No internet functions working + Lag on startup *desperate*

Hiya. 

I've come to this forum as I am desperately running out of time to resolve my problem. I've tried many forums with no success. Please, please, post if you think there is even the slightest possibility that what you have to say might work. 

Also, I would appreciate it if you could read this post in its entirety, so you can see what the issue is, what I've done, etc. instead of just skimming over it. 

Once my computer finishes booting and lands on the desktop, it takes another minute or two to load all programs and the internet sometimes won't even work until then. The first program to load is GeForce Experience, if that helps. 

Everything used to load up properly and nearly immediately. 

I've been desperately trying to fix this extremely annoying issue. 

Also, I've re-installed my operating system twice today and installed the MSI motherboard drivers and on the first OS installation none of the wireless, ethernet or bluetooth drivers worked, even when downloading their newest driver on my phone, moving it to my computer and installing it. On the second OS installation, only the ethernet driver worked. I've reseated everything but the CPU in my computer, even the wireless Killer AC 1525 that comes with my MSI X99s Gaming 9 ACK. 

What I've tried: 

Moving USB devices to other ports

Unplugging ALL USB devices (yes, mouse and keyboard included) and even the ethernet cable out of desperation

Wiping all drives and re-installing Windows 8.1 64-bit and installing all Windows updates before doing anything else besides installing motherboard drivers

Re-installing OS + formatting drives 3 times

Re-seating all drives and GPU. 

This is really upsetting me. I've put loads of effort into this 2-month old custom build and I'm not able to enjoy it. 

I need it to work as fast as possible as I need it for school reasons. 

Thank you VERY much for any help. 

EXTRA INFO: 

Samsung 850 Pro 256GB for OS 

MSI X99S Gaming 9 ACK Motherboard 

Hiya. 
I've come to this forum as I am desperately running out of time to resolve my problem. I've tried many forums with no success. Please, please, post if you think there is even the slightest possibility that what you have to say might work. 
Also, I would appreciate it if you could read this post in its entirety, so you can see what the issue is, what I've done, etc. instead of just skimming over it. 

I've been desperately trying to fix this extremely annoying issue. 
Once my computer finishes booting and lands on the desktop, it takes another minute or two to load all programs and the internet sometimes won't even work until then. The first program to load is GeForce Experience, if that helps. 
Everything used to load up properly and nearly immediately. 

Also, I've reset my computer twice today and installed the MSI motherboard drivers and on the first OS installation none of the wireless, ethernet or bluetooth drivers worked, even when downloading their newest driver on my phone, moving it to my computer and installing it. On the second OS installation, only the ethernet driver worked. I've reseated everything but the CPU in my computer, even the wireless Killer AC 1525 that comes with my MSI X99s Gaming 9 ACK. 

What I've tried: 
Moving USB devices to other ports
Unplugging ALL USB devices (yes, mouse and keyboard included) and even the ethernet cable out of desperation
Wiping all drives and re-installing Windows 8.1 64-bit and installing all Windows updates before doing anything else besides installing motherboard drivers
Re-installing OS 3 times
Re-seating all drives and GPU. 

This is really upsetting me. I've put loads of effort into this 2-month old custom build and I'm not able to enjoy it. 
I need it to work as fast as possible as I need it for school reasons. 

Thank you VERY much for any help.

Hard drive issue? Also welcome to the forum and please remember to follow your own topics.

I'm a student currently attending the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, if you attend or around there please don't hesitate to contact me!

Mudkip: CPU: i5-4670k; Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo; Memory: 16GBs Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz; Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD5H; GPU: ASUS DCUII 770 2GB @ 1254MHz; HDD: Seagate Barracude 1TB; PSU: CX750M; Case: ThermalTake A31 Chaser Thunder

Same problem here, I got my Windows 8.1 on a Samsung 830 SSD (which does exactly 400Mb/s in benchmarks) and I have to wait 5 minutes after start-up before I can do something.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

does it crash when you try to open anything.

i've had a problem like this and there is no fix to it rip :(

try formating your drive or getting a new mobo

Thanks for the reply. 

On the slow boots, it will sometimes crash the applications I launch during its crysis period. I should probably also add that this is a practically brand new motherboard. 

Also, every time I reset the OS I would format the drive I was installing it on. 

Thanks for the reply. 

On the slow boots, it will sometimes crash the applications I launch during its crysis period. I should probably also add that this is a practically brand new motherboard. 

Also, every time I reset the OS I would format the drive I was installing it on. 

for now try to format your drive and do a clean wipe and a clean install of windows 

it will work for a while but if it breaks and that happens again. just get a new mobo

Hard drive issue? Also welcome to the forum and please remember to follow your own topics.

Thanks for the reply and welcome. I've formatted the drive every time I re-installed the OS. 

revert geforce experience to the previous version, or just plain uninstall it, there's a big problem with this patch causing horrific startups

Thanks for the reply. I will try this. Any idea for the rest of the stuff though?

Same problem here, I got my Windows 8.1 on a Samsung 830 SSD (which does exactly 400Mb/s in benchmarks) and I have to wait 5 minutes after start-up before I can do something.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Good to know I'm not the only one. 

**I've added some more info about my computer at the bottom of the original post.**

I know for a FACT my hard drive is going (runs super hot.. Beeps at me.. And does the same thing when loading windows), takes forever to load the desktop and another 3-4 mins to load things such as WiFi.. I would suggest doing a hardware test to confirm the issue being your hard drive before going out and buying a new one, but I'm fairly sure that is your issue

I know for a FACT my hard drive is going (runs super hot.. Beeps at me.. And does the same thing when loading windows), takes forever to load the desktop and another 3-4 mins to load things such as WiFi.. I would suggest doing a hardware test to confirm the issue being your hard drive before going out and buying a new one, but I'm fairly sure that is your issue

I will be so happy when my next build will have 0 HDD's. Who needs them anyway now?

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

OP, just try getting rid of geforce experience and see if it helps

I've just done that and it's faster now. I still have the bluetooth, wi-fi and ethernet issue. 

I can't use my bluetooth speakers! :(

I will be so happy when my next build will have 0 HDD's. Who needs them anyway now?

Me when my free asus laptop came with a free dead 750gb HDD, so I had to put a free 80gb for my boot drive cause I'm poor... Lol 80gb dying boot HDD and a 1TB USB storage drive.. Good thing my free laptop came with an extra free hard drive bay (dual drives in laptop).. Did I mention the word free.. xD can't really turn it down.. But dual SSD will be coming soon..

Me when my free asus laptop came with a free dead 750gb HDD, so I had to put a free 80gb for my boot drive cause I'm poor... Lol 80gb dying boot HDD and a 1TB USB storage drive.. Good thing my free laptop came with an extra free hard drive bay (dual drives in laptop).. Did I mention the word free.. xD can't really turn it down.. But dual SSD will be coming soon..

Just get a desktop man...

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Just get a desktop man...

I'm fucking working on it shush [emoji14] ordering more parts next week :) but the craptop has to last until I am at the build stage..

The same thing happened to me this very week. I checked up pretty much everything: boot logs, system events, Kaspersky, Malwarebytes, system services... but it didn't help. Then I checked if my temps were ok and noticed my cup was running a little hot. I then checked the thermal compound and reseated the cup and... Dropped a freaking screwdriver on the cpu socket and destroyed some pins there. RIP Asus z97-pro. Anyways, I got a shiny new Asus Z97-ws and the problem was still there. I then did a clean install of 8.1 and by the time I finished installing all of my software, I rebooted and I still had the system hanging for a minute or so right when it was loading my programs.

Then I did another clean install by creating restore points after every single operation and... I didn't manage to find my culprit. I did notice that my shiny new GTX 980 Ti was running pretty darn hot at idle so I thought: why not try to boot using the Intel HD Apu just in case. And it actually solved my problem. I tried to reboot a couple times and it seems like the issue is gone. I then called my online retailer to get it RMA'd and I just shipped this morning.

I hope this helps!

I forgot to mention I'm on WIN7 soo 8.1 is probs not the issue ;)

Have you made sure to install all the drivers from the cd that comes with the mother board? 

The same thing happened to me this very week. I checked up pretty much everything: boot logs, system events, Kaspersky, Malwarebytes, system services... but it didn't help. Then I checked if my temps were ok and noticed my cup was running a little hot. I then checked the thermal compound and reseated the cup and... Dropped a freaking screwdriver on the cpu socket and destroyed some pins there. RIP Asus z97-pro. Anyways, I got a shiny new Asus Z97-ws and the problem was still there. I then did a clean install of 8.1 and by the time I finished installing all of my software, I rebooted and I still had the system hanging for a minute or so right when it was loading my programs.

Then I did another clean install by creating restore points after every single operation and... I didn't manage to find my culprit. I did notice that my shiny new GTX 980 Ti was running pretty darn hot at idle so I thought: why not try to boot using the Intel HD Apu just in case. And it actually solved my problem. I tried to reboot a couple times and it seems like the issue is gone. I then called my online retailer to get it RMA'd and I just shipped this morning.

I hope this helps!

Wait, so the culprit was the 980 Ti? I just got it yesterday after 2 months of waiting. For me, uninstalling GeForce experience solved the issue; it's a known and acknowledged bug on the latest version of GeForce experience. 

Have you made sure to install all the drivers from the cd that comes with the mother board? 

Yes, several times. 

hmm my PC also boots a bit slow , takes some time on the logon screen + after that ,a black screen for about 20 sec, idk whats wrong , this started happening recently, but after that everything is normal

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

hmm my PC also boots a bit slow , takes some time on the logon screen + after that ,a black screen for about 20 sec, idk whats wrong , this started happening recently, but after that everything is normal

Run sfc /scannow and post the results. 

Do a malwarebytes full scan and tell me the results. 

Boot into safe mode and see if the issue still persists. 

I think a recent problem with an update might've caused this, I'm having some problems as well with boot up speed.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

I think a recent problem with an update might've caused this, I'm having some problems as well with boot up speed.

If you're talking about GeForce experience, then yeah, it's a known issue now. I believe they are working on it. 

Oh, and another tasty bump. MSI's told me to send the MOBO back but, as you all (should) know, one cannot game without a motherboard! Halp!

If you're talking about GeForce experience, then yeah, it's a known issue now. I believe they are working on it.

Oh, and another tasty bump. MSI's told me to send the MOBO back but, as you all (should) know, one cannot game without a motherboard! Halp!

Thanks for letting me know, I'll just uninstall GeForce Experience until I upgrade to Windows 10.

Have you tried resetting your mobo and flashing the latest version? I downloaded the latest bios a while ago and flashed it, but apparently something went wrong in the process, I flashed it again today and some problems were fixed.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Thanks for letting me know, I'll just uninstall GeForce Experience until I upgrade to Windows 10.

Have you tried resetting your mobo and flashing the latest version? I downloaded the latest bios a while ago and flashed it, but apparently something went wrong in the process, I flashed it again today and some problems were fixed.

I flashed it a month ago with the latest version, but I'll try flashing again. Thanks for the idea.