XBOX One to get Keyboard & Mouse Support!

Ifeagan

Like the title says, it looks like KBM support is coming to X1 sooner rather than later.. see Phil Spencer's twitter response to a fan  https://twitter.com/XboxP3/with_replies

Here is the IGN article.... http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/07/22/microsoft-to-bring-keyboard-and-mouse-support-to-xbox-one?%20hub%20page%20%28front%20page%29&utm_content=1

This seems like a really good move if implemented for gaming. Playing RTS and FPS games on X1 would be epic. (Halo 5 ... Mouse and keyboard.... yes please!)

Edit: This is twitter.... so grain of salt, wait and see but still interesting.

Still don't feel like playing games at 30 fps

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

So its not the opposite? You can buy a pc with a keyboard or a pc with an Xbox controller Or an Xbox with a controller or with a keyboard and mouse? I dont understand why. I

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

While this is good overall, it may not be what people really want.

With the PS3, the mouse and keyboard only emulated the gamepad, essentially, so having "super precise PC Master Race KBM control" in games didn't happen.

So if they just do it by means of an emulation/substitution system, that won't be anything too special - there's already adapters and such for that; it's not the best experience.

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

Still don't feel like playing games at 30 fps

giphy.gif

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

I thought you already could with an adaptor 

Seems like only keyboard support for UI/OS nav is currently officially supported, there may be a third party adapter I am unaware of though, but official support is significant.

Heyyo,

I thought you already could with an adaptor

Yes you can... but it's not native support. There's a really slight delay on the controls for the mouse when playing FPS games... RTS games don't work properly at all... you have to keep messing around with your control schemes and all kinds of stuff... It's just a pain in the ass.

They've come a long way since the original adapters on the original Xbox... but they're still nowhere near perfect. Native Mouse and Keyboard support in games would be awesome.

BUT! That's another major issue... native support... the games themselves would also need to support keyboard and mouse... Last I remembered? Only Unreal Tournament 3 and Counter-Strike: Source on the PS3 supported keyboard and mouse... PS4? It also has native support for keyboard and mouse... but I don't think there's a single game with native keyboard and mouse support on it... so unless Microsoft forces game developers to have basic support for K&M? It's probably going to not get used minus what? Maybe two game titles? :P

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

Ever hear of Halo 5.... yea its 60 FPS.

What about the other games? 

its not going to be useable for games im calling it right now. aside from INCREDIBLY rare circumstances.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Makes you wonder if it will be like the Play Station Move controller thing no one bothered code to work with any games.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Everyone saying that devs are going to have to implament this and only a few games are going to have support...  If the game is multiplat and IS released on PC aswell there would be no reason for M/KB not to work with xb1 as well,  so the only games i see this being an issue with is games not released on PC.

Ever hear of Halo 5.... yea its 60 FPS.

At 720p.

Heck my 8 year old Core 2 Duo + 8800 GT can easily do that.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Halo 5 and the collection on PC in the near future, but this is a good thing as controllers suck for FPS games!  

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

At 720p.

More likely at a 900p ish res. A locked frame rate is totally worth the sacrifice.

At 720p.

Not in Dead Rising 3 or Watch Dogs kek

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Not in Dead Rising 3 or Watch Dogs kek

I don't have DR3 so I can't test it.  However, the XBone version is 720p at 30 fps.  I have a feeling my relic Core2 and 8800GT might be able to run that.

Watchdogs is a horrible port from consoles.  Had the PC received a version specific for it (like GTAV) then it would perform far FAR better on PC.

If I had to guess, the XBone's potential is somewhere in the likes of a Core Q6600 with a GTX 650 (non ti).

Had the PC received a version specific for it (like GTAV) then it would perform far FAR better on PC.

If I had to guess, the XBone's potential is somewhere in the likes of a Core Q6600 with a GTX 650 (non ti).

Watch dogs was a PC specific version though

But yeah I agree 650 makes sense, I mean it's core configuration is the same as a 7790

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R