Swagbucks.com Long Term Review: Earn giftcards for free

Greetings fellow tech enthusiast.  I have seen this topic mentioned in the past on this site, and I thought I would provide some long term results.  This review is on the website Swagbucks.com.  For those of you who have not heard of swagbucks before, it is a site that allows you to earn free gift cards by preforming random tasks.  The tasks range from surveys, playing games, using their search engine, letting their apps show advertisements on your android or iOS device(they run automatically), or even shopping online.  I first want to say that I have been using this site for just over 2 years.  It is a legitimate site, and you can legitimately earn some money/gift cards on there.  

The concept:

This site is very simple.  Just like most sites on the internet, swagbucks.com makes its revenue based on internet advertisements.  Almost everything you do to earn what they call "Swagbucks" revolves around some sort of advertisement.  When you use their search engine, you get sponsored search results...just like google.  When you play the games, in between each game there is a short advertisements.  Im sure you can see where this is going.  Basically, they show the advertisements and make money.  They choose to cut the viewers in on the action in the form of Swagbucks.  

The member benefits:

Swagbucks, monetarily, represent one US cent.  You are able to earn really as many or as few as you wish.  The more offers you complete, the more swagbucks you will earn.  You can cash out for things like gift cards, charity donations, and entries for their drawings they call "swagstakes."  You can actually start cashing out at as low as 5 Swagbucks.  These are some charity donations.  The gift cards selection is honestly incredible.  You can do Amazon, Bestbuy, Walmart, Target, Visa gift cards, and even Paypal.  That's right, if you want...you can turn these swagbucks into COLD HARD CASH!!!  I will not claim that is site will allow you to quit your job, but I will say that if you want to save up for a new toy or computer part, or maybe even pay for your holiday shopping...this site can easily add up to that.

Bottom Line and my Results:

I'm not going to make this a long review because there isn't much more to say other than this site is amazing, and it REALLY WORKS.  I joined the site on 6/30/13.  To date i have earned 133,598 swagbucks which converts to roughly $1336 US dollars.  I honestly don't put hardly any time into this site to make that either.  I have redeemed my swagbucks for over $550 in Paypal cash and $600 plus in amazon gift cards.  I have spent them and they do work.  

Getting started and referrals:

If you are interested in how this site works please feel free to download my tutorial that I have linked below.  It is very in depth with detailed instructions and images on how to get started with some of my best practices.  I will upfront disclose that swagbucks does offer referral bonuses.  In this case, if you refer someone, you will get 10% of the swagbucks that your referral earns for life.  Ex:  I refer Joe and he earns 100 swagbucks...I will receive 10 swagbucks.  Joe keeps all 100 swagbucks.  I will place my referral link at the bottom of this review, and it is also embedded in the tutorial document. 

In closing friends, I hope that this quick review has been helpful.  I also hope you will check out my tutorial linked below.  I spent a few hours making it and I think it turned out fairly useful.  I hope some of you can have some good luck with swagbucks and that it helps you in any way it can.  Whether it be saving for that new GPU or paying off a bill...Swagbucks can help a little.

Tutorial Link: (unfortunately google drive messes up the document some as for as locations of text boxes and formatting.  If you download it, it works fine)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzvIopbN7f1dTWVZNVY3MFgzV1k/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Godlygamer23
Removed referral link and reference.

[removed]

79 Potatoes...I can assure you that I am not spamming.  I just joined and thought this could be useful to some of the forum users.  No harm intended.  I use this site to fund my toys.  Saving now for a 980 ti.

Edited by Godlygamer23

We do not allow posting referrals. Please take a look at the CoC which can be found here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/95599-linus-tech-tips-forum-code-of-conduct/

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

My apologies to all.  Godlygamer23 has removed the information that breached the CoC.  

Hmm, I do think I should at least check this out..! :D thanks for the review :)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

I can vouch for the site if anyone is wondering if it is a scam (it isn't), though lately it has become harder to earn bucks. I have been apart of the community for years. 

The cool thing is if you also bing and save up you can get the 500 Swag cards. Get five of those, and you get $25 in Paypal cash. One of those 500$ will you get $5 dollars. I've done this four times so far and for me, just doing searches like I normally do while getting $25/5 out of it is pretty sweet.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

can anyone calculate an average time-to-swagbuck equation? how much time do I need to put in to get $5 in paypal?

Not really a formula that can be made.  It depends on how much you put into it.  I average about 80 swagbucks a day.  That is with very minimal effort.  If you read my tutorial one of the easiest ways to get swagbucks is to install the 6 different apps that allow you to earn swagbucks, you can earn upwards of 100 Swagbucks a day by just letting them run.  These apps just show random videos.  Some could be movie trailors or just some random video series off of youtube.  In between each of the videos, a short advertisement will play.  When you have watched enough videos/advertisments you get 2 swagbucks.  I dont know if the max numbers I put in the tutorial are quite as high as they used to be, but even if they are lower it would still be easy to pull 70-80 swagbucks a day.  These apps unfortunately can be a little buggy and hang up, I just check them every so often and make sure they are still running.  If they are hung up, I will restart them.  My average per month is around $40-$50 with minimal effort.  I mean I leave the apps running while I sleep, or why I am at work.  They just run and I just save the SBs.  Like I said it is not a lot, but it is a great way to save up for something you want or holiday or birthday gifts.  Take a look at my tutorial, it is very simple and I made it really detailed.  Feel free to message me with any questions.

I used this site before, I just literally couldn't be bothered to put in the effort to earn the rewards, if you wanted extra points, you had to use their tool bar, when you start off, you get excited, but you need patience in order to reap the rewards. I've joined another by invitation consumer website where I get gift cards by simply entering my shopping for the week.  :lol: £60 already made within a couple months. 

I was only been able to redeem about 5 dollars once, after that they keep deactivating my account with out noticing or even giving me any reason why, I haven't done anything to get banned either, also they only ban me after I order stuff and it is in review or pending state, which made me super pissed, but none the less your $$$ amount, made me think twice I might try again, If I get my account de activated or get virus doing their tasks (which happened quite a lot) then I will try and get a real job lol

I was only been able to redeem about 5 dollars once, after that they keep deactivating my account with out noticing or even giving me any reason why, I haven't done anything to get banned either, also they only ban me after I order stuff and it is in review or pending state, which made me super pissed, but none the less your $$$ amount, made me think twice I might try again, If I get my account de activated or get virus doing their tasks (which happened quite a lot) then I will try and get a real job lol

I totally avoid their search/tool bar.  Check out my tutorial.  I really do NOTHING.  I have several tablets that I dedicate to the apps.  That by itself earns me something like upwards of 70 something cents by just running daily.  One thing I try and make sure is that I hit my daily goals.  They have a low and high goal of swagbucks to earn daily.  If you achieve the goal you get a bonus of what usually is about 10% in swagbucks the following month.  If you do it for so many days in a row, you get additional bonuses the following month.  If you complete all the daily goals for 7 days you get 25 SBs, 14 days gets you 100 SBs, 21 days gets 200 SBs, and a full month gets you 300 SBs.  Those monthly bonuses are ON TOP of the daily bonus i mentioned before.  So if you are good and do it everyday you will get 300 extra the following month plus the daily bonuses are usually between 200-300 if you meet the daily minimum.  So...if you just stay dedicated, you can earn an extra 5-6 dollars just for being dedicated.

can anyone calculate an average time-to-swagbuck equation? how much time do I need to put in to get $5 in paypal?

I suspect you could do it in a month if you are really lazy about it, but I have seen people make 200 Bucks a day if they watch videos, answer daily questions, do some surveys (not the kind that requires 15+ mins) and install free apps. If you do bonuses or keep at it, you could easily earn more than that a day.

If you bing, they have 500 Buck cards.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I used to use it. Ordered a few things, realized Google was a better search engine, stopped caring. I remember once I got like 500 points off one search once.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

I totally avoid their search/tool bar.  Check out my tutorial.  I really do NOTHING.  I have several tablets that I dedicate to the apps.  That by itself earns me something like upwards of 70 something cents by just running daily.  One thing I try and make sure is that I hit my daily goals.  They have a low and high goal of swagbucks to earn daily.  If you achieve the goal you get a bonus of what usually is about 10% in swagbucks the following month.  If you do it for so many days in a row, you get additional bonuses the following month.  If you complete all the daily goals for 7 days you get 25 SBs, 14 days gets you 100 SBs, 21 days gets 200 SBs, and a full month gets you 300 SBs.  Those monthly bonuses are ON TOP of the daily bonus i mentioned before.  So if you are good and do it everyday you will get 300 extra the following month plus the daily bonuses are usually between 200-300 if you meet the daily minimum.  So...if you just stay dedicated, you can earn an extra 5-6 dollars just for being dedicated.

I wonder if I bought a crap-ton of old used android phones and ran them 24/7 what kind of cash I could rake in... But yeah, a minimum wage (US) job will, in like a week or two at an hour a day, will earn you as much as you have earned here. At 4 hours a day you'll be done insanely fast.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

Bing rewards would be easier (except it would be a $5 amazon gift card)

Just search up things and get money. :)

Although i rarely use Swagbucks as i use Steampowers.........

How much work does it take to get a $5 Amazon card on bing rewards?

How much work does it take to get a $5 Amazon card on bing rewards?

Work Formula by nature is W = Force Applied x Displacement.

If Force = 0 and Displacement is $5, how much work did I do?

There is hidden text in this post

www.pogocheats.net/bing-rewards-bot/

Btw you were earning $3.7 a day which isn't really that much for 3 years worth of surveys.. Js..

Also I use OpinionOutpost atm and it's pretty good.

Is OpinionOutpost worth it?

Intel i7 4790k / MSI Z97M / Hyper 212 Evo / MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz / Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 / Corsair CS750M / Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD /  WD Blue 1TB

Work Formula by nature is W = Force Applied x Displacement.

If Force = 0 and Displacement is $5, how much work did I do?

There is hidden text in this post

www.pogocheats.net/bing-rewards-bot/

0Nm :P

Intel i7 4790k / MSI Z97M / Hyper 212 Evo / MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz / Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 / Corsair CS750M / Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD /  WD Blue 1TB

When I was like 11 I earned a total $15 worth on Amazon. Keep in mind it took me about 2 weeks doing it for several hours per day.

The surveys are such garbage. They'll take all your personal question, ask about your habits for 15 minutes, suddenly change the subject altogether, ask you another 15 minutes, then they'll tell you that you're not the person they're looking for. Scam IMO, especially after taking 30 minutes worth of information and I highly doubt they toss it - it's very likely still kept by them for free.

Swagbucks pays you like two cents for an hour of watching ads, literally, and all in all it's a horrible way to make money IMO.