New Keyboard

Bastian

So here's my problem:

I want a new keyboard because my current 9 years old plastic noname one is just awful...

But I don't know what to choose because there're just too many keyboards out there.

I basically want one with good build quality and backlight illumination that can last me for the next years.

I'm not a big gamer even though i saw that some gaming keyboards have really amazing features.

I'm on a budget of 60€ and the keyboard should have a german key layout.

One of the biggest Problems I've got is that I can't test any keyboards because our local stores here got only very few keyboards to test and buy.

Which means that i'm relying on yours and others reviews on the internet.

Thank you for suggestions and sorry for bad english...

:)

If you are willing to spend more money the razer black widow chroma is good at $130 USD.

If you are willing to spend more money the razer black widow chroma is good at $130 USD.

No it isn't, Kailh sucks and the Blackwidow FEELS horrible.

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames

Razer blackwidow is a good keyboard, i'm actually using it right now as i type :)

60 euro's is not a lot, especially with EU PRICES BOYS, NOT AMERICAN PRICES.

I'm from the netherlands and you just can not buy any mechanical keyboard for under 100 euro's, let alone with lighting.

If i was you, i would save up for a mechanical keyboard with RGB like a chroma series from razer or the K70 RGB.

GL

I also wouldn't recommend it, but at the price point he has nothing else to better but a few other Kalih boards

This is coming from a guy who personally dislikes Razer pricing and quality issues

well I love it.

So here's my problem:

I want a new keyboard because my current 9 years old plastic noname one is just awful...

But I don't know what to choose because there're just too many keyboards out there.

I basically want one with good build quality and backlight illumination that can last me for the next years.

I'm not a big gamer even though i saw that some gaming keyboards have really amazing features.

I'm on a budget of 60€ and the keyboard should have a german key layout.

One of the biggest Problems I've got is that I can't test any keyboards because our local stores here got only very few keyboards to test and buy.

Which means that i'm relying on yours and others reviews on the internet.

Thank you for suggestions and sorry for bad english...

:)

If you don't mind the flat keycaps, the Cherry MX-Board 3.0 might be for you http://www.amazon.de/Cherry-G80-3850LSBDE-2-MX-Board-Professional-Tastatur/dp/B00HDZSMEG/ref=pd_sim_147_7?ie=UTF8&refRID=06CETEARJYGJEMYWP2EY

Depending on the switch type it's 65-70€. You can get mechanical Cherry Keyboards cheaper than that (http://www.amazon.de/Cherry-G80-3000LSCDE-2-Tastatur-deutsches-Tastaturlayout/dp/B000NDD524/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1438005064&sr=8-1&keywords=cherry+g80) but they look fucking terrible. If you don't need the keyboard immediately, have a look at www.zackzack.de

They have 24h flash sales, and every week or so, they have a mechanical keyboard on there

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

I also wouldn't recommend it, but at the price point he has nothing else to better but a few other Kalih boards

This is coming from a guy who personally dislikes Razer pricing and quality issues

No, you can still get Cherry for only a little bit over his price point: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-keyboard-sgk4020gkcl1us

Formerly TheFlurryGames

No, you can still get Cherry for only a little bit over his price point: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-keyboard-sgk4020gkcl1us

I do have to agree, but you do realize that he's from Germany

The closer pricing would be from denmark and not the UK

So prices are closer to 100-159 euros for the CM KB

And about 70-140 euros for razer

But he could increase the budget for a cherry MX 

I do have to agree, but you do realize that he's from Germany

The closer pricing would be from denmark and not the UK

So prices are closer to 100-159 euros for the CM KB

And about 70-140 euros for razer

But he could increase the budget for a cherry MX 

He should increase it, it will last him longer and he'll thank us in the long run.

Formerly TheFlurryGames

Thank you for the suggestions. I'm not willing to spend more than 100€ for a keyboard, because I just haven't got that much money considering i'm still a student.

The MX-Board 3.0 sounds interesting but i'm not sure if it's a good choise.