Corsair K70 RGB vs Razer Blackwidow Chroma (Straw Poll included)

SubZeroFish

I absolutely love my K70 rgb! Mx red, I added 0.4mm O-rings, worth all the effort to put each one on!

Here is where I would keep my frolics if I had any.

I absolutely love my K70 rgb! Mx red, I added 0.4mm O-rings, worth all the effort to put each one on!

Would you say it is worth the extra £ ?

Alright, is Amazon the best place to buy?

Amazon is perfectly fine!

Would you say it is worth the extra £ ?

You don't need O-Rings unless if you want to eliminate more sound.

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames

Amazon is perfectly fine!

You don't need O-Rings unless if you want to eliminate more sound.

Ok, I will see how much more I need to save, but are the RGB lights bright enough in your opinion? I have heard from reviews that it could do with another brightness level.

Ok, I will see how much more I need to save, but are the RGB lights bright enough in your opinion? I have heard from reviews that it could do with another brightness level.

The brightness is a little bit dimmed, but it's still clearly visible.  If you want the K70 and you want to have good lighting, it being dimmed is better than having some keys not have any color at all.

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames

K70 is awesome if you can live with the LED burn outs it's great product quality well worth the money.... K70 light is dim yea but you know it's better than no color at all no biggie still best value for money it's just minor problems great quality overall well worth the money.

Razer never, piece of crap

K70 is awesome if you can live with the LED burn outs it's great product quality well worth the money.... K70 light is dim yea but you know it's better than no color at all no biggie still best value for money it's just minor problems great quality overall well worth the money.

Razer never, piece of crap

With the LEDs burning out are you talking about the non RGB?

Also I really appreciate your responses, otherwise I probably would of made the wrong decision.

I was being sarcastic,

that said, if you care about what other people's opinions and have to be part of the general trend to feel right and safe, then go with the Corsair.

But as some hermit of this forum once said, "Corsair keyboards are the worst keyboards I will buy with my own money", which resounds from my own opinion too. Razer probably fall a bit short of that, and this part is my own opinion, they are mostly the same. people put these two keyboards together to scrutinize the most because, wait for it, they are mostly the same stuff, just like your old and stale xbox vs ps console wars.

Once again I analogize for the large amount of questions.

But what I would really like to know, is:

-Have you had any key problems with the Blackwidow?

-Which would you rather use for typing and gaming?

-Does the Blackwidow feel "Cheap" and overpriced? (I have heard this from reviews)

Thanks for sharing your knowledge :)

-

Sorry for the late reply anyways.

"Have you had any key problems with the Blackwidow"?

None whatsoever orderd it on the 4th of March 2015.

"Which would you rather use for typing and gaming"?

Well that is kinda hard to answer its subjective really but I'll try my best. For typing the spacing on the BWC is not standard so you may have to adjust just a bit at first. For gaming both are great to game on. Its justa matter of the switches that it has. My k70 Sails has mx reds BWC feels more like mx blues. As you know reds dont need to be bottomed out to achieve a reaction and are quiet. Razer greens on the other hand have that clicky sound but are still ok.

On the other hand Razer wins with their software because it is very easy to setup (macros, lighting,etc) while on the Corsair side of things you may need a PHD in rocket science (Just read the manual, the 100+ page manual....)

So to answer for typing I choose the k70 reds because I can type faster on that one. For gaming either one is ok. If you get past the learning curve of the corsair software that is.

"Does the Blackwidow feel "Cheap" and overpriced"?

I dont really know what "Cheap" mean for other people but here goes.

K70:

Plastic plus metal a very solid keyboard.

Has dedicated media buttons and a volume wheel.

Cherry MX reds>Razer greens for me at least

BWC

Plastic but is heavier than the K70.

Dedicated Gkeys

Easier software

Has media buttons but you need to use the function key

Has mic and headphone passthtough and extra usb slot

Final notes:

As for cleanliness the K70 get much dirty faster than the BWC. For tactile feeling the K70 keys feel smoother and nicer than the BWC plus their keys have complete character legends so that the lights can show through. Build quality is good on both with the K70 just being lighter but both keyboards are solid. Lighting well the BWC wins it. Its lights are brighter and faster than the K70. Lastly BWC costs less than a K70 here in Australia.

TL:DR

K70

Cherry MX

BWC

Software

Everything else is pretty much the same.

2gv0uh0.jpg

2iw2jp5.jpg

mm5xg3.jpg

Disclaimer keyboards do not include fancy ESC keys :P

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

K70 RGB all day.

The Chroma was 50% off at the RAZER CES 2015 sale back in January, only shows how much profit Razer makes off young kids who want to be cool  ;)

It was 75€.. and now? The cheapest store here sells it for 176€... a massive 100€ more.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

K70 RGB all day.

The Chroma was 50% off at the RAZER CES 2015 sale back in January, only shows how much profit Razer makes off young kids who want to be cool  ;)

It was 75€.. and now? The cheapest store here sells it for 176€... a massive 100€ more.

Your logic amuses me, and also the Corsair fanboy-ism. 

Your logic amuses me. 

Please explain. 

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Sorry for the late reply anyways.

"Have you had any key problems with the Blackwidow"?

None whatsoever orderd it on the 4th of March 2015.

"Which would you rather use for typing and gaming"?

Well that is kinda hard to answer its subjective really but I'll try my best. For typing the spacing on the BWC is not standard so you may have to adjust just a bit at first. For gaming both are great to game on. Its justa matter of the switches that it has. My k70 Sails has mx reds BWC feels more like mx blues. As you know reds dont need to be bottomed out to achieve a reaction and are quiet. Razer greens on the other hand have that clicky sound but are still ok.

On the other hand Razer wins with their software because it is very easy to setup (macros, lighting,etc) while on the Corsair side of things you may need a PHD in rocket science (Just read the manual, the 100+ page manual....)

So to answer for typing I choose the k70 reds because I can type faster on that one. For gaming either one is ok. If you get past the learning curve of the corsair software that is.

"Does the Blackwidow feel "Cheap" and overpriced"?

I dont really know what "Cheap" mean for other people but here goes.

K70:

Plastic plus metal a very solid keyboard.

Has dedicated media buttons and a volume wheel.

Cherry MX reds>Razer greens for me at least

BWC

Plastic but is heavier than the K70.

Dedicated Gkeys

Easier software

Has media buttons but you need to use the function key

Has mic and headphone passthtough and extra usb slot

Final notes:

As for cleanliness the K70 get much dirty faster than the BWC. For tactile feeling the K70 keys feel smoother and nicer than the BWC plus their keys have complete character legends so that the lights can show through. Build quality is good on both with the K70 just being lighter but both keyboards are solid. Lighting well the BWC wins it. Its lights are brighter and faster than the K70. Lastly BWC costs less than a K70 here in Australia.

TL:DR

K70

Cherry MX

BWC

Software

Everything else is pretty much the same.

2gv0uh0.jpg

2iw2jp5.jpg

mm5xg3.jpg

Disclaimer keyboards do not include fancy ESC keys :P

Thank you very much Ashtaroth, your detailed response and the pictures have been a great help in me making the right decision. It is ideal to have someone who has both keyboards who can give a honest opinion, which you gave so thank you :) (lol dat Esc key)

I think I will pick the K70, because I want a keyboard that has a good reputation that isn't mixed like the BWC. Some people have said the Razer keys are great and better the Cherry, and then some said they are cheap and crap. I have heard nothing bad about the K70 apart from the lights and software, but personally for me the keys are what I prefer out of these factors. As nice as the lights are on the BWC, it is used for typing. My two questions I have been asking myself when picking between these keyboard are "Which keys are going to give me the best experience for the money" and "which will more likely last the longest". Thanks to your help I believe I made the right decision of picking the K70, as it answered my two questions better then the BWC.

Thank you all for your help, and to everyone who voted in the poll.