HEX GEAR R40 Engineering station - Final pics on page 5

p0Pe

So those little black cable comb things on the CPU power cable, what's their actual name and where did you get them from? I want to get some individually sleeved cables for my next build, and have them look all kinds of neat like that.

So those little black cable comb things on the CPU power cable, what's their actual name and where did you get them from? I want to get some individually sleeved cables for my next build, and have them look all kinds of neat like that.

They are actually called cable combs, here's a link for you: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=701&catid=1428&subid=2884 assuming that you indeed live in London :)

And p0Pe, amazing build really stunning what you're doing!

Daaamn, those cables look so clean and sexy. You always come up with something interesting. :)

Thanks Frankie! I am glad that you like it!

DAMN...!!

Uumn.. Sorry. I don't know how to describe your build sir.

DAAAMMNNN...!!

Uumm.. Sorry again

No worries:D I think you described it quite well.

I got mine directly from www.e22.biz. They are called stealth cable combs.

They are actually called cable combs, here's a link for you: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=701&catid=1428&subid=2884 assuming that you indeed live in London :)

And p0Pe, amazing build really stunning what you're doing!

Thanks Polar_Wolfs!

Last week was very busy! But I manage to take a picture of something I have been working on for the back of the case:D

Don´t mind the blue color. That was the only fluid I had around at the time.

HeR0YPt.jpg

The milling on this thing is just perfect. I am even tempted to not even polish it, as it is not really needed.

More will come soon! :D

Thanks Polar_Wolfs!

Last week was very busy! But I manage to take a picture of something I have been working on for the back of the case:D

HeR0YPt.jpg

The milling on this thing is just perfect. I am even tempted to not even polish it, as it is not really needed.

This is one of the DAAAAMMMNNNN.... Build in the forum sir..

Sorry.. I can't help it

DAAMMNN..!

Thanks Polar_Wolfs!

HeR0YPt.jpg

is that big hole a 5 and a quarter inch bay? for.. well stuff ^^ fan controller and stuff?

This is one of the DAAAAMMMNNNN.... Build in the forum sir..

Sorry.. I can't help it

DAAMMNN..!

Haha thanks again man:D I look forward to your reaction when you see the entire thing ;P

is that big hole a 5 and a quarter inch bay? for.. well stuff ^^ fan controller and stuff?

It is actually for the I/O panel :D This mounts to the rear of the case :)

Haha thanks again man:D I look forward to your reaction when you see the entire thing ;P

what... 

that is awesome! rear mounted res? you amaze us every time Hans

what... 

that is awesome! rear mounted res? you amaze us every time Hans

It is actually not even a reservoir. More like a connection plate that will connect all the components on the rear side of the case. The build itself has a reservoir internal (which is an EK D5 x res.

It will make sense when I get it mounted:D I just need the o-rings now!

I sure do! I absolutely love the attention to detail and how every build of yours have some special machined piece. It makes my perfectionist part really happy. :D

Are you machinist or have a place that puts up with your crazy custom parts ? :D

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

ah okay i think i get it now. ^^ 

can't wait to see it!

I will hurry up then:D

I sure do! I absolutely love the attention to detail and how every build of yours have some special machined piece. It makes my perfectionist part really happy. :D

Are you machinist or have a place that puts up with your crazy custom parts ? :D

I am not a machinist, But I use a lot of time preparing parts for milling and other form of manufacturing. I am just lucky enough to have a good network of people I can trust with jobs like this:D 

Hahahaaha.. There's one thing that i want to ask u. Does hexgear have front USB and audio port? I don't see them in every hexgear picture.

Hahahaaha.. There's one thing that i want to ask u. Does hexgear have front USB and audio port? I don't see them in every hexgear picture.

There is neither front usb or audio. I do not think I have ever used that, so IMO it is perfect, and keeps the front clean.

There is neither front usb or audio. I do not think I have ever used that, so IMO it is perfect, and keeps the front clean.

Ouw... So i'll need a lot of extension if i want to buy this case.

Thanks for the info sir.

I really hope that this case will be available in my country.

Oh, one more thing, is there amy option for clear transprent acrylic and clear glossy aluminum front panel? That will be cool if it's combined with all black body

This is amazing work! I am a sucker for clean builds and this is up there.

I really wanted your case btw, but $100 pounds to ship this to Australia was too tough to swallow. Hopefully you get a big order from one of our larger vendors as the R40 is mint!

Man the attention to detail. One of my faves I'm currently following!

Love these cases! Do you guys ship to the US???

01101100 01110110 01101100 00100000 00110101 00100000 01101101 01100001 01100111 01101001 01101011 01100001 01110010 01110000 

Ouw... So i'll need a lot of extension if i want to buy this case.

Thanks for the info sir.

I really hope that this case will be available in my country.

Oh, one more thing, is there amy option for clear transprent acrylic and clear glossy aluminum front panel? That will be cool if it's combined with all black body

I personally have a powered USB hub on my desk, and I have never in my life used the front audio connectors :P

The case can be customized if you want to pay extra for it. We can do almost anything:) The case is already available as it can be shipped worldwide. Shipping is a bit expensive to some regions though, as it weighs 15 kilo.

This is amazing work! I am a sucker for clean builds and this is up there.

I really wanted your case btw, but $100 pounds to ship this to Australia was too tough to swallow. Hopefully you get a big order from one of our larger vendors as the R40 is mint!

Thanks a lot Micdeez!

As mentioned above, then yes, shipping costs a good chunk. Hopefully we can ship a bunch of cases to some retailers in the future to make it easier for you guys down under:)

Man the attention to detail. One of my faves I'm currently following!

Thanks man! Glad you like it!

Love these cases! Do you guys ship to the US???

We do! :) Shipping to the US is around 65£ if I remember correctly.

I personally have a powered USB hub on my desk, and I have never in my life used the front audio connectors :P

The case can be customized if you want to pay extra for it. We can do almost anything:) The case is already available as it can be shipped worldwide. Shipping is a bit expensive to some regions though, as it weighs 15 kilo.

Thanks a lot Micdeez!

As mentioned above, then yes, shipping costs a good chunk. Hopefully we can ship a bunch of cases to some retailers in the future to make it easier for you guys down under:)

Thanks man! Glad you like it!

We do! :) Shipping to the US is around 65£ if I remember correctly.

Freaking worth it! I may have to buy one for my next build. :)

01101100 01110110 01101100 00100000 00110101 00100000 01101101 01100001 01100111 01101001 01101011 01100001 01110010 01110000 

Ouw.. So i'll need USB hub and DAC if i wanna get this case.

Yeaa.. My country always doesn't get cool stuffs. Even EVGA isn't available in my country (i love their mobos and GPUs). Sad.. So sad..

Btw, thx for the info sir.

Can i have your teaching once my next upgrade's started sir?

Thx and regards..

what cad software are u using? are u doing fea analysis, fluid comp?? why didnt u choose to use a cad level graphics card?

Ouw.. So i'll need USB hub and DAC if i wanna get this case.

Yeaa.. My country always doesn't get cool stuffs. Even EVGA isn't available in my country (i love their mobos and GPUs). Sad.. So sad..

Btw, thx for the info sir.

Can i have your teaching once my next upgrade's started sir?

Thx and regards..

You are welcome:)

:wub:

:ph34r:  :blush:

Man I want to come to your office to see your work IRL

You would have to fight your way trough the mess :D

what cad software are u using? are u doing fea analysis, fluid comp?? why didnt u choose to use a cad level graphics card?

Solidworks, Cinema 4D & Keyshot. I do fea, but not fluid comp. I choose the 980 ti´s because I also do a bit of gaming. This pc will mostly be doing cpu intensive stuff such as rendering 3D, and video. I got another machine with a quadro that I use for the real intensive cad stuff, but for most parts, the 980 TI´s works fine unless I work in huge assemblies, or do large scale fea or other analysis.

You would have to fight your way trough the mess :D

Trust me i would fight.