First Watercooling loop need help please

Hello everyone,

this is my first post on the forum so welcome to you all :D

i decided to go for a full watercooling loop for my setup and since i never done this before i need your help advice for all part of this project from the case mod to the water cooling parts, Here is my setup:

NZXT H440 White (Stock fans)

Asus Maximus VII Formula (Watercooling too)

intel Core i7 4790K

GTX 980Ti MSI (non custom)

Seasonic 660W Platinum

4x4 ram Corsair Dominator 2133mhz

SSD 850 PRO 256Go X 2

(NO HDD) here i saw serval mods that takes out the hdd rack so i will do that i think since i dont use HDD and not gonna use them !

What i already own:

Pompe : EK-DCP 4.0

Embout : 6 right, 6 of 45° & one 90°

Réservoir : Phobya Balancer 150 black 

Sonde : Bitspower

Last questions:

- How much Rad do i need to watercool the Motheboard cpu and GPU ?

- I read in serval forums that the H440 case have a bad airflow so if some one can help me with this its will be great.

- do i need to change the stocks fan ? i prefear silence over performence but if there is one that do both am lestening :D

Thanks for reading me sorry for my english.

P.S : here is some pictures of my actual build

post-247427-0-38209000-1437855464_thumb.

post-247427-0-13407100-1437855507_thumb.

post-247427-0-23865400-1437855545_thumb.

post-247427-0-38209000-1437855464_thumb.

post-247427-0-13407100-1437855507_thumb.

post-247427-0-23865400-1437855545_thumb.

Well, H440 has easy support for 360 as far as I know, so that's probably what I'd use.

Don't really need more for a single GPU and CPU (the motherboard doesn't put out that

much heat). Hell, you could even get by with a 240 if you wanted to. But since you

have the space, might as well go 360, bit more headroom for turning down the fans.

- I read in serval forums that the H440 case have a bad airflow so if some one can help me with this its will be great.

Not really sure about that one as I don't know the case too well. I wouldn't worry

about this unless you get horrible temps after having put your system together.

If that turns out to be so, you can either mod the case or get a new one, but it's

not like there's some magic which will make your case have better airflow just like

that.

- do i need to change the stocks fan ? i prefear silence over performence but if there is one that do both am lestening :D

You mean the case's stock fans? Whether you need to is relative. Again,

I recommend putting your system together and then seeing if it performs as you

wish. If not, start thinking about making improvements then. Otherwise you'll

just end up spending money on things you don't really need.

Of course, if you want to change the fans, well then, nobody's stopping

you. :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Hello everyone,

this is my first post on the forum so welcome to you all :D

i decided to go for a full watercooling loop for my setup and since i never done this before i need your help advice for all part of this project from the case mod to the water cooling parts, Here is my setup:

NZXT H440 White (Stock fans)

Asus Maximus VII Formula (Watercooling too)

intel Core i7 4790K

GTX 980Ti MSI (non custom)

Seasonic 660W Platinum

4x4 ram Corsair Dominator 2133mhz

SSD 850 PRO 256Go X 2

(NO HDD) here i saw serval mods that takes out the hdd rack so i will do that i think since i dont use HDD and not gonna use them !

What i already own:

Pompe : EK-DCP 4.0

Embout : 6 right, 6 of 45° & one 90°

Réservoir : Phobya Balancer 150 black 

Sonde : Bitspower

Last questions:

Thanks for reading me sorry for my english.

P.S : here is some pictures of my actual build

Get a 360mm rad, preferably a thicker one (45-60mm) and i would mount it on the front since your mobo is pretty bulky and may interfere on the top. You will wanna change the stock fans if you mean using them as rad fans, they are not made for that, i think EK ships vardar fans with their kits, if not, any decent high SP fan should do. Finally, you are watercooling your CPU, GPU and motherboard, don't worry about airflow, you only need some residual air for the rest of the mobo but really not something i would worry about. You can add another rad if you want, that's the point of watercooling, you can custom almost everything according to what you want, if it was me i would add a 140mm rad on the rear simple bacause i like how they look  but it's your build and your money, in the end it's up to you....just...have fun! What's the point otherwise :P

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

hey guys thanks for the answers :D 

Are you sure one 360 Rad will be enough ? if so can you guys help me to get all parts that i still need ?

Thanks for the help :D 

hey guys thanks for the answers :D 

Are you sure one 360 Rad will be enough ? if so can you guys help me to get all parts that i still need ?

Yeah, it'll be plenty. We're just at the moment having a bit of a chat about rad space

over at OCN, and one guy is running two GPUs and a CPU off a 360 with his fans at 1100 rpm,

while another is running a 780 and a CPU off of a 240 without issues.

As for which radiator and other parts you still need: If I've understood right, you have

the pump, some fittings, a reservoir?

So, you'd still need: radiator + radiator fans, CPU block, GPU block, fittings, tubing at least

if I'm not mistaken.

I recommend having a look at http://xtremerigs.net , they have some pretty good radiator

and block reviews. EK seemed to be doing pretty well in the radiator department last I

checked, and their Vardar fans seem to be pretty decent too.

As for CPU blocks: It honestly doesn't matter all that much, the good ones are all pretty

close together. Pick one you like. Same for GPU blocks.

Tubing: There's hard tube and soft tubing to start with, each with their own upsides and

drawbacks, but neither really inherently superior. Obviously your choice of fittings will

also depend on this.

Figure out whether you want to do hard or soft tubing. Both are feasible, even for a

beginner, you'll probably just need a few extra feet of tubing for getting the hang of it

if you go hard tubing. Soft is easier, but hard tubing isn't impossible, just takes some

patience and a bit of practice. There's plenty of tutorials around. Aside from that you

also need to figure out how you want to route your loop, we can't really do that for you,

and then you'll know which fittings to use where (angles, 45, straight).

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

thank you so much for you advice here i tried to do my first plan sorry if a made a mistake i dont know anything in the watercoolin loop world sorry :P

i think i will go with hard tubing since its look more classy and sobre :D

P.S : i have a EK 4.0 pump , some fittings, and an alphacool reservoir yes 

post-247427-0-06427500-1437950420_thumb.

need help guys to do my order today or tommorow because i have discount in these coming days :D

P.S : the reservoir is a Phoyba Balancer 150

where is the pump?  I think it should go under the basement and you can drill a hole for the tube to go through.

yeah that what i tought to do :D 

so are my shéma correct if so can someone please help me to choose the rest of that Water part loop ?

Loop order: The one thing which actually matters is having the pump below the reservoir

so that when you fill it up the fluid can easily flow into the pump due to gravity. It's

not strictly speaking absolutely necessary, but anything else is a pain in the rear end.

The rest is just a matter of aesthetics and convenience.

As for parts: That will depend on where you buy and what is available. For radiators

you can have a look at the website I linked, see which ones perform well and if one of

those is available where you intend to shop. And as said, the Vardar fans seem to be

doing pretty well, although there are alternatives if you don't like those.

What fittings do you already have? Are they for hard tubing already? Because if not,

you'll need to buy new ones. Primochill, Monsoon, EK and Bitspower all make hardline

fittings, but they are not necessarily all compatible with each other. So you need

to pick one system and then buy the correc tubing for that.

Also, I wouldn't necessarily rush things with ordering, despite the discount. Better

if you figure things out first properly and do your research rather than ordering

the wrong thing IMHO. Ordering the wrong thing with discount will probably be more

expensive than ordering the right thing without discount. I did several weeks of

research back in the day before placing my first water cooling order (okay, I had

less help, but still, you get what I mean).

Hello guys,

Last idea parts : 

EK Water Blocks - WaterBlock CPU EK-SUPREMACY EVO - Full Nickel (Original CSQ)

Phobya - Radiateur G-Changer 360 HP (Will this fit in my H440 with the 3 Fans ) ?

EK Water Blocks - WaterBlock VGA EK-FC TITAN X - Nickel / Acetal

EK Water Blocks - Backplate for GeForce GTX TITAN X NOIR

EK Water Blocks - Liquide EK-Ekoolant EVO red blood - 1 Litre

Alphacool - 10/13mm Plexi Transparent HardTube - 40cm

Pompe - EK-DCP 4.0

FAN - 3 x EK Vadar 

Fittings - 6 right, 6 of 45° & one 90° (For both normal and hard tubbing)

Réservoir - Phobya Balancer 150 black

Sonde - Bitspower

here is my actual idea about the parts can you confirm if its good ?

For tubbing how much do i need to buy ? also i am watercooling the MotherBoard also so how much fitting do i need ? 

i dont know how to place the pompe since its not a part of the reservoir so where can i put it to get the maximum performance and security for my rig ? 

Phobya - Radiateur G-Changer 360 HP (Will this fit in my H440 with the 3 Fans ) ?

Unless somebody can personally check this, you'll need to find a review of the

case and see if they checked radiator thickness compatibility (that's usually

the limiting factor).

Can you give links to the fittings, makes it easier to check them out. ;)

For tubbing how much do i need to buy ? also i am watercooling the MotherBoard also so how much fitting do i need ?

The amount of tubing is determined by your loop layout, so I recommend taking out

a measuring tape and figuring out an approximate total length. Then add maybe 1 to

1.5 extra meters for beginner's margin when you screw up a pipe bend (I'm assuming

you're indenting to bend the pipe?). Also, if you do the pipe bending thing, you'll

need a heat gun (should be available at your local DIY store for not too much money).

Well, each block needs to fittings (one in, one out), plus the pump and reservoir,

so just count how many blocks and you should have the number of fittings. Whether

you need angled or straight (or 45) you need to figure out based on tube routing.

If you can afford it and are unsure, you can always buy a few more different fittings

to have a bit more freedom in trying out various versions.

i dont know how to place the pompe since its not a part of the reservoir so where can i put it to get the maximum performance and security for my rig ?

Doesn't matter where you place the pump with regards to performance. The one

thing which matter is that it's placed below the reservoir, as said above, so

that filling the loop is easy. But that's it.

You might want go buy a pump decoupling kit if you haven't already, something

like this:

http://www.aquatuning.ch/wasserkuehlung/pumpen/pumpenentkopplung/15991/aquacomputer-shoggy-sandwich-bausatz-zur-pumpenentkopplung-version-2.0-schwarze-ausfuehrung?c=2977

or

http://www.aquatuning.ch/wasserkuehlung/pumpen/pumpenentkopplung/12926/aquacomputer-entkopplungsset-zur-pumpenbefestigung-extraweiche-gelbe-gummipuffer?c=2977

That way, the pump's vibrations don't transfer to the case as much and things

are significantly quieter.

Looks good in general though.

Hello guys,

Last idea parts : 

EK Water Blocks - WaterBlock CPU EK-SUPREMACY EVO - Full Nickel (Original CSQ)

EK Water Blocks - Liquide EK-Ekoolant EVO red blood - 1 Litre

Pompe - EK-DCP 4.0

FAN - 3 x EK Vadar 

Sonde - Bitspower

here is my actual idea about the parts can you confirm if its good ?

For your rad it will probably fit, but that's dependent on the rad itself since they are all different sizes (for instance it NZXT says you can fix 3x120 (or 360mm) Rad in the top, but it doesn't say how thick it can be.

Your going to need 2 fittings per component (minimum this doesn't include angled adapters if you go that route).  Other then that it all looks pretty good, EK makes good stuff, just remember to double check your tubing/fitting sizes to make sure they are compatible.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Hello,

Here is a picture i just took for my fittings and also added a picture for the tubbing.

post-247427-0-91974800-1438174459_thumb.

post-247427-0-12847100-1438174463_thumb.

post-247427-0-07578900-1438174503.jpg

post-247427-0-91974800-1438174459_thumb.

post-247427-0-12847100-1438174463_thumb.

post-247427-0-07578900-1438174503.jpg

i notice that my case isn't open from the top so do i need to mod it or it will be fine event closed ? 

i notice that my case isn't open from the top so do i need to mod it or it will be fine event closed ? 

It has vent holes on the sides of the top cover, not sure if they work as good as just a normal grill on the top though.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

hope its work well :D 

so are the fitting good for a hard tubbing loop ? 

are you sure those will not fit for hard tubbing ?

I am 100,000% sure.

so i guess i have to buy another fittings what do you advice me to buy ?

yes, 2 very different types of fitting they are in no way interchangeable.

so i guess i have to buy another fittings what do you advice me to buy ?

The link I sent you a couple of posts ago are the same kind JayzTwoCents has in Skunkworks (if you know what I am talking about). You can look for others like it though. Make sure the fittings fit your tubing size though. This link has some: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=dline+fittings

Hello guys i just received my pay :P so today is the day :D

i decided to go soft tubbing because i dont have the patience either the materiel to do it and since its my first water i dont wanna miss it up !

so here my last basket:

EK Water Blocks - WaterBlock CPU EK-SUPREMACY EVO - Plexi (Original CSQ)

Phobya - Radiateur G-Changer 360 HP (Will this fit in my H440 with the 3 Fans ) Up to 28/36 cm radiator from the NZXT website ?

EK Water Blocks - Liquide EK-Ekoolant EVO red blood - 1 Litre ( I want the same color in the picture below) 

Alphacool - Souple TubbingTransparent 10/13mm (3m) (is it enough ?) ( CPU+GPU+MB)

Pompe - EK-DCP 4.0

FAN - 3 x EK Vadar 

Fittings - 6 right, 6 of 45° & one 90° (is it enough ?) ( CPU+GPU+MB) 

Sonde - Bitspower

Wich thermal compound do you advice me to but for both the CPU and GPU ?

post-247427-0-93883400-1438340923.jpg

post-247427-0-93883400-1438340923.jpg