Who is the fanatic, really? Yes, it's one of those threads again

woox

If you aren't willing to read the entire wall of text, don't bother responding. I am here to have a civilized conversation, not troll. See this as more of an article rather than a thread.

It's officially been over a month since the release of the fury x and the r9 390x. AMD has had more more than enough time to deliver proper drivers for these cards and increase their performance. As someone planning to build a gaming oriented computer in the near future, I would like to call out to AMD card owners and have them post their honest opinions on whether I should buy a 980 ti or a fury x. Why should I give up: 

Shadowplay

Geforce experience

6 GB of VRAM

Lower power consumption

Much better drivers

AMD's advertising was superb. They managed to convince pretty much everyone that the fury x was going to be a revolutionary card and even went so far as to dub it as the "titan killer". However, in reality the fury x is only as good as a 980 ti, and with the extra bonuses of the latter, is there really much incentive to buy a fury x, other than being an early adopter of HBM and water cooling? You call us fanatics for buying nVidia cards without consideration. The truth is, fanaticism is the mindless following of a specific ideology. Sounds familiar? It should, because it describes every AMD fan out there. We have every reason to want to buy an nVidia card, the ones stated above. What about you, though? That makes you the fanatics, not us. You might argue that we should buy an AMD card in order to support the company, which is at a dire financial situation (1.67 USD per stock) and avoid a monopoly. A fair point. But I am not a charity. I am not here to help a $1.3B company. I want to play video games at the best possible framerate for the money I spend. If AMD wants to attract me as a customer, they are going to have to create more competitive products, meaning their combination of quality and price has to be better than that of nVidia's, which is not the case (high bandwidth memory? more like large bus width memory, the bandwidth is only slightly higher compared to GDDR5). 

So tell me, fanatics. Why should I buy a fury x?

Whats your Cpu?

Just buy a 980Ti.

You seem to already be favoring one so there's no point in starting a potentially disastrous thread like this because it always ends in a shit fest. In all reality there's not many reasons to buy a Fury X unless you're putting it into a small, compact build.

And trust me, there are fanboys on both sides of the spectrum. You just don't see them unless you're a neutral (AKA smart) consumer.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

If I were given the choice, Id probably buy the 980Ti too, in most cases, its just better.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Need a TL;DR. I read it anyways though.

As others have said it seems like you're leaning towards Nvidia already anyways.

VERY biased at that.

You asked "why should I buy a Fury X".

Not "Which one is better price to performance"

Seriously. It's pretty obvious :^)

So again, as others have said, why start a potentially very disastrous thread when you already know what you're going to buy.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

You'll sure miss AMD when they go bankrupt and Nvidia can double their prices ;P

Unless Intel become a major player in the graphics sector, someone will probably buy them out and/or maybe even a bailout.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Unless Intel become a major player in the graphics sector, someone will probably buy them out and/or maybe even a bailout.

Yea, that's true.

Yea, that's true.

It's either that or Nvidia slows down because if they get a monopoly they'll get the hell sued out of them on anti-trust etc because monopolies are illegal etc.

Okay let's see this.

AMD is using HBM, Nvidia is using GDDR5.

Now remember back when smartphone came out, was it the best? No, because it was a new product at the time and it wasn't improved much until people learned their mistakes and fixed it. That's the case with HBM, it's a new product and people haven't been to doing much to improve it because they didn't know much about it.

And the fact they were limited to how much stream cores and ROPs they could on the Fury X anyway.

Kinda funny how you label all AMD fans as fanatics while writing that with some deeply green tinted glasses. AMD and display manufactures have gotten free-sync up to par with g-sync on one monitor so Nvidia no longer really holds that crown. Power consumption is also not major and idk about other people but I've been having frequent driver crashes for over a month now. Anecdotal evidence I know but I'll throw it in there. Thats 2, potentially 3 of your points rendered mute. Nvidia does have oc'ing as I believe the Fury still has locked voltages so their is that in favour of Nvidia. All in all a pointless thread.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Knights landing.jpeg

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.

To recommend a card we need more info. Are you 4k? What size is your build? do you want to crossfire or SLI in the future? We gotta know more because there really is no end all card in the market. Even ignoring performance as a whole some people will take a 5 fps hit for a card that looks god damn bad ass.

Ohh and BTW Nvidia drivers aint that grand either, took me a week to make an SLI set up work compared to plug and play on crossfire

Okay, you have my attention. Let's put your bias to the test.

Shadowplay - Well, Shadowplay, from what I've heard, is pretty similar for the most part to AMD Gaming Evolved app by raptr. It's likely a bit better but not enough actually make a big difference (I am saying most of the functions, if not all are the same)

Geforce experience - What exactly does that even mean? Broken hair physics? Broken game performance *cough* batman *cough*? I am really interested to know what does this even mean as I cannot fathom it being important as NONE of developers I've seen have used those words. As far as I'm concerned, that is marketing BS and does not in any way change the gaming experience. My friend's Nvidia card has it, I played Witcher 3 on his PC. I didn't feel like I was getting a completely different experience. It was absolutely the same. Simple as that.

6 GB of VRAM - well, according to benchmarks, the 4 GB of HBM are the same if not better than 12 GB of GDDR5.

Lower power consumption - In about 5 years of active use I guess my power bill would be big enough to matter (50 eu maybe?) Seeing as your budget is quite big, you probably don't give a rat's ass about power consumption and neither do your parents (I'm assuming they're paying). Don't even bother bringing this up as a reason for buying the 980 Ti or Titan X.

Much better drivers - No, just no. My friend's Nvidia card was a nightmare when he was setting up Witcher 3 - Flickering, Stuttering (860m Maxwell), lots and lots of heat (seriously, he had never seen so much heat from the lappy). In my 5+ years of using AMD cards all the way back to the 3000 series I have not had a single driver-related issue. I do not see the issue here.

And for fuck's sake follow your threads OP @woox

EDIT: I would also like to add that Nvidia cut support for the 400 and 500 series cards as well as crippled the 600 and 700 series cards by reducing performance whereas AMD still supports the ATI 5000 series, yes, ATI, as in before the merging really finished. Don't even bring up better support from Nvidia.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

If you aren't willing to read the entire wall of text, don't bother responding. I am here to have a civilized conversation, not troll. See this as more of an article rather than a thread.

It's officially been over a month since the release of the fury x and the r9 390x. AMD has had more more than enough time to deliver proper drivers for these cards and increase their performance. As someone planning to build a gaming oriented computer in the near future, I would like to call out to AMD card owners and have them post their honest opinions on whether I should buy a 980 ti or a fury x. Why should I give up: 

Shadowplay

Geforce experience

6 GB of VRAM

Lower power consumption

Much better drivers

AMD's advertising was superb. They managed to convince pretty much everyone that the fury x was going to be a revolutionary card and even went so far as to dub it as the "titan killer". However, in reality the fury x is only as good as a 980 ti, and with the extra bonuses of the latter, is there really much incentive to buy a fury x, other than being an early adopter of HBM and water cooling? You call us fanatics for buying nVidia cards without consideration. The truth is, fanaticism is the mindless following of a specific ideology. Sounds familiar? It should, because it describes every AMD fan out there. We have every reason to want to buy an nVidia card, the ones stated above. What about you, though? That makes you the fanatics, not us. You might argue that we should buy an AMD card in order to support the company, which is at a dire financial situation (1.67 USD per stock) and avoid a monopoly. A fair point. But I am not a charity. I am not here to help a $1.3B company. I want to play video games at the best possible framerate for the money I spend. If AMD wants to attract me as a customer, they are going to have to create more competitive products, meaning their combination of quality and price has to be better than that of nVidia's, which is not the case (high bandwidth memory? more like large bus width memory, the bandwidth is only slightly higher compared to GDDR5). 

So tell me, fanatics. Why should I buy a fury x?

Shadowplay = AMD Game DVR

Geforce Experience = AMD Raptr Gaming Evolved. I do admit that nVidia equivalent looks more classy but it is mostly just a skin

6GB of VRAM is mostly useless for games, with proper compression even most open-world games should use less, valid concern but not a sticking point, you have seen the numbers

Lower power consumption? I would understand if this was R9 390(X) vs GTX980 / 970, but at least tomshardware measured roughly equal power numbers for Fury X than the 980 TI (FuryX higher peak, lower average, within like 20W)

Drivers are a toss-up, neither is significantly better than the other. Actually nVidia has had pretty terrible drivers lately, there are some games that can perform worse on AMD though. The driver difference lives inside of your head.

Personally, I would also buy a (good, non-ref) 980 TI over a FuryX. That said, Fury X is not useless:

-FreeSync displays are cheaper and the technology in practical, real world application is effectively equal to the more expensive G-sync

-Smaller systems have easier time with FuryX as long as the case of your choice can accommodate for the AIO

TOP: 980Ti vs Fury X - I would probably choose 980Ti for 6GB Vram and good performance in all games. Might be good or bad choice after a year but we can't tell that today. Probably good choice.

HIGH END: R9 390 vs GTX970 - I would never in hell pick a card that is broken by design and that is the one with 3,5 gb Vram

MID END: R9 380 vs GTX960 - I would hate myself if I bought laptop-like 128 bit bus card for my rig :< Also 380 is just faster... 

LOW END: no reason to buy those cards, bad price / perf ratio

Used cards: Nvidia has gtx680, 770 that is 2GB so too low for games now, and in that price range AMD has 3GB cards like 280 280x and you can find them muuuch cheaper so that is a no brainer. 

In mobile segment I would never pick AMD :D Thermals are crucial in notebooks.

Bonus: Nvidia's support for Kepler in gameworks titles creeps me out. So the only good card from Nvidia is GTX980 that is badly priced, and 980Ti.

Driver argument: I had GTX660M, and later GTX750Ti, and R9 280x. Many crashes on Nvidia and a single 1 blue screen through 6 months on AMD. I even consider AMD drivers more stable, but worse in functionality - on Nvidia it's easier to find and change various settings like custom resolutions and stuff. 

Why you should give it up:

In all honesty, you should give it up because:

Open Source.

Why you shouldn't give it up:

Terrible Drivers

I went with AMD because it was cheaper

You (OP) shouldn't buy an AMD card, you care way too much about Nvidia to ever make the switch worthwhile.

You wanted them to produce a competitive card, and by your own admission they did, but it's not good enough for you.

The features you listed have an AMD counter part or are more negligible than you care to admit.

AMD also makes value competitive cards, but I am sure you are ignoring this since you brought it up.

Just stick with Nvidia, you will be happier there.

I've had a 660 before my 290x and I've got to say I've had more problems with the drivers on the nvidia side and none on the amd side.... That said i would still go for a g1 980ti rather than a fury x... But the furyx should have much better ocing headroom/thermals due to built in AIO that covers the vrm and the core itself!

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

TLDR: OP proceeds to imply that all AMD fans are mindless and will follow AMD in whatever to do. Basically insulting anyone who recommends an AMD gpu while making up his own reasons for them in recommending one. While also standing firmly with Nvidia and blatantly announcing his/her favouritism for Nvidia (refer to " That makes you the fanatics, not us.") Ending off with a question directed to AMD fans and leaving them to come up with reasons (to which OP will definitely ignore) to purchase an AMD gpu while already giving his/her own reasons not to, all for OP's own entertainment and amusement.

Pretty sadistic and twisted I must say. Wouldn't want you to be an AMD fan or a fan of anything for that matter.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

The OP lists lower power consumption as an advantage for the 980 ti? This is one of the most power hungry hot running cards ever, if it does draw less than a Fury X it isn't by much, and it runs a hell of a lot hotter and louder. Reviews Ive seen show the 980 ti drawing more power while running Furmark. This Forum has countless examples of 980 ti owners disturbed by how hot the card runs and amazed at how much heat it kicks out. If nothing else the Fury X has the far superior cooling solution, and it seems to be about equal at 4k, and seems to scale better in crossfire.

Anyway it sounds like your mind is made up. If you want the 980 ti go for it, just don't expect power consumption to be some big advantage. If anything its a liability for Nvidia with this card.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

I must make correctionz

6 GB of VRAM - well, according to benchmarks, the 4 GB of HBM are the same if not better than 12 GB of GDDR5.

Much better drivers - No, just no. My friend's Nvidia card was a nightmare when he was setting up Witcher 3 - Flickering, Stuttering (860m Maxwell), lots and lots of heat (seriously, he had never seen so much heat from the lappy). In my 5+ years of using AMD cards all the way back to the 3000 series I have not had a single driver-related issue. I do not see the issue here.

AMD still supports the ATI 5000 series, yes, ATI, as in before the merging really finished. Don't even bring up better support from Nvidia.

LOL. NO. Not even close. Don't even begin to joke with that. 30% faster bandwidth is not even NEARLY going to touch 6GB, far less 12GB, when vRAM itself is the bottleneck. Memory bandwidth bottlenecks and vRAM bottlenecks are two very very different things, and while more memory bandwidth can potentially help a vRAM bottleneck a little bit, it in no way makes vRAM stretch. There's other limitations too, such as RAM, Storage and Virtual memory from which bottlenecks can happen in even giving data to the card to put into vRAM. Make no mistake: 4GB of HBM compared to stock (far less slightly overclocked) 384-bit mem bus GDDR5 on maxwell cards is not going to overcome any size limitations.

nVidia drivers have been broken for the last few months, I'll be the first to admit that. 353.06 is the largest beginning problem driver and every driver after it has been problematic as well. That being said, despite the recent brokenness, nVidia drivers for the most part worked perfectly and had very regular updates. AMD does not, and often users have to wait a bit more to get driver boosting performance in new games. I'm not saying that AMD drivers themselves suck, however they aren't nearly perfect and could do with more work. If nVidia cleans up their act and returns to how they were around 345.20 and 347.88, then AMD will indeed have quite a bit of work to do. On the other hand, I've seen MANY AMD driver issues throughout the years with other people using AMD cards (not myself; I've only had Intel and nVidia personally) and had to help them fix a lot of issues that they don't even know how it came to be (and from what I could tell, they did nothing wrong). Please understand that if you're an advanced user you might circumvent/fix/avoid many issues with AMD drivers than you might understand because it's second nature to you.

I have seen evidence against this, actually, where they stopped giving driver updates/support for some 6000 series products even, even though they've mostly iterated on their 7000 series for the most part for the last few years (meaning it's not exactly like that's 3 or 4 gens behind). Maybe the 5000 series' desktop flagships still have support; I don't know. But there's people who have to force newer drivers to work and jump through some hoops for updates with more recent cards than the 5000 desktop series.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

I wish I bought a Fury X instead of my G1 sometimes because it really doesn't fit in my ITX case...

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

I must make correctionz

LOL. NO. Not even close. Don't even begin to joke with that. 30% faster bandwidth is not even NEARLY going to touch 6GB, far less 12GB, when vRAM itself is the bottleneck. Memory bandwidth bottlenecks and vRAM bottlenecks are two very very different things, and while more memory bandwidth can potentially help a vRAM bottleneck a little bit, it in no way makes vRAM stretch. There's other limitations too, such as RAM, Storage and Virtual memory from which bottlenecks can happen in even giving data to the card to put into vRAM. Make no mistake: 4GB of HBM compared to stock (far less slightly overclocked) 384-bit mem bus GDDR5 on maxwell cards is not going to overcome any size limitations.

nVidia drivers have been broken for the last few months, I'll be the first to admit that. 353.06 is the largest beginning problem driver and every driver after it has been problematic as well. That being said, despite the recent brokenness, nVidia drivers for the most part worked perfectly and had very regular updates. AMD does not, and often users have to wait a bit more to get driver boosting performance in new games. I'm not saying that AMD drivers themselves suck, however they aren't nearly perfect and could do with more work. If nVidia cleans up their act and returns to how they were around 345.20 and 347.88, then AMD will indeed have quite a bit of work to do. On the other hand, I've seen MANY AMD driver issues throughout the years with other people using AMD cards (not myself; I've only had Intel and nVidia personally) and had to help them fix a lot of issues that they don't even know how it came to be (and from what I could tell, they did nothing wrong). Please understand that if you're an advanced user you might circumvent/fix/avoid many issues with AMD drivers than you might understand because it's second nature to you.

I have seen evidence against this, actually, where they stopped giving driver updates/support for some 6000 series products even, even though they've mostly iterated on their 7000 series for the most part for the last few years (meaning it's not exactly like that's 3 or 4 gens behind). Maybe the 5000 series' desktop flagships still have support; I don't know. But there's people who have to force newer drivers to work and jump through some hoops for updates with more recent cards than the 5000 desktop series.

Thank you for the reply and for being reasonable and actually having a conversation rather than a flame war.

As for memory, I cannot remember the numbers on top of my head and while I do agree that 4 gigs is a bit low, @ 1080p and 1440p it should really be no problem as stated by reviewers but I may be wrong. Haven't tried it therefore I cannot say for sure.

As for drivers, I seem to rememeber my old old old 5670 having a driver update not too long ago. I'll have to ask the girl who bought it but I believe it did and the 6850 I use to own had updates less than a month ago so I'd digress about the dropped support for Terra Scale. As for driver stability, I am not sure what to say but I haven't really been doing anything spectacular to avoid the issues. Just overlap new driver over old driver, I don't even bother to remove them and I still have a solid experience. The reason most people I've seen complain is probably because they use the CD that comes bundled. I know I've had issues with bundled CD drivers so recently I let the OS detect new stuff and if it doesn't I use the site. I personally haven't seen driver issues for either Nvidia nor AMD but I do know that people are complaining about their cards underperforming as of lately and this begs the question: "What is stopping Nvidia from screwing over the 900 series when the HBM cards roll out? Why would they want to support them? I can almost guarantee that Kepler will be killed off once the 1000 series kicks off and not long after that Maxwell will follow. I am simply afraid of Nvidia's plans at the moment as they seem to be going quite the evil route, hence why I prefer to use AMD, while the company is in no way near good shape, it's not trying to screw over it's consumers who are content with their 7870, 6990, 5870 or other card so as to force them into buying a Fury.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I wanna buy AMD cause it has much better performance for price but their Linux support is still... :(

Lake-V-X6-10600 (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9190pts | R23 score SC: 1302pts

R20 score MC: 3529cb | R20 score SC: 506cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: Intel Core i5-10600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.4/4.8GHz, 13,5MB cache (Intel 14nm++ FinFET) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B460 PLUS, Socket-LGA1200 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W / RAM A1, A2, B1 & B2: DDR4-2666MHz CL13-15-15-15-35-1T "Samsung 8Gbit C-Die" (4x8GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Storage 5: Crucial P1 1000GB M.2 SSD/ Storage 6: Western Digital WD7500BPKX 2.5" HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter (Qualcomm Atheros)

Zen-II-X6-3600+ (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9893pts | R23 score SC: 1248pts @4.2GHz

R23 score MC: 10151pts | R23 score SC: 1287pts @4.3GHz

R20 score MC: 3688cb | R20 score SC: 489cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.2/4.2GHz, 35MB cache (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Display: HP 24" L2445w (64Hz OC) 1920x1200 / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 6600 XT DUAL OC RDNA2 32CUs @2607MHz (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4, Socket-AM4 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W / RAM A2 & B2: DDR4-3600MHz CL16-18-8-19-37-1T "SK Hynix 8Gbit CJR" (2x16GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Storage 5: Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 NVME SSD / Wi-fi & Bluetooth: ASUS PCE-AC55BT Wireless Adapter (Intel)

Vishera-X8-9370 | R20 score MC: 1476cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Case Fan VRM: SUNON MagLev KDE1209PTV3 92mm / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: AMD FX-8370 (Base: @4.4GHz | Turbo: @4.7GHz) Black Edition Eight-Core (Global Foundries 32nm) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING, Socket-AM3+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz CL8-10-10-28-37-2T (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN951N 11n Wireless Adapter

Godavari-X4-880K | R20 score MC: 810cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 95w Thermal Solution / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 880K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Display: HP 19" Flat Panel L1940 (75Hz) 1280x1024 / GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC 2GB (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI A78M-E45 V2, Socket-FM2+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: SK hynix DDR3-1866MHz CL9-10-11-27-40 (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) / Operating System 2: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter

Acer Aspire 7738G custom (changed CPU, GPU & Storage)
Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600, 2-cores, 2-threads, 2.4GHz, 3MB cache (Intel 45nm) / GPU: ATi Radeon HD 4570 515MB DDR2 (T.S.M.C. 55nm) / RAM: DDR2-1066MHz CL7-7-7-20-1T (2x2GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Storage: Crucial BX500 480GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5" SSD

Complete portable device SoC history:

Spoiler
Apple A4 - Apple iPod touch (4th generation)
Apple A5 - Apple iPod touch (5th generation)
Apple A9 - Apple iPhone 6s Plus
HiSilicon Kirin 810 (T.S.M.C. 7nm) - Huawei P40 Lite / Huawei nova 7i
Mediatek MT2601 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TicWatch E
Mediatek MT6580 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TECNO Spark 2 (1GB RAM)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (orange)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (yellow)
Mediatek MT6735 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - HMD Nokia 3 Dual SIM
Mediatek MT6737 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - Cherry Mobile Flare S6
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (blue)
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (gold)
Mediatek MT6750 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - honor 6C Pro / honor V9 Play
Mediatek MT6765 (T.S.M.C 12nm) - TECNO Pouvoir 3 Plus
Mediatek MT6797D (T.S.M.C 20nm) - my|phone Brown Tab 1
Qualcomm MSM8926 (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE
Qualcomm MSM8974AA (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Blackberry Passport
Qualcomm SDM710 (Samsung 10nm) - Oppo Realme 3 Pro