Overclocking fun! - Radiator in icy water

I was thinking about messing around with overclocking for fun with a g3258 and H100i cooler. I was wondering whether anyone had tried submerging the H100i radiator in icy water to lower temperatures :P

Obviously without the fans!

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

there is a reason why people dont do that, condensation.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

How would you keep the water cold

Every 10min put some more cold water in.

there is a reason why people dont do that, condensation.

Only the radiator would be in the water....

To me it just seems.....pointless, but if you really want to go ahead I guess.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Only the radiator would be in the water....

piping would create a condensation, CPU block will, basically you would have to isolate everything with thick material.

there is a reason for gigantic isolation on the piping of phase change coolers.

_COOLR1.JPG

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

If you want to get a stable overclock it would be too hard to keep putting your rad in water to cool it down every 5 mins while trying to use your computer. Just overclock it to a point where you have below 85 degree temps on full load.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

I was thinking about messing around with overclocking for fun with a g3258 and H100i cooler. I was wondering whether anyone had tried submerging the H100i radiator in icy water to lower temperatures :P

A better solution is to hock your system up to a crane that got cold water in an just let it run.

It will effect your water bill, but at least so does the water not heat up as it goes to the sink after just 1 pass.

Only on my 5960X has chilled water led to a significant advantage.  Haswell-E seems to be very temperature sensitive in my experience where you're fucked if it gets past 85C (in terms of passing stress tests, not talking about lifespan).  Every degree below ambient gives just a little bit more headroom to allow for more voltage.

Haswell and Ivy (4 cores) chilled water was kinda pointless except to make my office silent.

The radiator will probably end up rusting if you leave it submerged too long.  Before I did heat exchangers, I submerged radiators, and this was the result:

20150101_232430.jpg

The fins and chambers are copper / brass, but the casing is steel.  It's mostly a cosmetic issue though.

And if you go too cold you'll get condensation all over the base of the waterblock.  I've had my entire desktop looking like it was a rainforest in the case.  It's not fun.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)