AMD acknowledges 390 series crashes, looking into it

zMeul

So, what was the GTX 770 then? I'm just curious.

I wouldn't have asked that question if I were you. Last time i did, I was showered in more straws than I could handle.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Your own personal experience is anecdotal. You only came up with the data AFTERWARDS, when I said it was anecdotal. How do you not get this.

Also in an earlier post you said 'We're not talking about Nvidia are we?' that there says enough. Both are having problems but you choose to single out AMD for some reason?.... I hope you're not implying that you're going to make another separate thread for Nvidia's side, would be cluttering a bit.

He likes getting as much attention as possible in his threads, so they tend to be about topics which will lead to some sort of flame war.

So, what was the GTX 770 then? I'm just curious.

A 680 with a shiny new name. As I've ranted about before on this forum.

Given everything I've said about the 770 and most of the 200 series in the past, however, they have one major difference from the 300 series, and that's that the rebranded cards always came back as a lower tier than they were originally. The 300 series is a largely like-for-like rehash apart from the 265 which went up a tier this time around.

Why are we still arguing about f***ing names? The name is just representative for the tier that a card belongs to. People might be fooled by specs..like GT 730 4GB WOW, but names?

I think AMD was right to rename the cards and go to 3xx series. Here's why:

In the 2xx series we had... 240, 250, 250x, 260, 260x, 270, 270x, 280, 280x, 290, 290x, 295x2...see the pattern?

The "new GPUs" deliver, and they are clearly doing better than their predecessors.

So Imagine what would've been if AMD stuck with the 200 names.

Something like 270XT(370), 280XT(380),290XT(390),290XXT(390X) would have created such a confusion among users...

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

yes you are wrong because the data is composed of so-called anecdotal cards that were RMAd - maybe it's a joke and 280X actually doesn't have any issues at all

this is a joke too, yes?

asBF5wB.png

as for nVidia, there was a topic opened for that exact purpose, you're very free to post there

Oh my god how clear do want me to be, you Raving lunatic.

I am not disputing the evidence. I said your own experience was anecdotal. Afterwards you provided evidence.

But by all means keep derping and fanboying

But by all means keep derping and fanboying

Uh oh...the word has been spoken...the Gates of Hell are now open...

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

He likes getting as much attention as possible in his threads, so they then to be about topics which will lead to some sort of flame war.

Yeah, kind of got that with his use of !? And looking at his post history.

Also one of the reasons I an leaving the forum today

Why are we still arguing about f***ing names? The name is just representative for the tier that a card belongs to. People might be fooled by specs..like GT 730 4GB WOW, but names?

I think AMD was right to rename the cards and go to 3xx series. Here's why:

In the 2xx series we had... 240, 250, 250x, 260, 260x, 270, 270x, 280, 280x, 290, 290x, 295x2...see the pattern?

The "new GPUs" deliver, and they are clearly doing better than their predecessors.

So Imagine what would've been if AMD stuck with the 200 names.

Something like 270XT(370), 280XT(380),290XT(390),290XXT(390X) would have created such a confusion among users...

Like I've already said, the best thing for them to do would have been for Fiji to be in the 390/X and to not bother re-releasing the 290/X at all.

And the less said about the 380 and the 370 the better.

Uh oh...the word has been spoken...the Gates of Hell are now open...

Well I don't care, I am leaving, like, never coming back :D

Had enough of the forum-life, especially this forum.

Given everything I've said about the 770 and most of the 200 series in the past, however, they have one major difference from the 300 series, and that's that the rebranded cards always came back as a lower tier than they were originally. The 300 series is a largely like-for-like rehash apart from the 265 which went up a tier this time around.

You know, I thought that at first too, but then I realized that it's not 100% true. Basically, it seems that the tiers themselves were moved down for the Fury/Nano line. The 370 is the biggest indicator of this; while the 270 was an R9 card, the 370 is an R7 card. It seems like a poorly done naming scheme shift.

You know, I thought that at first too, but then I realized that it's not 100% true. Basically, it seems that the tiers themselves were moved down for the Fury/Nano line. The 370 is the biggest indicator of this; while the 270 was an R9 card, the 370 is an R7 card. It seems like a poorly done naming scheme shift.

The pricing hasn't changed. The Fury X didn't take the price point of the 290X. The 390X did that. The Fury X takes the price point of the 780 Ti/980 Ti which is a decent amount more.

It's not just you thinking it, it is a fact. I've listened to the most amazing mental gymnastics and they've all failed to explain how the 390 and 390x aren't lower tier when the Fury and Fury X exist. They keep saying it like there is some written rule somewhere (or maybe it is written and they still don't want to tell me their source) that since the 290 and 290x were their flagship last series, every series from now on has to have x90 as their flagship.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

The pricing hasn't changed. The Fury X didn't take the price point of the 290X. The 390X did that. The Fury X takes the price point of the 780 Ti/980 Ti which is a decent amount more.

Ah yes, still implying that their price should be based on sale prices of old products. Tell me, what were the launch prices for the 290 and 290x and with what specs did they launch at those prices?

Ah yes, still implying that their price should be based on sale prices of old products. Tell me, what were the launch prices for the 290 and 290x and with what specs did they launch at those prices?

Go and read the post I was replying to, and then apologise for being an idiot.  :rolleyes:

Uh... No? The Fury took that pricepoint. The 390X is closer to the 290 launch price.

Well not really though. The r7 265 was the fastest of the r7 line. It became the r7 370 which is still the fastest of the r7 line. It just kinda stayed in its place  :lol:

Well I don't care, I am leaving, like, never coming back :D

Had enough of the forum-life, especially this forum.

Wait.... Don't go... :/

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Uh... No? The Fury took that pricepoint. The 390X is closer to the 290 launch price.

The 290X launched at around £400, it was halfway between the 780 and 780 Ti. The 980 Ti costs £550 give or take and the Fury X matches it. That puts the Fury X at about £100 more expensive than the 290X was.

Well not really though. The r7 265 was the fastest of the r7 line. It became the r7 370 which is still the fastest of the r7 line. It just kinda stayed in its place  :lol:

Unfortunately, however, it is the direct replacement of the 270. It's not as powerful as a 270.

Go and read the post I was replying to, and then apologise for being an idiot.  :rolleyes:

It's irrelevant what you were responding to, when you respond with erroneous information.

It's irrelevant what you were responding to, when you respond with erroneous information.

OK then. You know what, I can't be bothered to argue with someone who thinks it's "erroneous" to say that a 390 is generally more expensive than a 380 and that that's how tiered pricing works. If you are so obstinately stupid to not bother to read what a comment was in reference to before saying something as mind-numbingly stupid as what you just did, I'm not going to sit here and teach you how to count.

OK then. You know what, I can't be bothered to argue with someone who thinks it's "erroneous" to say that a 390 is generally more expensive than a 380 and that that's how tiered pricing works. If you are so obstinately stupid to not bother to read what a comment was in reference to before saying something as mind-numbingly stupid as what you just did, I'm not going to sit here and teach you how to count.

No, what you're saying, including this response where the 380 comes out of nowhere is ridiculously incoherent.

Please clarify how the 390x took the 290x pricepoint.

The 290X launched at around £400, it was halfway between the 780 and 780 Ti. The 980 Ti costs £550 give or take and the Fury X matches it. That puts the Fury X at about £100 more expensive than the 290X was.

And your point is...? Again, the Fury (non-X since i think that's where you're confused) took the price point of the 290X and moved everything else down.

And your point is...? Again, the Fury (non-X since i think that's where you're confused) took the price point of the 290X and moved everything else down.

He's gotten a little better since the last time when he was claiming there was actually a price hike with the 390 and 390x.

He's gotten a little better since the last time when he was claiming there was actually a price hike with the 390 and 390x.

Well, that's actually true based on pricing at the time of the 300-series release. That would count as a price hike. However, launch pricing is what's relevant in this specific conversation.

The Fury is £460. That's approaching 780 Ti territory

No, what you're saying, including this response where the 380 comes out of nowhere is ridiculously incoherent.

Please clarify how the 390x took the 290x pricepoint.

290X = £400

390X = £350

Is that all the money you expect to save after a product has been out for nearly two years? £50? That is only comparing launch prices, if you compare the cost at the point of purchase a month ago compared with now you are paying £100 extra. Such value!

meh.. must be a driver issue (just like Nvidia's... thank god they released a hotfix)

AMD's not stupid enough to release a broken product

Bulldozer was for all intents and purposes broken.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd