CSS or Python

C.G.F.Sabre

I am currently working on a game for my dads class, and he would like for it to be where everyone in the class can play the game at once and we built it in javafx but now since the java plugin has been removed from google chrome. I am now trying to figure out which one would be the best for chromebooks and putting on the web.

Id say Python. Its much more flexible than CSS.

It is more difficult than CSS to use in a browser, but its what I would do.

~Judah

Id say Python. Its much more flexible than CSS.

It is more difficult than CSS to use in a browser, but its what I would do.

well those are just the 2 I know of, but do you know any other options.

well those are just the 2 I know of, but do you know any other options.

I would do Ruby on Rails, or a JS front-end with a PHP back-end.

It really depends on what you are trying to do though. What kind of game? Can the "steps" in the game be done with a page reload? Will delay or lag affect gameplay?

~Judah

I would do Ruby on Rails, or a JS front-end with a PHP back-end.

It really depends on what you are trying to do though. What kind of game? Can the "steps" in the game be done with a page reload? Will delay or lag affect gameplay?

It is like a game where you have to put numbers on a line in order

here is the game(http://pastebin.com/7xd4ZtN9)

Depending on what is required for your game, you may just be able to make a basic web application.

Front End:

• HTML
  • CSS,
  • JavaScript

If you also need some back end then you have plenty of choice:

• JavaScript (Node)
  • Python (Django, Flask, etc)
  • Ruby (Rails)
  • Java (Spring MVC, Play, etc)
  • C# (ASP.NET)
  • PHP

Perhaps show some screenshots of the game being played to help give people an idea of what might be required.

here is an actuall video there are 3 levels.

Depending on what is required for your game, you may just be able to make a basic web application.

Front End:

• HTML
  • CSS,
  • JavaScript

If you also need some back end then you have plenty of choice:

• JavaScript (Node)
  • Python (Django, Flask, etc)
  • Ruby (Rails)
  • Java (Spring MVC, Play, etc)
  • C# (ASP.NET)
  • PHP

I only really know java and javafx.

here is an actuall video there are 3 levels.

In that case id do CSS on the frontend, with JS making AJAX calls to either PHP or NodeJS

~Judah

In that case id do CSS on the frontend, with JS making AJAX calls to either PHP or NodeJS

is thier anyway I could just make it in one language and run it on a website kinda like flonga, and addicting games,  ect?

is thier anyway I could just make it in one language and run it on a website kinda like flonga, and addicting games,  ect?

Most of those game sites use Flash (evil) or HTML5 (good).

I personally dont have experience in either, so I couldnt help you much with that

~Judah

If it's already made in java what's stopping you from embedding an applet?

i want to die

Java is already compatible with the web, this website has an example of how to do this and a demo at the bottom of the page, however, I think this is a little out dated, so I would google search a more robust way to do this with the HTML <object> tag. http://www.simplehtmlguide.com/javaapplets.php

Alternatively, you can make this game entirely, and without too much difficulty using the HTML5 <canvas> tag and some JavaScript. Note that I said HTML5 rather than HTML, if you need the game to run on older browsers, you would need to look into flash and actionscript3. Adobe has extensive AS3 documentation if you want to go that route.

Personally, I'm more comfortable with PHP/JavaScript/CSS etc so I'd be more inclined to use a canvas, however, you should definitely try to embed a Java applet first since you already have a Java application, then all you would need is a few lines of CSS to position and scale the application

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

If it's already made in java what's stopping you from embedding an applet?

I don't know what to do :).

I don't know what to do :).

Google has all the answers.

i want to die

CSS and python are completely unrelated things. CSS is used to add styles to html, formatting the page, but it's completely useless on its own. Python on the other hand is an interpreted programming (scripting) language, which, to the best of my knowledge, doesn't support GUIs (user interfaces) and certainty doesn't work as a client side Web application, which seems to be what you want.

Your best option is probably to just ask people to use a browser with java if you've already made the game in java, or if that's not an option then to run the game in the browser, you either want to learn flash (actionscript) or use HTML5+javascript (the specific part is called the canvas api).

HTTP/2 203

CSS and python are completely unrelated things. CSS is used to add styles to html, formatting the page, but it's completely useless on its own. Python on the other hand is an interpreted programming (scripting) language, which, to the best of my knowledge, doesn't support GUIs (user interfaces) and certainty doesn't work as a client side Web application, which seems to be what you want.

Your best option is probably to just ask people to use a browser with java if you've already made the game in java, or if that's not an option then to run the game in the browser, you either want to learn flash (actionscript) or use HTML5+javascript (the specific part is called the canvas api).

Ok thanks