steam's in-home streaming help

Hi, i have some questions about steams in-home streaming service
I want to be able to stream to my laptop in-home wirelessly 1080 ,60fps or 720, 30fps
In my home i dont even get 1mpbs of net speed (which hopfully i will change in the future) and i have a crappy sky router, i live in UK

I have heard the speed is not that important, instead its the stabilty of the connection thats important.
So what am i looking for in a router ? There are soo many. Could you narrow the list.
What router will be best for in-home streaming and for online game play like bf4, bf3

Thanks

You could be offline to use streaming (theoretically) as your download speed doesn't matter. Your download speed is how fast you can get data from computers or servers outside of your home network. In home streaming does not use anything outside your home network, it does it all internally.

It does on a Lan network right? But i doubt the router i have will do the job. The model number is sky(102). But i am not sure wat other router to get. There are tons of them.

It does on a Lan network right? But i doubt the router i have will do the job. The model number is sky(102). But i am not sure wat other router to get. There are tons of them.