Confused by DXRacer vs AKRacing

So, I'm looking for a new chair. I'm a tall guy (thin but tall, 190cm) so I decided the DXRacer OH/RF0 model is for me. However, it's not in stock on any of the available retailers in my area (Norway).

I believe it's available in Dernmark but the price was 30% higher plus the shipping was expensive as hell.

Anyway, I do have some AKRacing models available in stock in Norway (komplett.no) but I can't tell which model I want, also, the akracing official website seems to be partially down.

But, what's the deal with DXRacer vs AKRacing anyway? Seems to me they're just two different names for the same product (minus the logo and design of the outer material).

If that's the case, which is the AKRacing equivalent of the DXRacer OH/RF0 model?

Literally every racing chair is basically the same. You just mentioned 2/10 of basically the same product with different branding

So, I'm looking for a new chair. I'm a tall guy (thin but tall, 190cm) so I decided the DXRacer OH/RF0 model is for me. However, it's not in stock on any of the available retailers in my area (Norway).

I believe it's available in Dernmark but the price was 30% higher plus the shipping was expensive as hell.

Anyway, I do have some AKRacing models available in stock in Norway (komplett.no) but I can't tell which model I want, also, the akracing official website seems to be partially down.

But, what's the deal with DXRacer vs AKRacing anyway? Seems to me they're just two different names for the same product (minus the logo and design of the outer material).

If that's the case, which is the AKRacing equivalent of the DXRacer OH/RF0 model?

I cannot really help you with which chair from DXracer is the equivalent from AKRacing. But I do have an AKracing chair myself due to similar circumstances when I was buying my new chair. I ended up buying from komplett.se. The one I have is nice and comfy, the assembly was somewhat hard since due to screws not wanting to thread the "hole" it wasn't being secured. But I got it sorted quite quickly, nothing too big of an issue. The lift was working for about a year before it started to go down when I sat down. But I could simply contact komplett.se about it and someone at their office had the same issue and I got a replacement lift which is working just fine for over a year now. So I wouldn't worry too much about that either.

But that's all I have to say about AKRacing. They are quite nice, some things could be better but I do think most of these chairs have similar issues. Buying from komplett is always nice since their customer support is extremely good (at least in Sweden) so I do suggest that you buy one. Unless you really want a DXRacer one of course.

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/znZqcf

Literally every racing chair is basically the same. You just mentioned 2/10 of basically the same product with different branding

aesthetically yes. build material vary from brand to brand. some more then others.

most of the chairs on the market are clones of the Original DXRacer Chair design that they made years ago.  

You can tell by the Foot Base and chair mechanism they use compared to what DXRacer uses now.

Go DXRacer if you can. At a glance they are the better made option, IMO.

I have an M-Series its definitely worth what I paid for itself in the last year of ownership.