AMD FX 8320 Temps with CM Nepton 240M

I recently installed my nepton cooler and my temps seem to be jumpy and a bit higher than i expected.

I hit between 32-40 just web surfing and its very jumpy go 32 then 40 then 35 then 41 ect is this normal temps?

what should my temp be sat on the desktop doing nothing?

and what should temp be when playing games?

can u recommend a program to use to test my CPU temps under full load?

i did just tighten the screws on the CPU with my hand i did this as i didn't want to flex my board or anything like that or should i just use a screw driver to tighten them all the way

also used pea size CM IC Essential E2 thermal paste

Case:- 4U Rack Mount Case | Cooler:- Antec Kuhler H600 | CPU:- Intel i5 4690K @ 4.50GHz GPU:- Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB AMP! Omega Core Edition @ 1449MHz | Motherboard:- MSI Z97S SLI Krait | PSU:- XFX XTR 650W Gold | RAM:- HyperX DDR3 1866MHz 4GB White (x2) Black (x2) | Storage:- Kingston V300 120GB | Storage 2:- Seagate FireCuda 1TB | Build Log |

What's your room temp? Those seems like pretty good temps for such a hot chip like the 8320 can be. Anything at or below 60 under load is pretty good btw.

-------

Current Rig

-------

It's normal for a 8320 on stock clocks.

I have a 8320 on stock clocks with stock cooler with those temps at that workload.

But have you tried disabling TurboCore and downvolting first as that would reduce temps/power consumption.

What's your room temp? Those seems like pretty good temps for such a hot chip like the 8320 can be. Anything at or below 60 under load is pretty good btw.

"such a hot chip"

Are you joking? On a 212 evo my max temp is 46 degrees. This is not a hot chip AT ALL. An 8320 starts to throttle at 70DC, these chips are extremely good at keeping heat away from where it would create problems

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

"such a hot chip"

Are you joking? On a 212 evo my max temp is 46 degrees. This is not a hot chip AT ALL. An 8320 starts to throttle at 70DC, these chips are extremely good at keeping heat away from where it would create problems

Yeah and I bet it beats a 4690k on all benchmarks too right?

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yeah and I bet it beats a 4690k on all benchmarks too right?

No? Not even close? What does that have to do with temperature? Or was that just a troll post

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

don't no room temp but i now outside temp is 16

It's normal for a 8320 on stock clocks.

I have a 8320 on stock clocks with stock cooler with those temps at that workload.

But have you tried disabling TurboCore and downvolting first as that would reduce temps/power consumption.

it just seems weird to be going above 40 just on the web im sure my xigmatek loki didn't go that high

and im now just playing a live stream watching the football and its hitting 46 max so far

what program can i use to test my full load temps?

and does anyone now if tighten the screw on the cpu part by hand is good enough or should i tighten the screws all the way with a screwdriver?

Case:- 4U Rack Mount Case | Cooler:- Antec Kuhler H600 | CPU:- Intel i5 4690K @ 4.50GHz GPU:- Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB AMP! Omega Core Edition @ 1449MHz | Motherboard:- MSI Z97S SLI Krait | PSU:- XFX XTR 650W Gold | RAM:- HyperX DDR3 1866MHz 4GB White (x2) Black (x2) | Storage:- Kingston V300 120GB | Storage 2:- Seagate FireCuda 1TB | Build Log |

Im hitting temps of 50 at 50% load surely there is something not right there?

Update:

So i took my PC apart and removed the cooler and cleaned the CPU and water block and replaced the thermal paste and then screwed don't the water block again and it seems fine now under 100% load its hitting temp of 45 so seems sorted now so it was just user error :P

That or the thermal paste on your just wasn't up to par -- in any batch there's always going to be a problematic unit... At least for you it was just a matter of fresh thermal paste to bring everything back under control

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6