Is Razer really that bad?

I've never had an issue with my past Razer products. I now own a Mionix Naos which lasted about a year and has a bad righ button. Is Mionix bad because of this? lol no. I'm defending Razer because I've had other companies products last just as long as a Razer product. Unless you've had multiple Razer products break and die on you then you're just riding the bandwagon. Razers software is genuinely good and offers a great ecosystem compared to Corsairs peripherals. 

Razer's software is terrible.  It's so terrible it actually causes me to stutter in games like Dota.  It's so bad it's almost forcing me to switch to a g502, and it might now that my middle mouse button is double clicking.

lets see (and i have owned razer products)

da breaks easily,black widow is over priced,imperator breaks easily,razer deathtalker has lots of software bugs,razer mamba is over price and breaks easily 

and i can continue......

their mouse pads are actually good but they are overpriced so.....

Same here I have the same things and I love it. The best keyboard and mouse I have ever used.

I've never had an issue with my past Razer products. I now own a Mionix Naos which lasted about a year and has a bad righ button. Is Mionix bad because of this? lol no. I'm defending Razer because I've had other companies products last just as long as a Razer product. Unless you've had multiple Razer products break and die on you then you're just riding the bandwagon. Razers software is genuinely good and offers a great ecosystem compared to Corsairs peripherals. 

I'm going to speak for my friend. He hates his Kraken 7.1's because of their mic and audio quality, his Deathadder's left click doesn't work after 4 months, and he gave his Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 to his brother because of burnt out LEDs and the lack of Red-type switches. Now on my side, my Corsair mouse was $60 and is comfortable, has 5 extra buttons (which I use, a lot) and has outlasted my friend's Deathadder by 5 months so far. I don't understand how people take so long to learn how to use the Corsair software (unless you're talking about the RGB keyboards, those take at least 10 minutes to learn to use). In fact, I prefer the Corsair software over Razer and Roccat's softwares. But, if we're talking about mechanical keyboards with colorful backlighting, then Razer is DESTROYED. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/413663-rgb-mechanical-keyboard-showdown-of-doom-corsair-k70-rgb-vs-razer-blackwidow-chroma-vs-logitech-orion-spark-vs-steelseries-apex-m800/ If we're not talking about colorful backlights, well still. 

I admit that the Naga is good however, so are their mouse pads, and that Corsair keyboards are pretty expensive, but imo Corsair offers a better peripherals, except for the Naga. The Naga is the best mouse I've ever used.

Hi.

Good mice, shittiest software I have ever had to use in my entire life.

I'm going to speak for my friend. He hates his Kraken 7.1's because of their mic and audio quality, his Deathadder's left click doesn't work after 4 months, and he gave his Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 to his brother because of burnt out LEDs and the lack of Red-type switches. Now on my side, my Corsair mouse was $60 and is comfortable, has 5 extra buttons (which I use, a lot) and has outlasted my friend's Deathadder by 5 months so far. I don't understand how people take so long to learn how to use the Corsair software (unless you're talking about the RGB keyboards, those take at least 10 minutes to learn to use). In fact, I prefer the Corsair software over Razer and Roccat's softwares. But, if we're talking about mechanical keyboards with colorful backlighting, then Razer is DESTROYED. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/413663-rgb-mechanical-keyboard-showdown-of-doom-corsair-k70-rgb-vs-razer-blackwidow-chroma-vs-logitech-orion-spark-vs-steelseries-apex-m800/ If we're not talking about colorful backlights, well still. 

I admit that the Naga is good however, so are their mouse pads, and that Corsair keyboards are pretty expensive, but imo Corsair offers a better peripherals, except for the Naga. The Naga is the best mouse I've ever used.

I liked my naga for having wireless capabilities. Thanks to Synapse, I cannot use those wireless capabilities and my wire gets caught on my desk. *sigh* macros are good tho

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

Bought the original Razer Naga and the re-released Molten version. Both died in 12-18 months. I haven't had good experiences with their mice.

Logitech G600 is +24 months and still going strong. Logitech G9 is 8 years old and still works. Simply have had better experiences with Logitech.

Well I don't know why people hate Razer so much, being a Starcraft 2 player, i bought a Razer Imperator in 2012 and it's still my favorite mouse when it comes to RTS and MOBA, never had a problem with it. But maybe it's just the imperator that's good, dunno, never tried anything else from them.
Anyway I feel like every company have their good and bad products so no point to call a compagny shitty or not :)

I've been using an Orochi 2013 edition for over a year now and it's pretty decent.  Everything still works fine and the size and shape are pretty comfortable and it's a decently lightweight mouse so it glides effortlessly.  The only issues I've had is when the sensor gets gunked up with dust but it's easy to fix by cleaning it, nor is that really an issue specific to Razer products.

All in all, I'm happy with it.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.7ghz - RAM: HyperX Savage 16GB DDR3 Memory @2400mhz - GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 3.5GB @1500mhz - Mobo: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z97 - Storage: Win10 on 240GB HyperX Predator m.2 SSD, - Ubuntu w/ Gnome 3 on 80GB OCZ Vertex 3 - 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Game Installs - 5TB mass storage - Monitor: 21:9 3440x1440 LG 34UM95 - PSU: Corsair RM 750w - Case: Silverstone FT01 - Cooling: Custom Water Loop

I've had my Razer Deathadder 2013 since... 2013. Hasn't been a problem at all and as far as I'm aware it's a top tier mouse for competitive play. I've considered getting another mouse but there really aren't any mice that are significantly better than my Deathadder.

I also have a Razer BlackWidow Classic, and while I don't regret it (because I got it on sale for $60), it does have a weird issue where it will double tap W without me actually double tapping it. This isn't annoying in gaming but considering I type quite often, it can get annoying.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I have a razer orbweaver, razer mmo keyboard and a razer mamba and I've never had issues with any of them. The only issue I've had was the thumb buttons on my mmo keyboard coming off sometimes. But that's due to me basically slamming my thumb on the buttons and hitting the edges of them. Not a design issue just I am use to the mechnical keyboards so I press till I get a clicking sound. Even if that sound is a clicking caused by me breaking something in the keyboard.

• 5 years later...

Razer is really hit-or-miss in my experience. Some products will be decent, or even good (The deathadder), and some will be just garbage (The Kraken USB...). One thing that is always the same is the crazy pricing, though.

Edit: Crap, didn't realize thread was 5 years old, saw it on the recent activity tab 😧

In real life, I act like I know less about tech than I actually do.

Main build: CPU: AMD Phenom ii X4 955 Black Edition @ 4,0GHz (Cooler Master 212) | GPU: MSI RX580 8Gb | RAM: 12Gb DDR3 | PSU: Chieftec CTB-500S  | Mobo: Asus M4A87TD/USB3 | Storage: Seagate 500Gb HDD

Yes, I'm aware my CPU is a huge bottleneck. No, I don't really care.

Laptop: Asus TUF FX505DT 60Hz 8Gb model

"Fortifications, cannons and foreign aid won't help unless every man knows that he himself is a guardian of his country"

-Carl Gustaf Emil Mannerheim

4 hours ago, SlayeTech said:

I have had 2 Razer mice, 2 Razer keyboards, and a headset. one of the mice failed in 6 months. two keys on my Razer Huntsman died within 6 months of purchasing it. The headset fell apart. Razer Synapse caused instability on my PC multiple times. There are real reasons why you might dislike Razer. I would never recommend them at this point.

I am convinced now that they make poor quality products, but are very good at marketing.

Please don't revive dead threads. If you have something new to add, please post your own thread whining about X company's build quality. Within reason as just whining about X company is considered trolling.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv