Help with replacing cable with HTPC

TheGeeker

What servuce could I use to get all the "hit" channels on a HTPC. Like discovery and bravo and e-news and Disney channel. We have TWC and I am trying to see if we can just get htpcs and replace cable. 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

What servuce could I use to get all the "hit" channels on a HTPC. Like discovery and bravo and e-news and Disney channel. We have TWC and I am trying to see if we can just get htpcs and replace cable. 

you can always put Kodi (XBMC) on your PC and get the addon for USTV NOW. you get all the basic channels like fox, ncb, abc and all that. it's a free service, you can pay a small amount monthly and get other networks.

or just skip Kodi and just stream right from the web browser as you probably would for Netflix with your current setup.

It's quite hard to straight up remove cable and still legally watch the Cable networks. The old guard still prefer that means of distribution.

If you want to get rid of your cable subscription completely, you can get some of the content most people watch from streaming services such as netflix, hulu, and amazon instant video. Also, some TV stations have website which host some of their shows on them. However, if you can't find a way to part with your cable service, you can get a HD Home Run which is a cable tuner to at least replace your cable box.

Check out Sling TV if it works for you. :)