Tech Confession Time!

rustikles

I used to recommend asus, never ever will i do that again

What experience did you have with ASUS?

H110, 3570k, Mpower and I still haven't overclocked 

You know you can OC it with just pressing the OC genie button right?

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

I bought an Antec DF-85 the case looks great and is amazing if you want to air cool forever but I wish I would have bought a bigger cleaner looking case.

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

Why? Everything they make is fantastic! Especially their maximus line of mobo's and their DCUII line of graphics cards.

I have used a 1600x900 monitor for the past 2 years using VGA and I run a reference 460. I'm sorry :( don't judge me

i like cats

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

I will start first. I had a 1200 budget for my PC and................. I DID NOT BUY AN SSD...    Im such a disgrace.

Sorry. Tech People.

LoL this..plus I had mine pre built and not built by myself also I.....don't game on a mouse and keyboard but a 360 controller........ 

Steam and origins ID: Erebus305

Why? Everything they make is fantastic! Especially their maximus line of mobo's and their DCUII line of graphics cards.

What experience did you have with ASUS?

You know you can OC it with just pressing the OC genie button right?

Yes i know asus products are bloody awesome when they work. It might of affected me more as i had a business before, all of everything the asus products broke the most(but thats just hard luck), so the standard rma is done, and take in in this problem happened four times, i had to what over a month which is stupid, the customer is pissed, i have to buy a replacement as i dont have any idea as to when the products will be back.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I know this is an old post but why is it against CoC? Talking about piracy isn't against CoC unless you are discussing specifics (trade, sale, exchange or supply). The closest thing to breaking the rules is admitting to being involved in the "distribution of..." but no one here has admitted that. At most people said they were ashamed because they didn't seed (distribute) but that still isn't breaking CoC. 

Again I'm not trying to start an argument or anything but is it against CoC to talk about piracy? It doesn't say it is in the CoC. I just want to be clear on this because this isn't the first time I've seen people say "it's against CoC", when no specific rule has been broken.

Valid concerns. Talking about pirating, strictly speaking, isn't against the CoC. Admitting to having pirated stuf (or actively pirating stuff), however, is against the CoC.

Example:

I think they should legalise software piracy for personal use because X and Y.

Is fine. You are very well permitted to voice your opinion on the matter.

Yesterday I pirated movie Z. Awesome movie!

Is against the CoC. "Admitting to being involved in the distribution of..." is applicable here, as you have both a sender and a receiver in the distribution chain.

Basically, it all boils down to this: if you wouldn't say something to the head of the MPAA, because you would be facing legal actions, then don't say it here.

Built a watercooling loop and crossed half of the tubing runs and used tubing that leached plasticizer   ^_^

Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Memory: 32GB 3600mhz DDR4 | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 |
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb, 850 Evo 500gb, 960 Pro 1tb | Cooling: Custom Liquid Cooling Loop (CPU/GPU) | Case: CaseLabs Mercury S8+Pedestal  | Monitors: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q + PA238QR

I bought a Define R4 in white and the plastic bits did not like UV exposure and now I will dip the entire case or else my OCD will drive me mad.

I

I bought a Define R4 in white and the plastic bits did not like UV exposure and now I will dip the entire case or else my OCD will drive me mad.
Vinyl dye is your friend Me, I've never had an SSD because I'm still worried about it failing.I also brought a LG L3 and rooted it because its so slow but I now get screen tear because the display is so bad!I've also haven't overclocked since the clock switches where taken off motherboards

I only use one screw for my side panel, i take it off so much that it just seems pointless to leave both in, most of the time i dont even have any screws in due to laziness.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

If you read the stupid paint writing ive done then you woudl see that there is no southbridge heatsink.

gallery_16690_297_688553.jpg

Listen if you care.

I use VGA.

I have a $3000 rig. I still use VGA.

my system is technically a dell prebuilt system, the only dell remaining part is the cpu now.

kool story bro, I kept all the parts, but I only use the cpu and the RAM. It was a let down when I realised my mobo was alergic to my new gpu, such bs( I of course bought new case and cpu)

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Also i dont have an IO shield, honestly i have no idea where it went, i lost it between switching cases.

Listen if you care.

5.0ghz 75-80c

IDGAF :P

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

I didn't screw in all the motherboard screws...

1 year later still no problems

My PC specs: 

CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2 GHz    Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB @ 1866MHz    GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 770 ACX (2-way sli)    Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 (black)    Storage: 128 GB Crucial M4 SSD (boot drive)WD Green 1 TB storage drive    PSU: Corsair RM 850w    Display: BenQ XL2420TE    Cooling: Corsair H100, 5 Noctua NF-F12s    Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate    Mouse: SteelSeries Rival    Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50s  THIS STATEMENT IS YELLOW

This could be fun, so why not? 

1. I run my computer completely caseless, and I am probably going to change the plans to fix that.  Sorry. 

2. My opinion is that windows 8 does not work, as much as I would like it to. Not sorry. (I gave it plenty of chances on several machines. It is not ready.)

3. I still use windows 98SE and 2000 pro on a daily basis. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Not sorry. 

4. I don't like Android. It pisses me off. Sorry. 

5. I do not use an antivirus. It is easier to just not do anything personal on the computer than it is to worry with taking time to scan. Sorry.  

6. I use an SSD and can't tell the difference between the computer running it and the one running a 5400RPM HDD. Sorry. 

7. I would not recommend an SSD unless you had $100+ left and nothing else to upgrade at all. Sorry. 

8. I use a reference GTX480, and am thinking about getting another for SLI. Sorry. 

9. I prefer gaming on MX Blues. NOt really sorry. 

10. I bought a new router because I could not remember the password to turn the wireless back on. I'd be sorry if it wasn't my money. 

11. I prefer windows Vista to XP or 7. Honestly had fewer issues with it, and started using it on release day. :( Sorry. 

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

what's wrong with asus??

Dell XPS 15 9560 - Nikon Z5 - Galaxy S10+

This could be fun, so why not? 

1. I run my computer completely caseless, and I am probably going to change the plans to fix that.  Sorry. 

2. My opinion is that windows 8 does not work, as much as I would like it to. Not sorry. (I gave it plenty of chances on several machines. It is not ready.)

3. I still use windows 98SE and 2000 pro on a daily basis. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Not sorry. 

4. I don't like Android. It pisses me off. Sorry. 

5. I do not use an antivirus. It is easier to just not do anything personal on the computer than it is to worry with taking time to scan. Sorry.  

6. I use an SSD and can't tell the difference between the computer running it and the one running a 5400RPM HDD. Sorry. 

7. I would not recommend an SSD unless you had $100+ left and nothing else to upgrade at all. Sorry. 

8. I use a reference GTX480, and am thinking about getting another for SLI. Sorry. 

9. I prefer gaming on MX Blues. NOt really sorry. 

10. I bought a new router because I could not remember the password to turn the wireless back on. I'd be sorry if it wasn't my money. 

11. I prefer windows Vista to XP or 7. Honestly had fewer issues with it, and started using it on release day. :( Sorry. 

I was just about to make a topic asking about caseless builds. So are your parts on one of those test benches or whatever it is? Isnt it actually better to go caseless for better airflow?

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

what's wrong with asus??

i think ive stated it multiple times on the thread now, go back a few pages.

Listen if you care.

I was just about to make a topic asking about caseless builds. So are your parts on one of those test benches or whatever it is? Isnt it actually better to go caseless for better airflow?

A bench case (whatever they are called) is still a case to me. No, It is just assembled on the bookcase next to the desk. Airflow is actually worse as the only 2 fans are on the GPU and CPU. VRMs get hot, as does the chipset. But I don't care, cases are expensive. 

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

my 4p machine is completely naked.. not even on a test bench, just sitting there on the shelf, it's just alot easier to manage airflow and whatnot, that shouldn't be needed for a normal system though, just get a case that looks nice, have a clean system with everything in one place so that you don't have cables and shit everywhere, and btw i use a screw driver to turn on the system because i don't even have a power button..

I have never read the license and agreements  :(

you mean....you LIED when you checked the box!?!? :o

i dont think anyone ever reads them

AMD FX 8350 8-Core CPU (Stock 4GHz) | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | (Rev. 4.0) | 8GB 1600MHz HyperX Fury | AMD R9 270 (MSI Gaming OC Edition) | NZXT H440 (White) | Kingston 120GB SSDnow V300 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB (7200 RPM) | Corsair RM750m 750w Fully Modular Power Supply

Dell 23.6-Inch 1080p 60hz IPS Display | Corsair H100i AIO Liquid Cooler | Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G502 Proteus Core | iSymphony Wireless Stereo Speakers | Windows 8.1 (64-bit)