties are non-transferrable... so buying a used GPU essentially means no warranty, so that's not so much an issue.

Heyyo,

Heyyo,

The idle isn't as good that's true, but we also don't know what the fan is running at compared to other gpus when idle... but look at under load where it matters more. It ties the Zotac AMP which is a triple fan cooling solution and ties the MSI's card and also beats out the Asus Strix.

MSI has the best cooler of the bunch, don't get me wrong I agree there, but the Palit cooler does very well. I did wish they tossed in the EVGA ACX 2.0 as that cooler is so damn smexy and it's what I was aiming for if I was to buy a newer NVIDIA GPU as EVGA has been so good to me.

Yes and no... resell value doesn't so much matter on the brand for computer parts like it does with vehicles... It's more about the GPU model and if the cooler is non-reference. Some might look for a bigger brand name in the same price point for a used GPU, but they'd have to be stupid to pass up this GPU. :P

Most of the time too? Warranties are non-transferrable... so buying a used GPU essentially means no warranty, so that's not so much an issue.

Is there a serious Market for used Cards? I never bought one.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I'm not planning on buying a used one, just preparing myself for not getting a good price when selling this card in case of an upgrade... :)

Heyyo,

As far as I know, the fans of the Palit SuperJetstream don't run at all when idling. They start running at a temperature of 60°C if I'm not wrong. I'm also interessed in this card, but I never owned a Palit card and everything above 700€ is still alot just for a graphics card, so I want the best 980 Ti I can get.

As far as I know, the fans of the Palit SuperJetstream don't run at all when idling. They start running at a temperature of 60°C if I'm not wrong. I'm also interessed in this card, but I never owned a Palit card and everything above 700€ is still alot just for a graphics card, so I want the best 980 Ti I can get.

It's definitely not the best 980 Ti but might be the best option for the money as it is a lot cheaper compared to some others. This is what I'm trying to find out...

Heyyo,

Is there a serious Market for used Cards? I never bought one.

Eff yeah there is! Look at Linus Tech Tips with Scrapyard wars. Perfect proof that you can still buy a pretty darn decent unit used. ;)

You do have to be VERY careful on what you're looking for... lots of people are dumb with their prices on sites like eBay. For example, people are selling the GTX 680 for prices above the GTX 770 which is just dumb... that or people selling the GTX 780 ti above a GTX 980 lol.. but if you're patient enough? You can find stuff like a GTX 780 Ti Classified (one of the best GTX 780 Ti GPUs which can probably equal a GTX 980) for 30% less than a GTX 980 which would make it a perfect 1920x1080 with good graphics settings GPU at an average of 60fps... of course, that's if you're aiming for 1920x1080. 3GB of VRAM especially on an SLI setup might not be enough for 2560x1440 with the settings cranked.

It's also always good to reference the Tom's Hardware Guide GPU Hierarchy Chart to see where everything sits too:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

It's definitely not the best 980 Ti but might be the best option for the money as it is a lot cheaper compared to some others. This is what I'm trying to find out...

Not on sale? Yeah the Palit is a pretty good deal... versus on sale right meow? Zotac Geforce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Edition is a much better deal and has FIVE year manufacturer warranty (as long as you register the card through Zotac within the first 30 days of purchase).

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-090-ZT&campaign=affiliate/tag

That card is only on sale for this week though... it's £100 off right meow which is INSANELY GOOD! :)

If you remember from that earlier chart provided? The Zotac GTX 980 Ti Amp! edition is just as good as the Palit Super Jetstream if not slightly better on idle temps.

[EDIT1]

Oh, and apparently this guy loves his Zotac GTX 980 Ti AMP! Edition GPU more than his gf lol...

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/416794-the-980-ti-amp-extreme-is-amazing/

Heyyo,

I'll let you know on the weekend as I ordered the Palit from novatech this morning!

All the reviews I read of it were top notch and seemed like the quietest card on air cooling which was important to me.

Build Log : Red N White Army

System Specs

NZXT S340

i7 4790k

Z97 MSI Gaming 5

Palit 980 Ti Super Jetstream

16GB HyperX Savage 1866 RAM

Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD

EVGA 750W G2 PSU

Custom Cooling Loop

Heyyo,

Eff yeah there is! Look at Linus Tech Tips with Scrapyard wars. Perfect proof that you can still buy a pretty darn decent unit used. ;)

You do have to be VERY careful on what you're looking for... lots of people are dumb with their prices on sites like eBay. For example, people are selling the GTX 680 for prices above the GTX 770 which is just dumb... that or people selling the GTX 780 ti above a GTX 980 lol.. but if you're patient enough? You can find stuff like a GTX 780 Ti Classified (one of the best GTX 780 Ti GPUs which can probably equal a GTX 980) for 30% less than a GTX 980 which would make it a perfect 1920x1080 with good graphics settings GPU at an average of 60fps... of course, that's if you're aiming for 1920x1080. 3GB of VRAM especially on an SLI setup might not be enough for 2560x1440 with the settings cranked.

It's also always good to reference the Tom's Hardware Guide GPU Hierarchy Chart to see where everything sits too:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

Not on sale? Yeah the Palit is a pretty good deal... versus on sale right meow? Zotac Geforce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Edition is a much better deal and has FIVE year manufacturer warranty (as long as you register the card through Zotac within the first 30 days of purchase).

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-090-ZT&campaign=affiliate/tag

That card is only on sale for this week though... it's £100 off right meow which is INSANELY GOOD! :)

If you remember from that earlier chart provided? The Zotac GTX 980 Ti Amp! edition is just as good as the Palit Super Jetstream if not slightly better on idle temps.

[EDIT1]

Oh, and apparently this guy loves his Zotac GTX 980 Ti AMP! Edition GPU more than his gf lol...

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/416794-the-980-ti-amp-extreme-is-amazing/

That guy was refering to AMP Extreme (which is currently the fastest 980 Ti out of the box) but not AMP Edition. :) However, the problem with Zotac AMP Extreme cards is that EK won't be making any water blocks for this card but I can't imagine 2 of those cards running on air since they are HUGE... I'm not planning on getting 2 cards right now but prefer to have some room for an upgrade in future.

BTW, I was planning to get AMP Extreme for my future build since it's fast, in theory should be reliable and not expensive card until I realised there won't be any water blocks produced for it :S

P.S. Palit cards are now on sale...

I'll let you know on the weekend as I ordered the Palit from novatech this morning!

All the reviews I read of it were top notch and seemed like the quietest card on air cooling which was important to me.

WOW, it's only £510 ($790) there... really good price for it being sold in EU

P.S. I wish we have the same prices in EU as in USA... :S

I've just noticed they have it listed as 1125 mhz card which is obviously a mistake...

Heyyo,

About the VRM/VRAM cooling of the NZXT G10, you can read @Faceman's guide and his opinion on it. I'm not saying it's correct or incorrect, since I haven't tried it, I'm just saying it's worth reading IMO.

P.S. forgot to link the guide http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/233847-how-to-watercool-a-cpu-single-gpu-for-under-200-in-the-us/

CPU: Ryzen 3 3600 | GPU: Gigabite GTX 1660 super | Motherboard: MSI Mortar MAX | RAM: G Skill Trident Z 3200 (2x8GB) | Case: Cooler Master Q300L | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 250G + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Displays: LG 27'' G-Sync compatible 144hz 1080p | Cooling: NH U12S black | Keyboard: Logitech G512 carbon | Mouse: Logitech g900 

Ok, lets put it this way...

[ $800 ] Palit 980 Ti Super JetStream VS [ $960 ] EVGA 980 Ti Classified

Pros and Cons on air as well as water cooling?

What do you think?